• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are gas prices in your area?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Wow, I feel sorry for y’all down under, too.

For me, it's a good reason to use public transport, and the train system is pretty good (certainly not as good as I've seen in Europe though). Depends pretty heavily on where you live and where you are trying to get to in terms of whether that is an option, but as someone who works in the city (Melbourne), and lives in a residential suburb, that is a better and cheaper overall option than driving. Better for the environment too, I think.

We are struggling here to invest or transition to alternative fuel for vehicles. Pretty stupid and short-sighted, as there is no reason it has to be that way.

Suave

Simulated character
Around me in Oklahoma one town is $2.79 and 22 miles away in another town its $2.54. That's a significant price difference for 22 miles.

Give state or country please and thank you

According to the fuel price signs by gas stations I drive past with my electric vehicle, a gallon of regular unleaded west of Chicago I figure is priced on average around $3.23.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
On my way to work this morning, I saw a Shell station at $3.11, and 2 miles later I saw a Speedway station at $2.93. 18¢ difference.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
On my way to work this morning, I saw a Shell station at $3.11, and 2 miles later I saw a Speedway station at $2.93. 18¢ difference.
There has been more than one time I have seen a dollar or more difference per gallon by merely crossing a state line....

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
It's just sad to see the zeal for green transportation and when people jump on the bandwagon and start utilizing green transportation, they are inevitably discouraged for doing so.

As from this reddit post by someone riding a Max, it's not just something involving the U.S. it's everywhere.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ElectricScooters/comments/g408h9/just_got_pulled_over_by_police_in_sydney/
Wait, are you saying that the guy in the video didn't deserve the ticket?

If I heard it right, he blew a red light. Even pedestrians will get a ticket for that.

Thats not to mention the fact that he was doing 40 on a bike trail.

If anything, his behavior makes a good case for requiring people to have licenses for motorized bikes.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Wait, are you saying that the guy in the video didn't deserve the ticket?

If I heard it right, he blew a red light. Even pedestrians will get a ticket for that.

Thats not to mention the fact that he was doing 40 on a bike trail.

If anything, his behavior makes a good case for requiring people to have licenses for motorized bikes.
That's probably not the best example but it does show that alternatives are usually faced with hurdles and barriers. How many regular bikes are stopped for the same thing?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
That's probably not the best example but it does show that alternatives are usually faced with hurdles and barriers. How many regular bikes are stopped for the same thing?
For running a red light? No idea, but I do know it's against the law for bike riders just like everybody else.

I live in a college town in Southern California so there are a lot of bike riders here, including a whole bunch of not-so- responsible college kids, and off the top of my head I can't remember ever seeing anybody on a bicycle run a red light so I can't say from personal experience (must not be all that common though) but I have seen people pulled over for not having lights at night.

I've been pulled over myself for jumping the divider (the street was completely devoid of traffic in all directions).

Just guessing but I'm fairly certain if you blew a red light on a bicycle in front of a cop he'd come after you here.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
For running a red light? No idea, but I do know it's against the law for bike riders just like everybody else.

I live in a college town in Southern California so there are a lot of bike riders here, including a whole bunch of not-so- responsible college kids, and off the top of my head I can't remember ever seeing anybody on a bicycle run a red light so I can't say from personal experience, but I have seen people pulled over for not having lights at night.

I've been pulled over myself for jumping the divider (the street was completely devoid of traffic in all directions).

Just guessing but I'm fairly certain if you blew a red light on a bicycle in front of a cap he come after you here.
I know in Springfield, Ohio you have to obey traffic laws even on bicycles, roller skates, skateboards, etc.
you can be ticketed just like you would if in a vehicle.
AND you will also accumulate the points against your license just like if the offense was in a vehicle.

A buddy of mine went in at 16 to get his license to find out he had accumulated enough points to have his license suspended for two years.
He took it to court and the court agreed with the BVM.

Now granted this was back in 1989, so it might be different now.