• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are gas prices in your area?

We Never Know

No Slack
Around me in Oklahoma one town is $2.79 and 22 miles away in another town its $2.54. That's a significant price difference for 22 miles.

Give state or country please and thank you

Thanks for your replies everyone. I was just curious about gas prices in other areas/places.

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Per liter?!

Outrageous! Over $4.60 (Canadian) per gallon? That’s tax laden for clean-air initiatives, no doubt.

Does Canada have a lot of solar panels?
There are a lot of taxes on Canadian gas. Here in Ontario, we have:

- federal fuel tax ($0.10/L)
- federal carbon tax ($0.0884/L)
- provincial fuel tax ($0.147/L)
- HST (13%)

... and the HST gets charged on the price after the other taxes.

I believe @Vinayaka is in Alberta, where there's 5% GST instead of HST, and the provincial fuel tax is a bit less ($0.13/L).

exchemist

Veteran Member
Around me in Oklahoma one town is $2.79 and 22 miles away in another town its $2.54. That's a significant price difference for 22 miles.

About £1.25/litre. London.

That’s about USD 6.67/USG.

You people pay far too little for your motor fuel.

Last edited:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Per liter?!

Outrageous! Over $4.60 (Canadian) per gallon? That’s tax laden for clean-air initiatives, no doubt.

Does Canada have a lot of solar panels?
I buy 95 for my old Rav 4 and it costs around $1.60/litre here, but that is in a regional area. Cheaper in the city. We have no public transport so gotta have a car, or catch the private bus...also expensive :confused:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
A little below or above $4/gallon depending on the station - East Bay (Contra Costa County) CA.
I still don't get how gas prices work here. I have an understanding of how it's supposed to work, but the variations in one city alone here draws into serious question just how sensitive are market factors and how are these territories defined.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
3.79 to 3.89 here in the Southern-Central Coast of California.

RestlessSoul

£1.35 a litre in dear old London Town.

Costs me around £60 to fill my 20 year old BMW. But the beemer has to go, when the Ultra Low Emmission Zone extends to the suburbs. Which is cool. I have my over 60s bus pass now.

Will miss the German Whip, maybe as much as I missed my old 4.2 litre Jag when that had to go. Drank more than I did back in the day, that thing.

Nimos

Assume it is gallons? :)

Here in Denmark it is around 8.27$ per gallon.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
One of the reasons that the prices are rather high in Washington State are the taxes placed on gasoline. (Don't even talk to me about how that money is spent).

1920px-Fuel_taxes_in_the_united_states.png

That can make a difference of 50 cents per gallon. Other factors are going to be wages and property costs. If it costs a lot of money to pay for a lot and the building on it that will affect the price of gasoline. So will the costs of the people that work there. I could see my house and move into one twice as nice (or more) in a different state. I was shocked at how cheap very nice houses were going for in Las Vegas at the height of the pandemic. I could easily double the size of my house and perhaps add a swimming pool if I was willing to move then.
I used to think the same way. Then I travelled and saw how bad the roads are in other parts of the country as compared to how well they are kept up here. Now I don't get upset over seeing the road construction crews out causing traffic slow downs.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I still don't get how gas prices work here. I have an understanding of how it's supposed to work, but the variations in one city alone here draws into serious question just how sensitive are market factors and how are these territories defined.
What I hate is how fast prices go up at the drop of a hat and how slow they fall in comparison when market prices change.

It's almost the same complaint. We are always being gouged.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
What are gas prices in your area?

My area is south west france. At the moment the price is rocketing, it's gone up 20% in the last couple of months

Petrol (essence/ gas) is currently hovering around the €1.65 per litre and diesel (gas-oil) around €1.38 per litre

Thats $7.65 and $6.36 per US gallon respectively

Ain't you all so lucky with your cheap fuel?

exchemist

Veteran Member
What I hate is how fast prices go up at the drop of a hat and how slow they fall in comparison when market prices change.

It's almost the same complaint. We are always being gouged.
It seems to be a favourite American pastime to whine about the price of motor fuel - seemingly oblivious of the fact it is far cheaper there than almost anywhere else in the world, with damaging consequences for the world's climate. People were whining about it when I worked in Houston 20 years ago and little seems to have changed. In Europe we pay double what you pay and you almost never hear people making a big issue of the price.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It seems to be a favourite American pastime to whine about the price of motor fuel - seemingly oblivious of the fact it is far cheaper there than almost anywhere else in the world, with damaging consequences for the world's climate. People were whining about it when I worked in Houston 20 years ago and little seems to have changed. In Europe we pay double what you pay and you almost never hear people making a big issue of the price.
Sorry.

It might not occur to some people that the distances involving a longer commute to work are far more significant than in others, requiring more travel time, and of course, as it stands to reason, more fuel to get there.

Hence making things considerably more expensive than metro-lectualls living in their insulated contained existance among other short commute to work individuals.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Sorry.

It might not occur to some people that the distances involving a longer commute to work are far more significant than in others, requiring more travel time, and of course, as it stands to reason, more fuel to get there.

Hence making things considerably more expensive than metro-lectualls living in their insulated contained existance among other short commute to work individuals.
There is a whole ecosystem of housing sprawl and lack of public transport, as a result of cheap motor fuel in the USA. That needs to change.

The Greater Houston area is about 50 miles across, and consist mostly of ugly identikit housing and strip malls, built around the assumption that every family has at least 2 cars - in practice often more - and can do everything by driving everywhere. That whole way of living is unsustainable.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
About £1.25/litre. London.

That’s about USD 6.67/USG.

You people pay far too little for your motor fuel.
People need their cars to get around in North America.

... because public transit isn't a reliable way to get around in most places.

... because it doesn't get enough funding.

... because our fuel taxes are too low.

... because people need their cars to get around.

o_O