• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are Baha’is doing in Internet discussions, for Baha’u’llah or the House of Justice?

Jim

Nets of Wonder
NOTE: This thread is in a non debate forum.

I’ve been thinking about how to practice collaboration with Baha’is in Internet discussions. For that, I need to know what you’re trying to do, in Internet discussions, for Baha’u’llah or for the House of Justice. From what I’ve seen some of you saying and doing, I think that you might be trying to be polite and friendly sometimes. Maybe sometimes you are trying to proclaim the message and teach the cause of Bahá’u’lláh. Maybe sometimes you’re trying to do what He says about consorting with people of all religions. Maybe sometimes you’re trying to improve your behavior in ways that Bahá’u’lláh prescribes.

I’m hoping for Baha’is here to tell me what you are doing in Internet discussions that is part of what you think that Bahá’u’lláh and the House of Justice are calling for Baha’is to do.

Last edited:

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Now I remember a way that I’ve learned to collaborate with people in Internet discussions, that I can practice with Baha’is. I still would like to see answers from Baha’is about what you’re tiying to do in Internet discussions, for Baha’u’llah or for the House of Justice.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
:) Once again - a question addressed to Bahais in Interfaith Discussion / Religion Q&A. Wonder why not in the Bahai forum? Bahais never learn.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I fully agree that this thread should be in the Baha’i DIR as it is a discussion with Baha’is about Baha’is.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
That makes three people who want to exclude me from posting in this thread.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Why do you not want to use the Dir for Baha'i? You can and it in the menu in your profil

Hi Amanaki. My understanding is that a thread addressed to Baha’is, about Bahá’ís, between Baha’is, belongs in the Baha’i DIR as that’s where all the Baha’is are and can address these Baha’i specific questions related to Baha’i matters.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Hi Amanaki. My understanding is that a thread addressed to Baha’is, about Bahá’ís, between Baha’is, belongs in the Baha’i DIR as that’s where all the Baha’is are and can address these Baha’i specific questions related to Baha’i matters.
That is in my understanding the right way to do it too.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Why do you not want to use the Dir for Baha'i? You can and it in the menu in your profil
I don’t identify with that group. I don’t see any common interests at all between their Baha’i Faith and mine.
DIR (Discuss Individual Religions) forums are for the use of members who identify with those groups or practices
DIR Forums

Ii don’t see myself as a member of the “Baha’i Faith” that is practiced and promoted in Internet discussions. I see what people do in Internet discussions under that label as mostly contrary to Bahá’u’lláh’s purposes and what the House of Justice is promoting.

Apart from that, it’s contrary to my understanding of Bahá’u’lláh’s purposes to be a member of a group where the groups are associated with religious and political factions.

Last edited:

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I’ve been trying, and failing, for more than 15 years, to find some common ground interests in the Baha’i Faith between me and Baha’is who are promoting and defending their beliefs in Internet discussions. This thread is another one of those failed attempts.

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I don’t identify with that group. I don’t see any common interests at all between their Baha’i Faith and mine.

DIR Forums

Ii don’t see myself as a member of the “Baha’i Faith” that is practiced and promoted in Internet discussions. I see what people do in Internet discussions under that label as mostly contrary to Bahá’u’lláh’s purposes and what the House of Justice is promoting.

Apart from that, it’s contrary to my understanding of Bahá’u’lláh’s purposes to be a member of a group where the groups are associated with religious and political factions.
So why do you promote Baha'i so much when you are not following the teaching given? You use the world Baha'i or Bahá’u’lláh info everything, and now you say you are not one of them?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I’ve been trying, and failing, for more than 15 years, to find some common ground interests in the Baha’i Faith between me and Baha’is who are promoting and defending their beliefs in Internet discussions. This thread is another one of those failed attempts.
May it be a clue to the answer? You are not a follower of Bahá’u’lláh’s teaching?

Jim

Nets of Wonder
So why do you promote Baha'i so much when you are not following the teaching given? You use the world Baha'i or Bahá’u’lláh info everything, and now you say you are not one of them?
May it be a clue to the answer? You are not a follower of Bahá’u’lláh’s teaching?
I’m a member of the worldwide community called “the Baha’i Faith,” and I’m following Bahá’u’lláh as my master teacher. I’m opposed to the system of beliefs and practices in Internet discussions, which is also called “the Baha’i Faith.” Two separate religions with the same name, but with no common interests between them that I’ve ever been able to find.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I’m a member of the worldwide community called “the Baha’i Faith,” and I’m following Bahá’u’lláh as my master teacher. I’m opposed to the system of beliefs and practices in Internet discussions, which is also called “the Baha’i Faith.” Two separate religions with the same name, but with no common interests that I’ve ever been able to find between them.
Ah ok, Thank you for the ansswer :)