• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What annoys you?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
What is something your spouse or significant other does that annoys you?

What are some things other people do that annoy you (other than PopeADope's threads :p )

Lately for me it's hearing everyone speak in ebonics and blast shallow minded hip hop lyrics (though I do like some rap, some is just crap imo).

An example of ebonics: "I been done told you, im finna chill wit my hommies at my baby mammas crib and smoke some squares! What you think don't always be dat way, boo!" I'm not saying Ebonics is a bad thing, I just find it annoying.

(I know white people that speak in ebonics too, so I'm not saying it's a particular ethnic group that annoys me. I've met plenty who articulate themselves and speak eloquently in all such groups.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
There's a guy who just tries to barge right into my room. I literally have to shout at the top of my lungs and push him out of my room and peel his hand off my door knob. That is beyond annoying!

He also stole from me in the past. He's the reason I keep my door locked even when I'm inside.

If someone enters your apartment without permission, could you technically (in theory) use legal lethal Force against them (kill them legally)?

Bob the Unbeliever

Repetative Xmas music.

Now, I understand Consumerism: And the desire to remind shoppers why they are in the store in the first place: to buy sh--.

And playing seasonal music is part of that.

But what annoys me? Is Xmas music on a soundtrack that is only about an hour long... I often take much longer than that, to explore all the possibilities before heading to the checkout.

But when I can time my visit by which song is playing currently?

Well... I do pity all the slaves-- erm-- "employees" that must suffer through that repeated, over-and-over-and-over-and-over until January 1st. I feel their pain, I used to be one of them...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Two things here annoy me....
1) Mean people...you know, the ones who are cruel, lashing out at others.
2) Posters who seek out something to disagree over, ignoring everything else.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Humans.

Ebonics is just an African-American dialect of English. It's strongly influenced by Southern dialects. I have a lot of Southern influence in my speaking, so I can't hate on it.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
There's a guy who just tries to barge right into my room. I literally have to shout at the top of my lungs and push him out of my room and peel his hand off my door knob. That is beyond annoying!

He also stole from me in the past. He's the reason I keep my door locked even when I'm inside.

If someone enters your apartment without permission, could you technically (in theory) use legal lethal Force against them (kill them legally)?

Isn't there someone in charge of your housing that you could report the incident to? Also, killing an intruder depends on circumstances but in your case I don't think you could justify it in court.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Any culture that shames you for reporting crimes, even if you're the victim, is a garbage one.
It's complicated because I barged into his room and he tried to restrain me as I searched for stolen possessions. We are both guilty and there is a text I sent him that I don't want staff to see.

He and I have agreed not to talk anymore. If he enters my room again I will do everything I can to repel him so he will basically have to knock me out, because I'll strangle him and throw punches and do what I can to get him out of my room , and he knows it.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It's complicated because I barged into his room and he tried to restrain me as I searched for stolen possessions. We are both guilty and there is a text I sent him that I don't want staff to see.

He and I have agreed not to talk anymore. If he enters my room again I will do everything I can to repel him so he will basically have to knock me out, because I'll strangle him and throw punches and do what I can to get him out of my room , and he knows it.

Answer the door in the nude next time.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ebay listings annoy me when listers put every possible search term in the title.
They're hardly even related. Often even mutually exclusive.

Want an antique lathe?
Wade thru this kind'o garbage...
"Fantastic rare antique vintage museum industrial age steampunk
hit & miss steam gas John Deere engine carburetor americana machine
decorative cast iron legs tractor dining table art deco victorian lathe"

What it should be....
Antique wood lathe
or
Antique metal lathe

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
What is something your spouse or significant other does that annoys you?

What are some things other people do that annoy you (other than PopeADope's threads :p )

Lately for me it's hearing everyone speak in ebonics and blast shallow minded hip hop lyrics (though I do like some rap, some is just crap imo).

An example of ebonics: "I been done told you, im finna chill wit my hommies at my baby mammas crib and smoke some squares! What you think don't always be dat way, boo!" I'm not saying Ebonics is a bad thing, I just find it annoying.

(I know white people that speak in ebonics too, so I'm not saying it's a particular ethnic group that annoys me. I've met plenty who articulate themselves and speak eloquently in all such groups.)
rethinking communication just for the novelty

sooooooo annoying

we have enough problems with people misunderstanding each other

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I like the lights down low....
takes the strain off the eyes and eases the nervous system

then some jerk who thinks he has to see EVERY detail in the room....
flips the switch

Thief

Rogue Theologian
boss men...... who think they know my skill trade better than me

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
credit vouching companies that list you as a .....0......
just because you don't have a credit in use during the past 6mths

does it matter that your life time practice has been to pay ALL debts on time and then in full?

nope