• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What about Quakers?

Onkara

What about Quakers as an option for seekers?
Where does Quakers fit in and what do they really do?

Wannabe Yogi

What about Quakers as an option for seekers?
Where does Quakers fit in and what do they really do?

This is my small piece of knowledge on this subject. There are two types of Quakers the Church type and meeting type.

I have been a Quaker meeting a hand full of times. People sit in a circle for some time in silent meditation. After a 1/2 hour people start talking if they feel lead to do so. They have no leaders and all Decisions of the meeting house are made by 100% consensus. The try to live a simple life and they believe in nonviolence.

seeker69

Onkarah, I've come to view the Quakers and a valid option for me in my quest. Actually, I came to that decision yesterday.

Onkara

Thanks Wannabe for sharing your experience. I have been in a Quakers "Society of Friends" meeting house but have never atteneded.

Seeker69 that is interesting to hear, I would be interested too in any experience you have with the Quakers, if it comes to that. From what I have read online they seem like a good option. I read they don't have priests or leaders, they even seem to be quite open to the way the meeting goes and how individual beliefs might differ.