• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What A Seeker Truely Is

horizon_mj1

I have read several different opinions on what people believe a Seeker is, now it is my turn; first off, as a True Seeker, you are not looking for a group in which to belong; you already belong to Seeking Truth; Second there is no Fact that can be denied; Fact is Reality, a continuum of Existence; Third there is no True Religion, Belief Concept, or Science (nothing) known to Mankind in which contains Absolute Knowledge; Absolute Knowledge is what you Seek to Contain. Well there ya go, what do ya think?:angel2:

Onkara

What do you mean by absolute knowledge?
What if truth doesn't require absolute knowledge, it only requires itself i.e. once you have found truth, everything else falls in place in respect to it.

horizon_mj1

What do you mean by absolute knowledge?
What if truth doesn't require absolute knowledge, it only requires itself i.e. once you have found truth, everything else falls in place in respect to it.
Can you manipulate a Fact/Truth? To me Truth and Fact coexist, which is a fundamental part of Absolute Knowledge. How can Truth not be a part of Absolute Knowledge? As far as "everything else falls n place in respect to it"; if you have Truth without Fact, how do you know it actually is True?:rolleyes: IMO you have it back-wards, everything falls into place in respect of Absolute Knowledge.;)

Otherright

Otherright
Can you manipulate a Fact/Truth? To me Truth and Fact coexist, which is a fundamental part of Absolute Knowledge. How can Truth not be a part of Absolute Knowledge? As far as "everything else falls n place in respect to it"; if you have Truth without Fact, how do you know it actually is True?:rolleyes: IMO you have it back-wards, everything falls into place in respect of Absolute Knowledge.;)

Truth is based on perspective and observation, of course it can be manipulated. If you have observed something to be true, then later observe it again but from a lateralus, you can either update the previously true statement, or reject it completely for a new truth.

What you must realize is that, with your original observation, you thought you were seeing what was true, when in fact you weren't. Truth has now changed.

horizon_mj1

Truth is based on perspective and observation, of course it can be manipulated. If you have observed something to be true, then later observe it again but from a lateralus, you can either update the previously true statement, or reject it completely for a new truth.

What you must realize is that, with your original observation, you thought you were seeing what was true, when in fact you weren't. Truth has now changed.
I see your point and of course you are right; I guess you can say I Seek Facts in Truth (and vice versa).;)

horizon_mj1

Or maybe even, you seek the best observation available.
Yeah, that sounds accurate. I like to gather as much information as possible before making a decision (this can at times be seen as procrastination to some, but honestly it is not, it just takes some thing longer than others depending on the complexity of the scenario). I have observed so many people in my life who jump to conclusions for vapid reasons, that is the type of person I do not want to be.

Onkara

Please can you define what you mean by absolute knowledge? :)

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
I define a seeker as one who keeps running towards the infinity limit of knowledge, assuming there is a finish line.

idea

Question Everything

I think truth is relative and circumstantial - theory of relativity kind of thing - was the car traveling at 90mph? well, that depends on what you were measuring it relative to... because of the relative nature of truth, it appears to change.

idea

Question Everything
I define a seeker as one who keeps running towards the infinity limit of knowledge, assuming there is a finish line.

why does there have to be a finish line? I believe in eternal, never-ending progression... there is no upper bound to how much you can love, how much you an grow, how much art/music/poetry you can create - that's the beauty of it!

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
why does there have to be a finish line? I believe in eternal, never-ending progression... there is no upper bound to how much you can love, how much you an grow, how much art/music/poetry you can create - that's the beauty of it!
Well, the assumption usually maintains the drive. I don't assume all seekers to believe we can know everything, but some do, and that faith sustains their ultimately infinite endeavor.

idea

Question Everything
Well, the assumption usually maintains the drive. I don't assume all seekers to believe we can know everything, but some do, and that faith sustains their ultimately infinite endeavor.

life is a journey, not a destination... enjoy the journey, or become eternally unsatisfied...

horizon_mj1

No you can not "know everything", but you can choose to make yourself a part of Knowledge; how I define Absolute Knowledge is the embodiment of All Knowledge. Idea, I really liked your reply to Gjallarhorn, and agree.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Thank you, you truly understand. I joined this forum today because it seemed legit but the defintion of a seeker botherd me. I am as you call a True seeker... i have many different names for it. Sometimes what i beilive changes sometimes on a whim because im always seeking and trying it out is part of the game.
I have read several different opinions on what people believe a Seeker is, now it is my turn; first off, as a True Seeker, you are not looking for a group in which to belong; you already belong to Seeking Truth; Second there is no Fact that can be denied; Fact is Reality, a continuum of Existence; Third there is no True Religion, Belief Concept, or Science (nothing) known to Mankind in which contains Absolute Knowledge; Absolute Knowledge is what you Seek to Contain. Well there ya go, what do ya think?:angel2:

horizon_mj1

Thank you, you truly understand. I joined this forum today because it seemed legit but the defintion of a seeker botherd me. I am as you call a True seeker... i have many different names for it. Sometimes what i beilive changes sometimes on a whim because im always seeking and trying it out is part of the game.
We seem to have traits in common;) One thing I at times have to remind myself is that with Knowledge, new Knowledge is born, thus creating an eternal game of hide and seek (True Knowledge being the hider, myself being the Seeker).

Iti oj

Premium Member
We seem to have traits in common;) One thing I at times have to remind myself is that with Knowledge, new Knowledge is born, thus creating an eternal game of hide and seek (True Knowledge being the hider, myself being the Seeker).
Never forget the power of the unknown.... always pushing us on.

horizon_mj1

Never forget the power of the unknown.... always pushing us on.
No doubt:yes: The one thing about the "unknown" is how many people fear it, when they are not even aware of its "roots" (good, bad) and instead of confronting it, the run in terror (usually, not everyone;)) If something unknown is embraced, it morphs into something known by the embracer, thus allowing the continuation of Knowledge to be Truly Endless.

chinu

chinu
Yes!
Yes you also made this post, because of this natural habit of seeking. Through this post you are seeking "The views of others about, what a seeker truely is ", But not the "Truth".:(
Leaving all this when you will start seeking "Truth" you will get.

That's why it is being said that everything which happens is will of "God", So... whenever somebody will start seeking "Truth" its also will of "God".

Truely nobody is seeking truth, People seek chattings on truth, but not "Truth"

Its true -- I like your post :)

_/\_
Chinu

Last edited:

Iti oj

Premium Member
No doubt:yes: The one thing about the "unknown" is how many people fear it, when they are not even aware of its "roots" (good, bad) and instead of confronting it, the run in terror (usually, not everyone;)) If something unknown is embraced, it morphs into something known by the embracer, thus allowing the continuation of Knowledge to be Truly Endless.
because the next question, scenario, or idea/concept is always pulling you forward. sometimes in many directions at once.