• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What’s wrong with these people

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
This supposed fact amazes me. Of all the people I know, I am not aware of any who identify themselves to me as Christian but I believe that none of them would admit that lying is perfectly ok. Why would anyone admit that?

To be with anyone who is perfectly ok with lying how do you know what they say is true?

Exactly... I think you just shot yourself in the foot

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The name Christian was first given to the DISCIPLES of Christ. The Bible is where the word came from. It is only mentioned once in connection with his DISCIPLES.

I think @ChristineM might know what a disciple is. Do you?

So, a Christian is a disciple of Jesus Christ. OK? I don't care if people who are not disciples of Jesus Christ call themselves Christian. A person is known whether they are or not by their FRUIT. Lying, stealing and taking advantage of other people is BAD FRUIT.

Jesus left "a perfect model to follow". That is the job of a Christian. If they won't work their jobs I can't believe they are Christians. But, so what if they call themselves that?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Exactly... I think you just shot yourself in the foot
So, what are you saying? That I should not identify myself as a Christian because there are Christians who lie, steal, and take advantage of others? That is silly. Isn't it?

ChristineM

Premium Member
The name Christian was first given to the DISCIPLES of Christ. The Bible is where the word came from. It is only mentioned once in connection with his DISCIPLES.

I think @ChristineM might know what a disciple is. Do you?

So, a Christian is a disciple of Jesus Christ. OK? I don't care if people who are not disciples of Jesus Christ call themselves Christian. A person is known whether they are or not by their FRUIT. Lying, stealing and taking advantage of other people is BAD FRUIT.

Jesus left "a perfect model to follow". That is the job of a Christian. If they won't work their jobs I can't believe they are Christians. But, so what if they call themselves that?

And i dont care that you you think so much of yourself that you deny others their faith

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And i dont care that you you think so much of yourself that you deny others their faith
I don't think that faith and religion are the same, so you're wrong.
I am not denying them their religion. And, I think it is OK that I don't believe someone who will take advantage of others has faith. So? Do you want the last word?

ChristineM

Premium Member
So, what are you saying? That I should not identify myself as a Christian because there are Christians who lie, steal, and take advantage of others? That is silly. Isn't it?

Why are trying to dictate what you want me to say? You can identify yourself as whatever you want. What i object to is that you deny other's identifying as what they want.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I don't think that faith and religion are the same, so you're wrong.
I am not denying them their religion. And, I think it is OK that I don't believe someone who will take advantage of others has faith. So? Do you want the last word?

Your opinion does not dictate who is and who is not christian.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The fruits of the [Christian] spirit are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, mildness and self-control. So, a Christian HAS TO BE pursuing those things. He can't one day believe they are worthwhile and the next day think they are not and still be considered BY ME respectible.

Hahaha, you cry because I rated your post funny. (I took the rating away.) And it seems to me you are trolling worse than anyone I have seen here since I began. I think you are from the forum that chased me away. But, that is neither here nor there. It's just what I think.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why are trying to dictate what you want me to say? You can identify yourself as whatever you want. What i object to is that you deny other's identifying as what they want.
What? I do not remember saying that they should not call themselves Christian when they clearly are not. I just said that in my opinion, they are not. I can't have an opinion, but OMG! you can?

ChristineM

Premium Member
The fruits of the [Christian] spirit are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, mildness and self-control. So, a Christian HAS TO BE pursuing those things. He can't one day believe they are worthwhile and the next day think they are not and still be considered BY ME respectible.

Hahaha, you cry because I rated your post funny. (I took the rating away.) And it seems to me you are trolling worse than anyone I have seen here since I began. I think you are from the forum that chased me away. But, that is neither here nor there. It's just what I think.

Its a nice thought, shame that its wishful thinking.

Nope, just informing you of forum etiquette which you seem sadly lacking.

You asked, i answered, how is that trolling?

Now your paranoia is stepping in, if you have an honest accusation please state it, other wise it's you who is trolling

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
How do his right wing Christian supporters reconcile this story?
IMO, they have "sold their soul" out. I can understand why some may have voted for Trump out of ignorance or emotion, including frustration with the government in general, but anyone who sticks with him at this point is cooperating with the evil that he is repeatedly saying and doing, and...

"To cooperate with evil is evil"-- Gandhi.

Shushersbedamned

Yes. A Christian is someone who puts on Christ. So, a Christian does not steal, lie, or (hopefully) be incurably stupid. Jesus is the pattern of which to form his life.
Puts what on Christ?
That goes into a debate about 'real' Christianity.. and you can start by admitting that Christ was the only 'real' Christian there ever was or ever will be. :(

I actually like the title, but I don't like it that it has been about a few people and has been presented as a question to just such like few people. I'm a bit of a Dante kind of person so... something is 'wrong' with them but so is with everyone else. A horrible terrible world full of horrors and terrors from such people as everyone.:fearscream:

dfnj

Trump Cabinet members under scrutiny for pricey trips and $31,000 dining sets

All these criminals see nothing wrong with stealing money from the people they represent.

I especially found the part of Ben Carson distasteful.

He has more money than most people will ever see, but it appears he chose to use money out of our pockets to decorate his office in the lavishness he is used to.

Can this behavior be called Christian?

How do his right wing Christian supporters reconcile this story?

There's a reason why the word "party" is used by both parties. When either party gets elected its a signal to all their friends time to "party"!!!!!!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Puts what on Christ?
That goes into a debate about 'real' Christianity.. and you can start by admitting that Christ was the only 'real' Christian there ever was or ever will be. :(

I actually like the title, but I don't like it that it has been about a few people and has been presented as a question to just such like few people. I'm a bit of a Dante kind of person so... something is 'wrong' with them but so is with everyone else. :fearscream:
I think that a person who "puts on Christ" is someone who recognizes the superiority of wisdom and of the strength of Jehovah God and submits himself to it. Jesus Christ is my teacher. I don't have another so I can't answer that there was ever more than one. And, I don't care. For me. it is a search for wisdom, truth, and love and so anyone who is dedicated to that search I can consider Christian. And for me, it isn't about the man Jesus. He is an image. I understand what is written about having faith in images. I try not to do that.

A horrible terrible world full of horrors and terrors from such people as everyone.
This is profound and I agree. Every last person on Earth right now is being misled away from Peace because the (considered) best ones are failing Jehovah. In my opinion.

Shushersbedamned

Actually, he was Jewish.
Yes. ..and there's an awful lot of stickers around that say a non Jew is not human. I don't know if I should be embarrssed I'm a Christian or that I'm just not Jewish or that I'm not a real Christian. I went for weekly classes on religion for twelve years and I can't even tell the actual difference between the two. I know differences but I don't see them making any difference so I forget them immediately.

Thermos aquaticus

Ultimately, it's the hypocrisy that is sickening. Trump claimed he was going to drain the swamp, but all he did was raise the walls around the swamp and ask for more sewage. Many of us knew this was going to happen, and sure enough . . . there it is. When you elect PT Barnum you can't complain when the circus shows up.