• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What’s The Coolest Fact About The Universe You Know?

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
I think it's cool that there is a temperature that you cannot go below. Zero kelvin (-459.67 or -273.15°C) is the coldest temperature possible. But heat is infinite, and has no limit.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Hope you're all well!

Here's a site I found while researching "interesting" conversation starters ...

20 Extraordinary And Inspiring Facts About The Universe

I wasn't aware of most of them and I am sure other people could add more - so feel free ...

Enjoy your day!

Imo, the most intriguing fact of our universe is how the numeric and semantic message of "037" that's been embedded in our genetic coding by our Creator gets conveyed to me who computes with a base 10 numeric system.

This is evident to me by how each codon relates to 3 other particular codons having the same particular type of initial nucleobase and sequential nucleobase subsequently then followed by a different ending nucleobase. Half of these 4 set of codon groups ( whole family codons ) each code for the same particular amino acid. The other half of those 4 set of codon groups ( split codons ) don't code for the same amino acid. So then, in the case of whole family codons, there are 37 amino acid peptide chain nucleons for each relevant nucleobase determinant of how a particular amino acid gets coded. Start codons express 0 at the beginning of 37 Hence, the meaningful numeric and semantic message of 037 gets unambiguously and factually conveyed to us present day Earthling human beings with our genetic code invented by a superior intelligence beyond that of anybody presently bound to Earth.

The significance of the semantic message "037" embedded in our genetic coding is well-explained in the following journal articles: .
Biosystems Volume 70, Issue 3, August 2003, Pages 187-209 "Arithmetic inside the universal genetic code" Author: Vladimir I. shCherbak
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar...4703000662

NeuroQuantology | December 2011 | Vol 9 | Issue 4 | Page 702-715 Masic, Natasa Nested Properties of shCherbak’s PQ 037 and (Biological) Coding/Computing Nested Numeric/Geometric/Arithmetic Propertiesof shCherbak’s Prime Quantum 037 as a Base of (Biological) Coding/Computing

https://www.researchgate.net/public...m_037_as_a_Base_of_Biological_CodingComputing

Last edited:

Nimos

Think I would have to go with black holes, that the pull is so strong that it can turn you into a "spaghetti"

And who doesn't like to listen to Neil DeGrass Tyson, should I ever vote for a dictator, my vote would go to him :D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The Guide says....
“Space,” it says, “is big. Really big. You just won’t believe how vastly, hugely,
mindbogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it’s a long way down the road
to the chemist’s, but that’s just peanuts to space.”

Terry Sampson

Enjoy your day!

Coolest Fact?? # 21. That the earth is flat.

gleason's-flat-earth-map.jpg

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
The Guide says....
“Space,” it says, “is big. Really big. You just won’t believe how vastly, hugely,
mindbogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it’s a long way down the road
to the chemist’s, but that’s just peanuts to space.”

I get really depressed when I think about myself only being merely 3 * 10 ^ -82 the size of the observable universal. I'm only 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000003 percent the size of our observable universe.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I get really depressed when I think about myself only being merely 3 * 10 ^ -82 the size of the observable universal. I'm only 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000003 percent the size of our observable universe.
Sounds like you've put on weight.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
That if you had all the positive space(matter) and the negative space (space) together you get zero.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
I think it's cool that there is a temperature that you cannot go below. Zero kelvin (-459.67 or -273.15°C) is the coldest temperature possible. But heat is infinite, and has no limit.

"Absolute hot is a theoretical upper limit to the thermodynamic temperature scale, conceived as an opposite to absolute zero.

Contemporary models of physical cosmology postulate that the highest possible temperature is the Planck temperature, which has the value 1.416785(71)×1032 kelvins. Above about 1032 K, particle energies become so large that gravitational forces between them would become as strong as other fundamental forces according to current theories. There is no existing scientific theory for the behavior of matter at these energies. A quantum theory of gravity would be required. The models of the origin of the universe based on the Big Bang theory assume that the universe passed through this temperature about 10−42 s (one Planck time) after the Big Bang as a result of enormous entropy expansion."

Tyson, Peter (2007). "Absolute Hot: Is there an opposite to absolute zero?". PBS.org. Archived from the original on 6 August 2009. Retrieved 2009-08-11.

Hubert Reeves (1991). The Hour of Our Delight. W. H. Freeman Company. p. 117. ISBN 978-0-7167-2220-5. The point at which our physical theories run into most serious difficulties is that where matter reaches a temperature of approximately 1032 degrees, also known as Planck's temperature. The extreme density of radiation emitted at this temperature creates a disproportionately intense field of gravity. To go even farther back, a quantum theory of gravity would be necessary, but such a theory has yet to be written.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
"Absolute hot is a theoretical upper limit to the thermodynamic temperature scale, conceived as an opposite to absolute zero.

Contemporary models of physical cosmology postulate that the highest possible temperature is the Planck temperature, which has the value 1.416785(71)×1032 kelvins. Above about 1032 K, particle energies become so large that gravitational forces between them would become as strong as other fundamental forces according to current theories. There is no existing scientific theory for the behavior of matter at these energies. A quantum theory of gravity would be required. The models of the origin of the universe based on the Big Bang theory assume that the universe passed through this temperature about 10−42 s (one Planck time) after the Big Bang as a result of enormous entropy expansion."

Tyson, Peter (2007). "Absolute Hot: Is there an opposite to absolute zero?". PBS.org. Archived from the original on 6 August 2009. Retrieved 2009-08-11.

Hubert Reeves (1991). The Hour of Our Delight. W. H. Freeman Company. p. 117. ISBN 978-0-7167-2220-5. The point at which our physical theories run into most serious difficulties is that where matter reaches a temperature of approximately 1032 degrees, also known as Planck's temperature. The extreme density of radiation emitted at this temperature creates a disproportionately intense field of gravity. To go even farther back, a quantum theory of gravity would be necessary, but such a theory has yet to be written.

You're clever, most people wouldn't bat an eye at something simple like temperature as being amazing. Kudos to you for recognizing it!

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Coolest Fact?? # 21. That the earth is flat.

View attachment 29075

I've done a simple experiment proving the Earth's nearly spherical shape and size.

I've calculated the Earth's circumference by observing and measuring the North Star's angle of view from my horizon with a clinometer at 46 degrees latitude and then comparing Polaris' angle of view from my horizon at 43 degrees latitude. Using an odometer, I measured the 200 miles of distance I traveled north to south on I-29 between 46 and 43 degrees latitude.
I then took the 200 miles distance difference and divided it by the 3 degrees latitude difference and calculated 66.666 miles per 1 degree of distance. Then I multiplied 66.666 miles * 360 to calculate the Earth's circumference at 24,000 miles.

Maybe if educators and their students would do fun and interesting scientific projects similar to what I've described above, then they could measure and see for themselves that the Earth is nearly a perfect sphere with a circumference of around 24,000 miles instead of flat.

Bob the Unbeliever

Hope you're all well!

Here's a site I found while researching "interesting" conversation starters ...

20 Extraordinary And Inspiring Facts About The Universe

I wasn't aware of most of them and I am sure other people could add more - so feel free ...

Enjoy your day!

Cool beans! Being a fan of both the original Cosmos, and the Reboot with Dr Tyson, and a watcher of many of his videos?

I was aware of all 20. They are cool observations/speculation.

What's cool to me? Is that water acts like an acid some of the time, a base some of the time, and a salt-dissolving "universal solvent" all of the time.

That means? All elements will dissolve in water, if only in microscopic amounts. So cool.

Which makes it obvious why life evolved in solution.

So. Is life possible using something other than water? Is there sufficiently complex chemistry that operates in non-water, that could duplicate the complexity we observe in DNA-type life?

I know that's a common staple of Science Fiction, chlorine breathers, sulfur based life, silicon life too.

But really-- we are Long Chain Hydrocarbon life. In a watery solution. CHNO The four basic building blocks of DNA life on Earth-- but also with liquid H2O.

And that is the coolest thing of all about the Universe. IMO.