• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Westboro Baptist Church finally has plans I can get behind

Skwim

Veteran Member
wbc-protest-islam.jpg

Westboro Baptist Church, the hate group that masquerades as a religious organization, is known for their publicity stunts, but they may have bit off more than they can chew with this one. After a comedian offered to pay for them to fly to Iraq so they can protest real Christian persecution at the hands of Islamic militants, the group tweeted that they have accepted his offer. They want to take their picket signs and head over to a country currently occupied by a group that beheads Christian children without hesitation – this ought to go well.
source
And at such an opportune time.
teehee.gif

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
wbc-protest-islam.jpg

Westboro Baptist Church, the hate group that masquerades as a religious organization, is known for their publicity stunts, but they may have bit off more than they can chew with this one. After a comedian offered to pay for them to fly to Iraq so they can protest real Christian persecution at the hands of Islamic militants, the group tweeted that they have accepted his offer. They want to take their picket signs and head over to a country currently occupied by a group that beheads Christian children without hesitation – this ought to go well.
source
And at such an opportune time.
teehee.gif

Religious extremism knows no boundaries, regardless of source beliefs. Period.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
These guys and gals show up at funerals of our troops and chant things such as "They deserved to die!".... and now they want to fight ISIS? With our same troops they hate?

I don't even understand how they can get so convoluted, they have no grounding other than hate.

This cult has hurt deeply the emotions of too many. If their numbers were large enough they would be the next ISIS. For those of you who are not Americans, you may not be familiar with this cult. I think they are potentially dangerous.

Last edited:

Phil25

These guys and gals show up at funerals of our troops and chant things such as "They deserved to die!".... and now they want to fight ISIS? With our same troops they hate?

I don't even understand how they can get so convoluted, they have no grounding other than hate.

This cult has hurt deeply the emotions of too many. If their numbers were large enough they would be the next ISIS. For those of you who are not Americans, you may not be familiar with this cult. I think they are potentially dangerous.
I agree

Alceste

Vagabond
Are they gonna make new signs, like for example "God hates kidnappers" and "God hates beheadings", or are they just gonna stick with "God hates ****"? Cuz the latter might be confusing to ISIS - they might assume they've come to join up.

s2a

I'm Australian, I always thought that the southern baptise were the loony's ?.

Trust me, they are. :)

(Not all mind you...just the ones that wish to mandate their beliefs as a matter of civil and criminal law).

Last edited:

von bek

Please tell me that only the adult members of Westboro will be going. If they try to bring their children along, I hope the whole group gets arrested before they even fly out...

s2a

Please tell me that only the adult members of Westboro will be going. If they try to bring their children along, I hope the whole group gets arrested before they even fly out...

On the "bright" side. their "leader" recently passed away.

Many "pundits" here predict that their influence or "notoriety" will soon pass into obscure oblivion. Time will tell.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
The WB act as they do only because they know that they have the protection of the law. I think that they would be utterly gutless in a place where the law was not protecting both them and their right to speak.

That said, if they did decide to go to Iraq, they would be taking their children into danger and should lose custody of them.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Are the really protesting ISIS or just Islam in general? "Muslims Die God Laughs" and "God hates Islam" doesn't seem to be very specific.

s2a

Are the really protesting ISIS or just Islam in general? "Muslims Die God Laughs" and "God hates Islam" doesn't seem to be very specific.

Let's not give credit for perspicacious insight where none is due, ok?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Let's not give credit for perspicacious insight where none is due, ok?
I'm giving them no credit. I just do not believe their intentions are to target ISIS, but rather all of Islam. I also agree they should loose custody of their children if they take them into such a dangerous place.

Kerr

This wont end well for them.

If they go, I hope they dont try and bring their kids. Can the police do anything to prevent that? I dont live in the US so I dont know the law there.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
This wont end well for them.

If they go, I hope they dont try and bring their kids. Can the police do anything to prevent that? I dont live in the US so I dont know the law there.

Sometimes you just need to allow the moth to fly into the "light".

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Somehow I doubt they are quite crazy enough to do that. Although they do have a knack for surprising me dumb.