• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Westboro Baptist Church Coming to Salt Lake City

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
The Westboro Baptist Church is at least going to be spreading the love around when they visit Salt Lake City on January 23. Among their planned protests are:

Congregation Kol Ami
They're going to be reminding the Jews of Salt Lake City that God's wrath is still on them for their role in killing Jesus Christ. For this they are going to Hell.

St. Mark's Cathedral
Here they will be picketing the "Episcopal Dog Kennel" (St. Mark's Episcopal Cathedral) for "masquerading as a church," because they're just as bad as the "evil Catholics."

Salt Lake Temple
They will picket the "whorehouse known as Salt Lake Temple" to remind the Mormons to stop worshiiping Brigham Young and Joseph Smith.

Eccles Theatre - Sundance Film Festival
The purpose for this picket to "to remind this nation that God Hates ****, **** Doom Nations, america is a ***-infested Nation, ergo, america is doomed!"

West High School
This protest is against the "worthless brats who attend West High School in Salt Lake City."

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Gee Kathryn, this is your chance to engage in some interfaith dialogue. Good luck on that.

Rakhel

question-
I have noticed that these people are kind enough to "engage" those of us who are Mormon, Catholic, Jewish and homosexual, But have they ever introduced themselves in front of a mosque?

silvermoon383

Can't wait to see their faces when they realize they're picketing an empty building (temples are closed on Sundays.)

And since when did we start worshiping Joseph and Brigham? Did I miss a memo?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Sounds like a pleasant time for everyone, I'm sure :cover:

Are there any counter-pickets planned?

@silvermoon, LOL. It will be interesting to see how they react when they realize they're outside an empty building with lots of signs. I'd say they would look stupid, but they already do so I don't think they will mind too much. Is there a reason why temples close on Sundays, may I ask?

A

angellous_evangellous

Phelps just needs to eat rancid monkey poo and die.

He's not just a religious hypocrite, he's a lousy excuse for a human being.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Are there any counter-pickets planned?
Typically, LDS officials say to just ignore them, but I don't know what any of the other groups they plan on picketing intend to do in the way of counter-pickets.

Is there a reason why temples close on Sundays, may I ask?
The temple is open only for special ceremonies and not for regular worship services, which are held on Sundays in churches.

Personally, I don't want their efforts to be in vain, so I plan to be there with a Kool-Aid stand set up just for them. :D

ninerbuff

godless wonder
Nothing like mad christians condemning other christians. Where's the brotherly love? And of course those christians out there still got to love Phelps as commanded by your god....:thud:

A

angellous_evangellous

Nothing like mad christians condemning other christians. Where's the brotherly love? And of course those christians out there still got to love Phelps as commanded by your god....:thud:

Ah yes, we are under the commandment to love, and yet forbidden by you to vent some frustration over a monster who calls himself a Christian.

Thanks a lot. Your criticism is informed and welcome. Any other time you want to make fun of Christians will be just as penetrating.

ninerbuff

godless wonder
Ah yes, we are under the commandment to love, and yet forbidden by you to vent some frustration over a monster who calls himself a Christian.

Thanks a lot. Your criticism is informed and welcome. Any other time you want to make fun of Christians will be just as penetrating.
It's just the irony of the religion. Really, how many "loving christians" would bat and eye if someone sniped Phelps?