• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

West Michigan lawmaker: Abortion 'should be painful'

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"Do women who undergo late-term abortions suffer as much as God wants them to? State Sen. Kim LaSata doesn't think so."

[snip]

"Of course it should be hard!" the senator from St. Joseph exclaimed. "And the procedure should be painful! And you should allow God to take over!! And you should deliver that baby!"

Source

Comments?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We often hear women say that men shouldn't oppose abortion because
they cannot become pregnant. (That which doesn't directly affect our
bodies is not our concern.) But this lawmaker is female. Does this mean
that she has the right to take away another woman's right to abortion?
This is one of the problem with identity politics, ie, they see people as
groups, not individuals.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
We often hear women say that men shouldn't oppose abortion because
they cannot become pregnant. (That which doesn't directly affect our
bodies is not our concern.) But this lawmaker is female. Does this mean
that she has the right to take away another woman's right to abortion?
This is one of the problem with identity politics, ie, they see people as
groups, not individuals.
Identity politics recognize that groups of people with some unifying characteristic have similar beliefs.

The problem comes when one focuses only on the group and does not balance it with the knowledge that some people have beliefs that are not part of the group or rather are members of another group.

In this case, that other group is fundamentalist Christian conservatism overriding gender.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Identity politics recognize that groups of people with some unifying characteristic have similar beliefs.

The problem comes when one focuses only on the group and does not balance it with the knowledge that some people have beliefs that are not part of the group or rather are members of another group.

In this case, that other group is fundamentalist Christian conservatism overriding gender.
My gawd, you're being awfully agreeable towards me today!
I could get used to this.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
"Do women who undergo late-term abortions suffer as much as God wants them to? State Sen. Kim LaSata doesn't think so."

[snip]

"Of course it should be hard!" the senator from St. Joseph exclaimed. "And the procedure should be painful! And you should allow God to take over!! And you should deliver that baby!"

Source

Comments?

Why is it that god believers wish pain on people they dont like?

Gandalf

Horn Tooter
Quackery, straight up pure unadulterated quackery. This lady should be strapped to a psychiatric table and be thoroughly examined. The problem with government is the idiocy we vote in, the mob mentality and the youth we allow to vote

ecco

Veteran Member
Quackery, straight up pure unadulterated quackery. This lady should be strapped to a psychiatric table and be thoroughly examined. The problem with government is the idiocy we vote in, the mob mentality and the youth we allow to vote
Maybe the examination should be done by aliens. I understand those probes are very thorough.

On a more serious note, I'd like to see more protesters like these.
1448277433865.jpg