• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Were the Medes the ancient ancestors of the Slavs?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I figured so. It's built into Germanics and Slavs DNA to be against each other -this I know, because one Western poster didn't even want to claim the Slavic countries as European, and the other Germanics scoff at the idea of Slavs gaining any sort of history. They want it all erased forever.

...But it's okay. Slavs hate Germanics just the same. :)
If you're including me in that, you're wrong. I actually like Slavic cultures. Pre-Christian Slavic religion is much the same as Germanic religion.

Mind you, "Germanic" isn't referring to Germany. It's a another sub-group or branch of the Indo-European tree. Germans are but one Germanic ethnic group.

Cooky

Veteran Member
If you're including me in that, you're wrong. I actually like Slavic cultures. Pre-Christian Slavic religion is much the same as Germanic religion.

Mind you, "Germanic" isn't referring to Germany. It's a another sub-group or branch of the Indo-European tree. Germans are but one Germanic ethnic group.

Exactly. Britain is Germanic, so is France and pretty much all of Western Europe. The Slavs are Central and East.

...But I know you're part Germanic. You can't fool me, St. Frank. ;):cool:

Cooky

Veteran Member
So? You are babbling about purity which does not exist.

With DNA tests, purity matters when we're talking about millenia's. How can you logically deny that..?

By now, the samples are mixed by 1800 years!

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Exactly. Britain is Germanic, so is France and pretty much all of Western Europe. The Slavs are Central and East.

...But I know you're part Germanic. You can't fool me, St. Frank. ;):cool:
I'm mixed (black and white), but my European ancestry is all Germanic and Celtic, yes. My mom's maternal line is from Heidelberg, Germany. I have Dutch and Danish ancestry, as well. Probably other rhings, too. My mom raised me to have a lot of pride in my German and Irish ancestry.

Cooky

Veteran Member
I'm mixed (black and white), but my European ancestry is all Germanic and Celtic, yes. My mom's maternal line is from Heidelberg, Germany. I have Dutch and Danish ancestry, as well. Probably other rhings, too. My mom raised me to have a lot of pride in my German and Irish ancestry.

I knew that. I'm telling you I can seriously tell Germanics and Slavs. Swear to God.

Shad

Veteran Member
With DNA tests, purity matters when we're talking about millenia's. How can you logically deny that..?

Purity isn't a factor

By now, the samples are mixed by 1800 years!

Except for the fact that we can still trace lineage. Beside how do you know your are Germanic as you are only 50% as you claim ergo you just undermine your previous claims. Family folk history?

Cooky

Veteran Member
Except for the fact that we can still trace lineage. Beside how do you know your are Germanic as you are only 50% as you claim ergo you just undermine your previous claims. Family folk history?

I have to be..! My mom's side has been here since 1650, when it was New Amsterdam. If I'm English, I'm automatically Germanic.

My mom was born a Miller/Johnston. Miller seems totally Germanic.

According to your graph, Poles are just like Germans and Slovenians are just like French.

...But your graph fails to show us the Medes...

That's because Medes don't exist, it does have Persians on it though which is the closest you're going to get.

I think what most people fail to understand is that the Persians and the Medes were both white people,

Everyone from the Eastern Med is "white people" unless you use some idiotic modern definition.

Germany is central Europe.

Europe is a completely artificial modern political construct.

If the Slavs are fairly new to Europe, then where did they originate?

Europe, in places now full of "Slavs". Cultures change, people don't so new cultural groupings are rarely new ethnic groupings.

People always thought Germanic tribes invaded Britain killing off the natives and becoming Anglo-Saxons, but it was mostly just Britons developing an "Anglo-Saxon" culture.