• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Were the four canonical gospels in the New Testament revealed?

firedragon

Veteran Member
So, the Bible and the NT doesn't have the same authority as the Quran. But they are trustworthy and legitimate? Even though every word is not accurate?

If you drop the Qur'an from that sentence, its the same idea of the Christian missionary. Its a harmonisation attempt no doubt.

Baha'is do trust it as written. It needs some interpreting and some explaining.

No. It needs "Allegory". How in the world do a "woe" become a "prophet"? Thats from revelations.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
It needs some interpreting and some explaining.
Yes the Bible and the NT need some creative interpreting by Baha'is.

No. It needs "Allegory". How in the world do a "woe" become a "prophet"? Thats from revelations.
And yes, I agree with you. Making it allegorical is the main way of changing any Bible verse to anything the Baha'is need it to be. The "Three Woes" are Muhammad, The Bab and Baha'u'llah? But Abdul Baha' had just made Muhammad one of the Two Witnesses and now he's also the first Woe? Very creative interpreting. From "Some Answered Questions"...

“And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and three-score days, clothed in sackcloth.” 1 These two witnesses are Muḥammad the Messenger of God, and ‘Alí, son of Abú Tálib.

“The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.” 22 The first woe is the appearance of the Prophet, Muḥammad, the son of ‘Abdu’lláh—peace be upon Him! The second woe is that of the Báb—to Him be glory and praise! The third woe is the great day of the manifestation of the Lord of Hosts and the radiance of the Beauty of the Promised One. The explanation of this subject, woe, is mentioned in the thirtieth chapter of Ezekiel, where it is said: “The word of the Lord came again unto me, saying, Son of man, prophesy and say, Thus saith the Lord God; Howl ye, Woe worth the day! For the day is near, even the day of the Lord is near.” 23
Therefore, it is certain that the day of woe is the day of the Lord; for in that day woe is for the neglectful, woe is for the sinners, woe is for the ignorant. That is why it is said, “The second woe is past; behold the third woe cometh quickly!” This third woe is the day of the manifestation of Bahá’u’lláh, the day of God; and it is near to the day of the appearance of the Báb.
But actually, the Three Woes came first in Rev 8:13...
13 As I watched, I heard an eagle that was flying in midair call out in a loud voice: “Woe! Woe! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the trumpet blasts about to be sounded by the other three angels!”​
The first Woe ends in Rev 9:12...
12 The first woe is past; two other woes are yet to come.​
So later, in chapter 11 comes the Two Witnesses. But this is during the time of the Second Woe.
3 And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.”
14 The second woe has passed; the third woe is coming soon.​
So Muhammad was the First Woe and his time ended. Then he is one of the two witnesses during the time of the Second Woe? Whatever. At the Baha'is have 1260 days turned into 1260 lunar years going for them. But even with that, every time they use it, it is describing something different that didn't start in 621AD and didn't end in 1844. So again, whatever. They do what they need to do to make it all work.