• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Were not the Hebrews already in Israel in Egypt?

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
@ Calm is mistaken.. Egypt controlled Sinai and Canaan. The Hebrews were just a tribe of landless Canaanites... from the northern coast of Syria.
How is @calm mistaken about a question that's based entirely on the context and content of the Bible?
That's like saying (another fantasy parable) that JK Rowling is mistaken and Harry Potter never defeated Voldemort. But that's what it says in the Harry Potter books, written by JK Rowling! How can you say that that's wrong?
Seriously, calm isn't asking about (supposed) historical truth, he's asking a question entirely about the Bible.

Am I missing something here? o_O Anyone?

sooda

Veteran Member
How is @calm mistaken about a question that's based entirely on the context and content of the Bible?
That's like saying (another fantasy parable) that JK Rowling is mistaken and Harry Potter never defeated Voldemort. But that's what it says in the Harry Potter books, written by JK Rowling! How can you say that that's wrong?
Seriously, calm isn't asking about (supposed) historical truth, he's asking a question entirely about the Bible.

Am I missing something here? o_O Anyone?

The Hebrews created a history and identity for themselves after the Babylonian exile. Sinai and Canaan paid tribute to Pharaoh.

The Canaanite towns were successful.. involved in metallurgy, mining and pottery making. The Apiru were landless renegades.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
The Hebrews created a history and identity for themselves after the Babylonian exile. Sinai and Canaan paid tribute to Pharaoh.

The Canaanite towns were successful.. involved in metallurgy, mining and pottery making. The Apiru were landless renegades.
Okay, I give up. You're not actually answering the question.