• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Were Jesus and Muhammad insane?

sovietchild

I don't know where your going with this, but sex is used as anxiety treatment, and people do have sex many times a day, from my own experience without drugs.

Yes people do it without drugs. But we are talking about insane people here. Right? How can inane anxious person can have sex many times a day?

So considering the preposterous things they said, wouldn't they be considered insane?

Trying to provide a meaningful diagnosis of a medical condition of people who lived millennia ago based on mythological stories about them written and revised over several centuries doesn't sound like a promising venture imo.

I personally don't think neither Jesus nor Muhammad ever existed

That might be considered delusional though.

David T

Premium Member
I don't know what to make of this other than meaningless nonsense.

It's a little funny though.
It's fictional narrative what are you asking is confused exactly like this dude. The question then is, is Ken ham insane? No, he is normal.
5d309a6219e42d1338591c27087121cf.jpg

Last edited:

Cobol

Code Jockey
Trying to provide a meaningful diagnosis of a medical condition of people who lived millennia ago based on mythological stories about them written and revised over several centuries doesn't sound like a promising venture imo.

That might be considered delusional though.

de·lu·sion
dəˈlo͞oZHən/
noun
noun: delusion; plural noun: delusions
an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder.

Cobol

Code Jockey
Okay fine. How can insane person go to war with 100 soldiers and win against 300 soldiers with minimal loss?

So the story claims Muhammad was a warrior.

In trials against war criminals, the defendants often plead not guilty by reason of insanity.

Insane people are military leaders.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I personally don't think neither Jesus nor Muhammad ever existed,......................
OK... so why bother with such thoughts about these names?
QUESTION: Humour me..... do you think that John the Baptist could have lived?

.............. but if they did wouldn't they be considered lunatics or having a delusional disorder, or grandiose delusions .............................
So considering the preposterous things they said, wouldn't they be considered insane?
I don't know anything about Muhammad, but what did Yeshua say that you think is so preposterous? Don't forget that Christians 'fiddled' with the gospels, so the more amazing reports like raising dead folks etc are 'wobbly'!

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
You're just mad because you posted a scientific article that doesn't come to the conclusions you wish it did,.....................................!

True! I don't think that the OP read the first sentence of the review which I posted about.
I'm just going to have a look at the backgrounds of the authors of the others............ this will be fun! :D

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
In trials against war criminals, the defendants often plead not guilty by reason of insanity.

A very wise and sane plea, actually, if the defendant can get away with it.
The Court sitting might just imprison a total nutter, whereas it might execute a sane person.

Do you get it? :D

Please tell us...... are most atheists free from mental illness?
Be careful, now............................ :D

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Yeshua BarYosef, a land-displaced Jewish peasant in the 2nd order (handworkers) attempted to gather a following of working people in attempt to re-establish the old laws which had been discarded by the hellenised, quisling, corrupt priesthood. Sadly he failed.
You can call that daft, but I would call it immensely brave.

de·lu·sion
dəˈlo͞oZHən/
noun
noun: delusion; plural noun: delusions
an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder.

Also used colloquially for 'a very silly or unrealistic belief'

Cobol

Code Jockey
Ha ha!
Wake up Sir! :D
Did you read the very first sentence of the above review?
Here, I'll save you the trouble:-
Religion and spirituality exert a significant role in the lives of many individuals, including people with schizophrenia.

Ahhh.... so that wasn't very accurate, was it?
:D

They suffer from serious psychiatric diseases, its only fitting that religion would play a significant role in their lives.

Cobol

Code Jockey
Please tell us...... are most atheists free from mental illness?

Psychiatric illness can effect a broad spectrum of people, but people who have grandiose delusions are more likely to believe their a god, or claim they communicate with a god.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
They suffer from serious psychiatric diseases, its only fitting that religion would play a significant role in their lives.
You did not address the post. Thev first sentence of the review was:-
Religion and spirituality exert a significant role in the lives of many individuals, including people with schizophrenia.

........... which did not connect the illness directly to religious folks. Just incidental.......