• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Were in the bible does it say the soul is immortal?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The Bible says the soul thar sins shall die. If something can die it is not immortal.
I believe that means that the soul that sins will not attain eternal life, which is a state of the soul that is near to God.
It does not mean that the soul will cease to exist. I believe that all souls continue to exist in the spiritual world after the death of the physical body, but some souls are far from God and some souls are near to God. I don't mean geographically near or far, I mean near or far in the heart and mind.

lostwanderingsoul

I believe that means that the soul that sins will not attain eternal life, which is a state of the soul that is near to God.
It does not mean that the soul will cease to exist. I believe that all souls continue to exist in the spiritual world after the death of the physical body, but some souls are far from God and some souls are near to God. I don't mean geographically near or far, I mean near or far in the heart and mind.
That's great but not Biblical. If someone says a friend died you do not ask where they moved to. Death means no life not life in a different place.