• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Were in the bible does it say god is both all powerful?And invincible?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Jeremiah 32:17 + Isaiah 40:28

Nothing is too hard for God ( all powerful ) + God is everlasting ( invincible )

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
It says in one of the books of Samuel that God didn't know that Saul would be so terrible, so ... :shrug:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It says in one of the books of Samuel that God didn't know that Saul would be so terrible, so ... :shrug:
God uses omnipotence to suspend omniscience so that free will can exist? If so, then God experiences the timeline along with us.

metis

God uses omnipotence to suspend omniscience so that free will can exist? If so, then God experiences the timeline along with us.
Depends on how one "defines" God. Familiar with Spinoza?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
God does not judge, humans do
(God is beyond thoughts, words, deeds)

Hence "God didn't know Saul was terrible"

Brian2

Veteran Member

And that is open to interpretation when it comes to judging God by it.
I try to harmonize it all so that it is all true even if on the surface may not look that way.
In the end you define God the way the Bible does and every bit of the puzzle fits together.

Ijaz Ahmad

Can bible readers tell me about the "biblical god" in this verse;
Exodus 7:1

1. King James Bible
And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

metis

No, not familiar :)
Einstein said he believed in "Spinoza's God": Baruch Spinoza - Wikipedia

BTW, my wife & I visited the Portuguese Synagogue in Amsterdam that Spinoza had belonged to, and that is quite an impressive place with its rich history.

Also, the best book, imo, on him that I read was "A Book Forged In Hell" by Steven Nadler, which is not so much a biography on him but more of his beliefs. No matter what one's beliefs may be, I can pretty much guarantee that he will challenge you.

Brian2

Veteran Member

1. King James Bible
And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

Moses had told God that he did not want to speak to Pharaoh as his speech was not good (maybe he had a stutter of something) and so Moses asked God to use Aaron his brother instead.
God was not happy about it but did use Aaron to speak to Pharaoh but gave the messages to Moses and Aaron got the messages from Moses.
In this way, to Pharaoh it was as if Moses was a god and Aaron was the god Moses' prophet.

muhammad_isa

Wrong interpretation..
Almighty God is aware of every leaf that has fallen and will fall.
He is truly Omniscient, and is NOT as a being in our timeframe.

We have free-will, and as God is the "Owner of time", He is aware of what we will freely choose.

metis

Wrong interpretation..
Almighty God is aware of every leaf that has fallen and will fall.
He is truly Omniscient, and is NOT as a being in our timeframe.

We have free-will, and as God is the "Owner of time", He is aware of what we will freely choose.
I think it's actually quite clear, and also you & I do not share how we perceive God.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

1. King James Bible
Does one mean that in Biblical terms every righteous person is a god, please?
Can one quote other verses from OT Bible to clear it, please? Right?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Moses had told God that he did not want to speak to Pharaoh as his speech was not good (maybe he had a stutter of something) and so Moses asked God to use Aaron his brother instead.
God was not happy about it but did use Aaron to speak to Pharaoh but gave the messages to Moses and Aaron got the messages from Moses.
In this way, to Pharaoh it was as if Moses was a god and Aaron was the god Moses' prophet.
Did (Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah clear it in an unequivocal, straightforward and unambiguous manner please? Right?
If yes then kindly quote from him in this connection, please. Right?

Regards

Brian2

Veteran Member
Did (Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah clear it in an unequivocal, straightforward and unambiguous manner please? Right?
If yes then kindly quote from him in this connection, please. Right?

Regards

I don't remember that those verses are mentioned in the Gospels.
What do you mean by "clear it"?