• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Were God to step down

Spiderman

Veteran Member
So, if God were to step down like the prime minister did before Benito Mussolini after the March on Rome, and give you control of all his house, possessions, graces, and omnipotence, what would you do with it?

What about our world would change? I'm wondering what @RabbiO 's world would be like. What would the Messiah accomplish?

PureX

Veteran Member
After one warning, I would send a significant number of politicians and business people to live with each other on Pluto. Where they would have nothing but their own insatiable egos, and their endless craving for power and control to keep themselves occupied, indefinitely.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
After one warning, I would send a significant number of politicians and business people to live with each other on Pluto. Where they would have nothing but their own insatiable egos, and their endless craving for power and control to keep themselves occupied, indefinitely.
Just torture them?

Not me! I'd heal them and try to help them mature.

PureX

Veteran Member
Just torture them?

Not me! I'd heal them and try to help them mature.
I wouldn't be torturing anyone. They would live as they've chosen to live. "Fixing" them is no different than destroying them. Either way you're erasing who they are, and who they've chosen to remain.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I would get out my deserve-o-meter and send everyone where they need to go. if everyone got what they deserve then we would all be heading in the right direction. Eventually everyone would end up in heaven this way. My meter of course has pos and neutral and neg readouts. So not be everybody would be in a hell of their own doing right?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
So, if God were to step down like the prime minister did before Benito Mussolini after the March on Rome, and give you control of all his house, possessions, graces, and omnipotence, what would you do with it?

I'd go on to let people continue thinking I have a house, possessions, and omnipotence.

As far as grace goes, borrowed grace burns out eventually (learned that on Supernatural), so I see no point in assuming control of that.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Sooo...basically you'd be no better a master of your power than the ones you condemn?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I'd go on to let people continue thinking I have a house, possessions, and omnipotence.

As far as grace goes, borrowed grace burns out eventually (learned that on Supernatural), so I see no point in assuming control of that.
So you are certain that spirit beings do not exist?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

What about our world would change? I'm wondering what @RabbiO 's world would be like. What would the Messiah accomplish?
Oh man did you pick the wrong day to ask that question. :D

For starters, I would make it so that if someone speaks into their cellphone above a certain noise level their heads would explode.

"CaN YOu hEaR mE NOW"???----- BLAMMMM!!!