• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Were do we find Salvation today

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
Hello one and all..
My Question is, Would God ever abandon His Children Leaving them not knowing how they Could be saved. I would like for us to consider God In the Old Testament. When God first created the world He looked and saw what he had made was Very Good..He made everything perfect. Then came the fall of man...During the time of Noah, God Saw the wickedness of Humanity and it had become to great for Him to tolerate..But Did God leave His people stranded? No he did not..Out of all the wickedness that was on the earth, There was a righteous man named Noah, God told Noah that he was Going to destroy the earth and everything that was on it by a flood. He Told Noah to go and build and ark for him and His family, God had placed Noah and his family in a place of safety and a place where they would find salvation and that place was inside the Ark.. Everyone outside the ark was destroyed.

Another story is the story of the passover, The Lord said to Moses and Arron in Land of Egypt...Exodus 12 :12-13 For I will go through the land of Egypt on that night and will strike down all the firstborn in the Land of Egypt, Both man and beast and against all gods of Egypt I will execute judgments- I am the Lord. 13 The Blood shall be a sign for you on the houses where you Live and when I see the blood I will pass over you and no plague will befall you to destroy you when I strike the land of Egypt..

Again God gave them a warning and told them where to do for saftey, Another place of Salvation..Not Forgetting the story of the brass serpent, Again God said to look apon it and those who did were saved..Notice if you will that through these accounts, it is God that warns and provides a way for his people so they can be saved.

Is there a warning from God and a place of salvation Today ?

Through His word, God warns us that those who don't repent will be destroyed But with that warning He has provided us a way of salvation. He tells us in,

Acts 4:12 " And there is SALVATION IN NO-ONE ELSE, for there is no other name under heaven that has been Given among men by which we must be SAVED. That name is JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF..

How do we get into Christ Jesus

Gal 3:27 For All of you who have been BAPTIZED INTO CHRIST have clothed yourselves with CHRIST..

If we haven't been baptized into Christ then we are on the outside of Him where there is no salvation..

How can we be saved ? Acts 2:38 Peter said to them " Repent and be baptized for the forgiveness of sins and you will recieve the Gift of the Holy Spirit".

peace..

Original Freak

I am the ORIGINAL Freak
You didn't ask anything, you didn't start a converstation or nothing...you just preached on and on.

He made everything perfect. Then came the fall of man...
This is being discussed in another thread..perhaps you could add to that.

may

glasgowchick said:
Hello one and all..
My Question is, Would God ever abandon His Children Leaving them not knowing how they Could be saved. I would like for us to consider God In the Old Testament. When God first created the world He looked and saw what he had made was Very Good..He made everything perfect. Then came the fall of man...During the time of Noah, God Saw the wickedness of Humanity and it had become to great for Him to tolerate..But Did God leave His people stranded? No he did not..Out of all the wickedness that was on the earth, There was a righteous man named Noah, God told Noah that he was Going to destroy the earth and everything that was on it by a flood. He Told Noah to go and build and ark for him and His family, God had placed Noah and his family in a place of safety and a place where they would find salvation and that place was inside the Ark.. Everyone outside the ark was destroyed.

Another story is the story of the passover, The Lord said to Moses and Arron in Land of Egypt...Exodus 12 :12-13 For I will go through the land of Egypt on that night and will strike down all the firstborn in the Land of Egypt, Both man and beast and against all gods of Egypt I will execute judgments- I am the Lord. 13 The Blood shall be a sign for you on the houses where you Live and when I see the blood I will pass over you and no plague will befall you to destroy you when I strike the land of Egypt..

Again God gave them a warning and told them where to do for saftey, Another place of Salvation..Not Forgetting the story of the brass serpent, Again God said to look apon it and those who did were saved..Notice if you will that through these accounts, it is God that warns and provides a way for his people so they can be saved.

Is there a warning from God and a place of salvation Today ?

Through His word, God warns us that those who don't repent will be destroyed But with that warning He has provided us a way of salvation. He tells us in,

Acts 4:12 " And there is SALVATION IN NO-ONE ELSE, for there is no other name under heaven that has been Given among men by which we must be SAVED. That name is JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF..

How do we get into Christ Jesus

Gal 3:27 For All of you who have been BAPTIZED INTO CHRIST have clothed yourselves with CHRIST..

If we haven't been baptized into Christ then we are on the outside of Him where there is no salvation..

How can we be saved ? Acts 2:38 Peter said to them " Repent and be baptized for the forgiveness of sins and you will recieve the Gift of the Holy Spirit".

peace..

For the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will not do a thing unless he has revealed his confidential matter to his servants the prophets(Amos 3;7)

Jesus foretold that our day would parallel the days of Noah. God has again determined to destroy the wicked and has set a time for this to happen. (Matthew 24:36-39) He has also set things in motion for the preservation of the righteous. Whereas Noah was to build an ark, God’s servants today are to proclaim Jehovah’s purposes, teach his Word, and make disciples.—Matthew 28:19

Because Noah and his family exercised faith in Jehovah’s promises, they were saved through the floodwaters. Those who exercise similar faith today will be saved through the coming "great tribulation." (Revelation 7:14) We live in times that are truly exciting. Momentous events lie ahead! Soon, God will act to usher in glorious new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness will dwell. (2 Peter 3:13) mind you ,noah could have said oh i will just wait and see if the flood happens but he didnt he did just what Jehovah asked of him

(Hebrews 11:7) By faith Noah, after being given divine warning of things not yet beheld, showed godly fear and constructed an ark for the saving of his household; and through this [faith] he condemned the world, and he became an heir of the righteousness that is according to faith

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
My Point Being, as Christians we don't need to worry, God will provide a way for those who obey and love Him. :D
While I agree, may I ask, just why does this belong in the Biblical debate section?

ThisShouldMakeSense

glasgowchick said:
My Point Being, as Christians we don't need to worry, God will provide a way for those who obey and love Him. :D

what are your thoughts on Matthew 7:22?
***21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' 23And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.'

Just wondering if these people considered themselves Christian...

may

ThisShouldMakeSense said:
***21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' 23And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.'

now thats an interesting thought , so its not just saying i believe in jesus , and praying to the Lord but it is doing the will of him. he even calls them workers of lawlessness and casts them away from him.so as God is going to step in to the affairs of mankind , just as he did in Noahs day ,it looks like its of great importance to do the will of God just like Noah did.
Just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be." (Matthew 24:3, 37)

and he did not hold back from punishing an ancient world, but kept Noah, a preacher of righteousness, safe with seven others when he brought a deluge upon a world of ungodly people(2 peter 2;5)
And Noah proceeded to do according to all that Jehovah had commanded him(Genesis7;5)

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
Mister Emu said:
While I agree, may I ask, just why does this belong in the Biblical debate section?

Hi Sorry mr emu, being new to this forum I wasn't sure were to put it but my intention of posting what I did was meant to be a up lifting story.Please except my apoligy.

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
ThisShouldMakeSense said:

My thoughts,,,,,There are going to be a lot of people in for a shock on Judgement day.. :D Jesus exposed those who sounded religeous but had no personal relationship with Christ On "Judgement" day only our relationship with Christ - our acceptance of him as Savior and our obediance to Him will matter. Many people think that if they are good people and say religeous things they will be rewarded with eternal life, in reality faith in Christ is what will count at Judgment..

Acts 4:12 There is Salvation in NO-ONE ELSE, God has given no OTHER NAME UNDER HEAVEN By which we must be saved..

People often react negitivley to the fact that there is no other name than that of Jesus to call on for Salvation, yet this is not something that the church decided, it is the specific teaching of Jesus himself [ john 14:6 ] If God designated Jesus to be the savior of the world, No-one else could be his equal, Christians are to be opened minded on many issues but not on how we are saved from sin. Our focus has to be on Jesus, whom God provided as the way to have an Eternal relationship with himself. there is no other way or name..

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi Sorry mr emu, being new to this forum I wasn't sure were to put it but my intention of posting what I did was meant to be a up lifting story.Please except my apoligy.
No problem, we are all new(excepting founders :D ) at some time. Would you like me to move it to a more appropriate forum?

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
glasgowchick said:
My thoughts,,,,,There are going to be a lot of people in for a shock on Judgement day.. :D Jesus exposed those who sounded religeous but had no personal relationship with Christ On "Judgement" day only our relationship with Christ - our acceptance of him as Savior and our obediance to Him will matter. Many people think that if they are good people and say religeous things they will be rewarded with eternal life, in reality faith in Christ is what will count at Judgment..

Acts 4:12 There is Salvation in NO-ONE ELSE, God has given no OTHER NAME UNDER HEAVEN By which we must be saved..

People often react negitivley to the fact that there is no other name than that of Jesus to call on for Salvation, yet this is not something that the church decided, it is the specific teaching of Jesus himself [ john 14:6 ] If God designated Jesus to be the savior of the world, No-one else could be his equal, Christians are to be opened minded on many issues but not on how we are saved from sin. Our focus has to be on Jesus, whom God provided as the way to have an Eternal relationship with himself. there is no other way or name..
If I may step in, I believe the focus should not be on Jesus but on the person in the mirror. Jesus said he was the light and the way, and only through him, blah blah blah. But he NEVER said "worship me".

He is the light and the way. You must pay attention to what Jesus said, not what the disciples said. The disciples often missunderstood what Jesus was trying to explain to them. Jesus reminded us that God said 'we are as God's'. Jesus said that by the degree that we judge others, so we will be judged. Jesus says that someday, we will do all the things he did and more. But what many don't realize is that Christ (not Jesus) is WITHIN each of us, not something outside of us. Not many people understand the true meaning of 'walking in Christ'. It does not mean to place him on a pedestal. It means to realize that you are one with Christ, and one with God, and one with your neighbor, and your enemy.

People say thay walk with Christ in there heart, and with the same tongue, talk about how war is a good thing. And bad people should be punished. Jesus said judge not. Jesus said, love your enemies, and turn the other cheek.

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
Mister Emu said:
No problem, we are all new(excepting founders :D ) at some time. Would you like me to move it to a more appropriate forum?

Yes Please, that would be kind of you if you could do that for me Thankyou and sorry one again :D

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
EnhancedSpirit said:
If I may step in, I believe the focus should not be on Jesus but on the person in the mirror. Jesus said he was the light and the way, and only through him, blah blah blah. But he NEVER said "worship me".

He is the light and the way. You must pay attention to what Jesus said, not what the disciples said. The disciples often missunderstood what Jesus was trying to explain to them. Jesus reminded us that God said 'we are as God's'. Jesus said that by the degree that we judge others, so we will be judged. Jesus says that someday, we will do all the things he did and more. But what many don't realize is that Christ (not Jesus) is WITHIN each of us, not something outside of us. Not many people understand the true meaning of 'walking in Christ'. It does not mean to place him on a pedestal. It means to realize that you are one with Christ, and one with God, and one with your neighbor, and your enemy.

People say thay walk with Christ in there heart, and with the same tongue, talk about how war is a good thing. And bad people should be punished. Jesus said judge not. Jesus said, love your enemies, and turn the other cheek.

Hi ES, Thanks for your imput, however I believe that we have to listen to the teachings of the apostles, they never understood all that Jesus said while he was alive but Jesus told them that after he had ascended to the Father he would sent them the Holy Spirit who would lead them into all Truth, The Bible tells us that the Scriptures where inspired and these men didn't write their own thoughts but what the Holy Spirit told them to write.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
*** Mod Post ***
Thread moved per request.
Non-Mod​
Yes Please, that would be kind of you if you could do that for me Thankyou and sorry one again :D
No problem, and no need to apologize. :)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
glasgowchick said:
Hi Jackie;

We're all allowed a couple of mistakes; I mean, if we can't be compassionate on a Religious Forum...:rolleyes:

Thanks for the uplift!:)

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
Ronald said:
glasgowchick,

Any comment on my sig?

Hi Ronald, correct me if Im wrong but are you saying by your sig, that all we have to do is believe and we have eternal life..If so then the question is where does this faith or belief come from and what does one do after they came to believe?

Romans 10:17 says " So faith comes by hearing, that is hearing the Good news about Christ" .

The next step to be taken Jesus calls all to repent.

Luke 13:3b And you will perish too unless you repent of your sins and turn to God.

Acts 17:30 God overlooked peoples ignorance about these things in earlier times but now He commands everyone everywhere to repent and turn from their sins and turn to Him.

Acts 3:19 now repent of your sins and turn to God so that your sins may be wiped away.
2Cor 7:10 For the kind of sorrow God wants us to experiance leads us away from sin and results in salvation. There is no regret for that kind of sorrow. But worldly sorrow Lacks Repentance, results in spiritual death.

So far we have heard believed, repented,,what is our next step?

We confess Christ before men

Matthew 10:32 -33 Everyone who acknowleges me publicly here on earth I will acknowlege before my father in heaven 33 but whoever denies me here on earth I will also deny before my father in Heaven..

How do we do that

Romans 10:9-10 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead you will be saved 10 for it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved.

An example of that can be seen in Acts 8:34-38

The Eunuch answered Phillip and said please tell me of who does the prophet say this, Of himself or of someone else 35 Then phillip opened his mouth and begining from this scripture he preached Jesus to him. 36 As they went along the road they came to some water and the Eunuch said " Look" Water, what prevents me from being baptized 37 And phillip said " IF YOU BELIEVE WITH ALL YOUR HEART YOU MAY.and he answered 2" I believe with all my heart that Jesus is the son of God..38 And he ordered the chariot to stop and they both went down into the water, Phillip as well as the Eunuch and he baptized Him.

So now we have
heard
believed
repented
confessed Jesus
baptized for the remission of sins..

I hope this has helped.

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
michel said:
Hi Jackie;

We're all allowed a couple of mistakes; I mean, if we can't be compassionate on a Religious Forum...:rolleyes:

Thanks for the uplift!:)

Hi Michel, thanks and your welcome :D