• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We're all capital stock

exchemist

Veteran Member
Thanks to the announcement today, we know we're all just capital stock.

And what can you do with capital stock? It's purely about money. So people have no value as people but only as money. And if they have no value such as being retired as I am, then get rid of it.

And you can guess which outlet did not report this.

Trump adviser criticised for calling US workers 'our human capital stock'
I think this is just Leftie hyperventilation, actually. The term Human Capital has been a standard one in economics for years: Human capital - Wikipedia , without any sinister overtones.

My guess is he's just another of the usual, foot-in-mouth, inarticulate hicks that we've had to get used to in this administration, and he's got his words slightly out of sequence.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

And what can you do with capital stock? It's purely about money. So people have no value as people but only as money. And if they have no value such as being retired as I am, then get rid of it.

Trump is wrong again.
But I forgive him because he's pandering.
Politicians must do that.

We're not all "capital stock".
Some are producers.
Others are strictly consumers.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Only to republicans are people cattle and capital stock. I vote Democrat because I'm in the middle class. Which party is whining and crying about reopening the country? Republican establishment capitalists. It's not about the American worker, it's about the corporations who control the republican agenda deciding the capital stock need to be put back into use.

GOP = Greed Over People

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Trump is wrong again.
But I forgive him because he's pandering.
Politicians must do that.

We're not all "capital stock".
Some are producers.
Others are strictly consumers.
It was not Trump but one of his minions who said that as the headline and text notes.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

According to the article, polling indicates two third of Americans had concerns about going back to the workplace at the end of April. If such a decisive majority still holds this late in May, then I think the larger story here might be the Administration's seeming disregard for their concerns. But so much here depends on unanswered questions. e.g. What do Americans today feel about going back to the workplace?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Yes, it's not surprising that the elite tend to dehumanize the lower classes - aka "capital stock," "little people," "great unwashed," "the peasantry," "basket of deplorables," etc. That's how they justify their ill treatment, since they're considered "lesser."