• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Were Adam and Eve

Awoon

Adam and Eve story is poetry. I said it seven times in this forum.

Now when Atheist understand that they might quit worrying about Genesis 1-11, and quit trying to prove and unprove a poetic Sermitic writing.

HUH? You Atheist will understand that, or continue to argue?

Last edited:

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
Of course the story is likely allegorical, but the people who wrote it likely looked middle eastern. So, there ya go.

Photonic

Ad astra!
You didnt answer my question in the previous post. You cut my post like Theist do. Yer both the same to me.

I didn't cut your post, you edited after I had already said what I said to say something different. It's not my fault if you change your post after I respond, and I shouldn't be insulted because of your inability to cognate a full response before posting.

Awoon

Not likely, the people who wrote the stories of Genesis were not from that area. It follows that whoever wrote the story would likely have envisioned people who looked like them.

Get the book "The Syrian Christ" by Abraham M. Rihbany and find out what an Oriental is.

Awoon

I didn't cut your post, you edited after I had already said what I said to say something different. It's not my fault if you change your post after I respond, and I shouldn't be insulted because of your inability to cognate a full response before posting.

Well answer it now instead of trying to spank me.

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
Get the book "The Syrian Christ" by Abraham M. Rihbany and find out what an Oriental is.

Mmm, I am far too broke to afford a book right now, but as far as I am concerned, "Oriental" is just a name for a certain ethnic group of people and isn't really important.

Photonic

Ad astra!
Adam and Eve story is poetry. I said it seven times in this forum.

Now when Atheist understand that they might quit worrying about Genesis 1-11, and quit trying to prove and unprove a poetic Sermitic writing.

HUH? You Atheist will understand that, or continue to argue?

First off, you are capitalizing atheist. It's not a noun.

None of us are worried about anything but those that take it literally and try to force it onto others.

Happy now?

Photonic

Ad astra!
Then Genesis is literial to atheist.

No, it's literal to the people that it's literal too, we know very well it's allegorical at best. But the problem arises when people that DO take it literally try to force it into the public.

Awoon

No, it's literal to the people that it's literal too, we know very well it's allegorical at best. But the problem arises when people that DO take it literally try to force it into the public.

The Mysteries of Creation The Genesis Story.