• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Well, this DIR is pretty dead

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
I'm 75 years old. I've studied Kabbalah since 1972.
I might know a thing or two. Lurianic Kabbalah mostly.

Mark Charles Compton

Pineal Peruser
I've recently stumbled upon Hermeticism through a piece of literature called The Kybalion. I'll provide a link below.
I am very unfamiliar with Kabbalah, though the little I have heard of it makes me wonder if it is similar in teachings. I was amazed by Hermeticism, how something I was so ignorant of held such familiarity. :)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
One of my daily reads is the "Lights of Kabbalah" on Facebook. There's an amazing similarity between Meher Baba's messages and Kabbalah in key areas. Some examples:

"The entire lower world was created in the likeness of the higher world. All that exists in the higher world appears like an image in this lower world; yet all this is but One". The Zohar

"The less gratitude you receive for doing a kind act, the greater the value of the act. True kindness is when we do not receive anything in return for what we do." Rashi - (Rabbi Shlomo Yitzchaki)

"The sounds of silence are more elevated than the sounds of speech." Baal Shem Tov

"What is love? Love is when you accept the desire of another person as more important than your own, and you thrive to fulfill it." Rav Michael Laitman

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
I'm not that familiar with Hermetic Philosophy, but I've downloaded the audio and will give it a listen while
I perform some menial task that doesn't require much concentration. (like no power tools) Despite the similar
sound of the word Kabbalah and Kybalion I doubt there's much in common, but still might be useful.

I really need it dig out my Zohar, it's still buried somewhere in eight or so boxes of books I STILL
have not unpacked since buying this farm. So much work, so little time. No regrets tho, my animals
are now my community and I learn from them all each day.