• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Well Met!

Sclavus

Hello, all. I'm Rob, currently thirty-two, single, living in Colorado, Christian, etcetera, etcetera. Good grief, but for being a writer, I'm horrid at these things. I've filled out my reasons for being here in my profile, but I'll give you the gist: I don't get much social interaction in the "real world," so I'm here to hopefully find people I can connect with for conversations where it's less likely I'll end up eating my foot.

I started from a Southern Baptist background, though I've since arrived at my current position after traveling through Presbyterianism, the Assembly of God, a few years in Calvary Chapel, and a brief stint in agnosticism. Along the way I was diagnosed with mental illness (because being born with spina bifida was too easy?), and so that has colored a lot of my journey. The best title I can come up with for my religion now (with any specificity) is "non-traditional evangelical Christian."

On more pleasant notes, I also found my calling as a writer. I dabble in poetry, but focus most of my attention on my debut story, a science fiction novella I hope to put out later this year. I also have enough talent on the piano to make myself dangerous, and I enjoy gaming, reading, learning, and making incense in my spare time.

Anything else you'd like to know? Just ask.

P.S. My favorite pie is pie. Somehow people always want to know. I don't believe in cake. Cake is a lie.

P.S.S. Yes, I'm a nerd. I'm okay with that.

(Edited to clarify my religious position.)

Last edited:

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Welcome to the forum! Cakes and pies are the Devil's eyes :p

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Welcome Rob, even if you do eat foot here, they will usually sugar coat it for you. By the way pie lover too, but I have a favorite Apple Crumb.

Sclavus

Holy cow. You mean I'm not posting into a void? There's actually people here?! I'm not used to that on a forum! Usually I've got to wait a fortnight, sacrifice a goat, and light the beacons of Gondor to get a response from somebody.

Thank you all for the exceptionally warm welcome.

Apple crumb is delicious.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Holy cow. You mean I'm not posting into a void? There's actually people here?! I'm not used to that on a forum! Usually I've got to wait a fortnight, sacrifice a goat, and light the beacons of Gondor to get a response from somebody.

Thank you all for the exceptionally warm welcome.

Apple crumb is delicious.

You appear to have a very low threshold for what you consider 'people'. But sure, we're here!!!
Welcome to RF, hope you can some fun, learn a few things, and teach some too.
Sidenote : If you could teach @Sunstone to wear pants, we'd all appreciate it.

Sclavus

You appear to have a very low threshold for what you consider 'people'. But sure, we're here!!!
Welcome to RF, hope you can some fun, learn a few things, and teach some too.
Sidenote : If you could teach @Sunstone to wear pants, we'd all appreciate it.

Pants are overrated. I recommend kilts, if anything.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hello, all. I'm Rob, currently thirty-two, single, living in Colorado, Christian, etcetera, etcetera. Good grief, but for being a writer, I'm horrid at these things. I've filled out my reasons for being here in my profile, but I'll give you the gist: I don't get much social interaction in the "real world," so I'm here to hopefully find people I can connect with for conversations where it's less likely I'll end up eating my foot.

I started from a Southern Baptist background, though I've since arrived at my current position after traveling through Presbyterianism, the Assembly of God, a few years in Calvary Chapel, and a brief stint in agnosticism. Along the way I was diagnosed with mental illness (because being born with spina bifida was too easy?), and so that has colored a lot of my journey. The best title I can come up with for my religion now (with any specificity) is "non-traditional evangelical Christian."

On more pleasant notes, I also found my calling as a writer. I dabble in poetry, but focus most of my attention on my debut story, a science fiction novella I hope to put out later this year. I also have enough talent on the piano to make myself dangerous, and I enjoy gaming, reading, learning, and making incense in my spare time.

Anything else you'd like to know? Just ask.

P.S. My favorite pie is pie. Somehow people always want to know. I don't believe in cake. Cake is a lie.

P.S.S. Yes, I'm a nerd. I'm okay with that.

(Edited to clarify my religious position.)
Greetings!

I must disagree about cake.
While many of them are lies, some are genuine.
But all pale in comparison to what I offer you as a welcome gift....
blackberry-pie.jpg

Sclavus

Me, drooling? No, that's, um...pie.

Mm, pie.

The only cakes I've had occasion to eat are birthday cakes. I'm morally opposed to dessert anyone has to blow on 'fore you're allowed to eat it. I make exceptions for (unspittled) coffee cake, because "coffee cake" is simply the mortal name given to the ambrosia provided by ye gods and little fishes.

Jumi

Welcome to RF. It's quite a diverse place, and there's always something to talk about!