• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Well It Seems That Things May Have Just Gotten Worse

Mister Silver

Faith's Nightmare
Wasn't I reading something about how America has a defense system in place that can seek out those missiles headed toward us and wipe them out?

Flame

Beware
Wasn't I reading something about how America has a defense system in place that can seek out those missiles headed toward us and wipe them out?

The THAAD system? Yeah that's pretty much our first line of defense in the pacific against ballistic missiles. There is also the GMD however that's all US land based from what I've found.

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

Magus

It's in the biology of men to advertise there masculinity, in the form of Hugh phallic shaped objects, in USA, they have long pointy guns that project sperm bullets into peoples flesh, to make up for their loss of masculinity due to circumcision, Kim, he is a man in power, he obviously needs to advertise his masculinity with a long pointy missile , don't want his people thinking his penis is small.

Mister Silver

Faith's Nightmare
It's in the biology of men to advertise there masculinity, in the form of Hugh phallic shaped objects, in USA, they have long pointy guns that project sperm bullets into peoples flesh, to make up for their loss of masculinity due to circumcision, Kim, he is a man in power, he obviously needs to advertise his masculinity with a long pointy missile , don't want his people thinking his penis is small.

Thank you for your artistic interpretation.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
It is reported that North Korea has stated that they now have a missile ready thermonuclear bomb (hydrogen bomb). If so this ups the threat level considerably.
North Korea: Kim Jong Un observes missile-ready H-bomb - CNN
North Korea claims to have hydrogen bomb for long-range missile
North Korea says it has missile-ready hydrogen bomb
I'd be very surprised if North Korea still existed as a country a month from now. They have missiles which can (unreliably) reach Japan, and they have a decent H-bomb, and OH YEAH, they have a psychopath for a Supreme Leader. All this is practically begging for the US to dive like a screaming eagle in their faces and belly-flop them like a blue whale hopping off of a diving board into a kiddie pool.

Laika

Premium Member
I'd be very surprised if North Korea still existed as a country a month from now. They have missiles which can (unreliably) reach Japan, and they have a decent H-bomb, and OH YEAH, they have a psychopath for a Supreme Leader. All this is practically begging for the US to dive like a screaming eagle in their faces and belly-flop them like a blue whale hopping off of a diving board into a kiddie pool.

North Korea is being very consistent in pursuing what they believe with give them "self-reliance in defence" in that they will not have to rely on any other country for their own defence (such as China). Its part of their official ideology (set out in Kim Jong Il's "On the Juche Idea", effectively like a North Korean bible if you will). Its pretty disturbing for us because of the way the North Koreans view the role of emotion and propaganda is they want a nation of fanatics who will fight to the death for their cause. Its based on the principle of "if we are crazy enough, no-one will mess with us" and draws conclusions for the success of guerrilla movements in like the Vietnam War beating conventional forces and a technologically superior enemy (i.e. the USA). If you have a nation ready to die in battle, no matter how good your tanks are- you're pretty screwed just because of the sheer numbers against you. Their propaganda should be viewed largely as for internal consumption and not necessarily for our benefit. (e.g. the proposed attack on Guam was probably about showing north koreans that they can defend themselves from a position of "strength" and are closer to the goal of "self-reliance").

Still, We aren't use to that kind of"ethic" wielding nuclear weapons (for obvious reasons). What they lack in technology, they are trying to make up for in hyperbole to keep the people stirred up. They've been preparing for war for over fifty years, such as building munitions factories underground to protect them from bombing raids. The probability is they won't launch a first strike against the US or anywhere else, but its not certain. Kim Jong Un isn't a psychopath as there is "method in the madness"- but what the North Koreans are doing is so alien to our way of thinking that it definitely looks crazy.

The PDF below may help explain "WTF the north koreas are doing" if you are interested. :)
http://www.ckquinones.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/Maison-Franco-Japonaise-Juche-Paper.pdf

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
North Korea is being very consistent in pursuing what they believe with give them "self-reliance in defence" in that they will not have to rely on any other country for their own defence (such as China). Its part of their official ideology (set out in Kim Jong Il's "On the Juche Idea", effectively like a North Korean bible if you will). Its pretty disturbing for us because of the way the North Koreans view the role of emotion and propaganda is they want a nation of fanatics who will fight to the death for their cause. Its based on the principle of "if we are crazy enough, no-one will mess with us" and draws conclusions for the success of guerrilla movements in like the Vietnam War beating conventional forces and a technologically superior enemy (i.e. the USA). If you have a nation ready to die in battle, no matter how good your tanks are- you're pretty screwed just because of the sheer numbers against you. Their propaganda should be viewed largely as for internal consumption and not necessarily for our benefit. (e.g. the proposed attack on Guam was probably about showing north koreans that they can defend themselves from a position of "strength" and are closer to the goal of "self-reliance").

Still, We aren't use to that kind of"ethic" wielding nuclear weapons (for obvious reasons). What they lack in technology, they are trying to make up for in hyperbole to keep the people stirred up. They've been preparing for war for over fifty years, such as building munitions factories underground to protect them from bombing raids. The probability is they won't launch a first strike against the US or anywhere else, but its not certain. Kim Jong Un isn't a psychopath as there is "method in the madness"- but what the North Koreans are doing is so alien to our way of thinking that it definitely looks crazy.

The PDF below may help explain "WTF the north koreas are doing" if you are interested. :)
http://www.ckquinones.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/Maison-Franco-Japonaise-Juche-Paper.pdf
Thanks, I'll give that a read.

I still say that one of our best trump cards against North Korea is to offer a free whole chicken to the family of any North Korean soldier who surrenders without a fight or defects to our side. I'm not kidding. Having a whole chicken for just one family is something the common North Korean can't even comprehend.

Jumi

I still say that one of our best trump cards against North Korea is to offer a free whole chicken to the family of any North Korean soldier who surrenders without a fight or defects to our side. I'm not kidding. Having a whole chicken for just one family is something the common North Korean can't even comprehend.
They have a policy in place that for treason your whole extended family dies in a horrible way. They also teach children to hate the US for "it's crimes in the Korean war" in every class, even not related to history or politics.

Maths Problems From North Korean School Books Are Hilarious

Laika

Premium Member
Thanks, I'll give that a read.

The military get a disproportionate share of the economy, but you are right. basically, the soldiers are starving. Offering a free whole chicken (or even a year's supply of rice) would go down well. Things are sufficiently bad that the government has left the black market alone because they know people have to find someway to manage.

The culture shock is pretty bad though as defectors find out;

“One of the best ways that North Koreans describe life outside the country to me is that it’s like waking up out of a time capsule,” says Sokeel Park, director of research and strategy for Liberty in North Korea, a non-governmental organization that operates a 3,000-mile underground railroad that picks up defectors in northeastern China and smuggles them to safety. “They go to the bathroom and they don’t know how to use it. They go out into society and people are Korean, and so fundamentally look the same and speak the same language, but it’s like a sci-fi future…It’s a huge culture shock and a lot of things to get used to.” The Psychological Trauma of Defecting from North Korea — NOVA Next | PBS

It is reported that North Korea has stated that they now have a missile ready thermonuclear bomb (hydrogen bomb). If so this ups the threat level considerably.

What 'threat level'? It's all about preventing an attack on NK, rather than developing an offensive capability to start a war.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Who cares, NK is nothing to worry about. Mostly because of China. NK can't strike the US due to our defense systems. This could be the MIC wanting to spend my tax dollars on useless equipment.

esmith

Veteran Member
Who cares, NK is nothing to worry about. Mostly because of China. NK can't strike the US due to our defense systems. This could be the MIC wanting to spend my tax dollars on useless equipment.
I do believe that you are deluding yourself.
In addition you are making two opposing arguments.
1. The US has defense systems that can destroy missiles
opposed by
2. Military Industrial Complex (at least that is what I assume you mean by MIC) wants to spend money on useless equipment

If #2 is correct then how can #1 be correct? Engage brain prior to engaging fingers.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Freud has been credited with saying, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar".