• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Well.. If you put it that way...

FlyingTeaPot

Irrational Rationalist. Educated Fool.
6fs6A.png

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
And soon there will be swarms of people saying that anyone who supports this thinks having children is equivalent to drowning...

lunakilo

Very funny :)

But what I find really scary is that people with views like the ones you are hinting at are actually real life politicians in the US.
We have plenty of stupid politicians here as well, but you guys have the prize winners for sure.

Can someone explain to me how people like that get any votes?!

FlyingTeaPot

Very funny :)

But what I find really scary is that people with views like the ones you are hinting at are actually real life politicians in the US.
We have plenty of stupid politicians here as well, but you guys have the prize winners for sure.

Can someone explain to me how people like that get any votes?!

We shall find out in November if this particular politician gets votes enough to be elected.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/20/u...rovokes-ire-with-legitimate-rape-comment.html

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
Some other people are duped into agreeing with them. Obama is a classic example.

First, how are people "duped" into agreeing with politician that makes a statement such as the one being parodied in your OP, or who hold those beliefs ?
And second, what does Obama have to do with it?

FlyingTeaPot

First, how are people "duped" into agreeing with politician that makes a statement such as the one being parodied in your OP, or who hold those beliefs ?
And second, what does Obama have to do with it?

First, look into the term politics of fear. PATRIOT Act took away constitutional rights to privacy based on a single terrorist action. The public option was taken away because of so called death panels. I could give you numerous other examples, but I am too lazy :)

Secondly, Obama duped the American people into voting for him by promising sweeping changes in the fundamental way Washington works, yet here we are with the same old crony capitalism and revolving door politics. He said he will shut down Guantanamo bay. He said he will end Bush tax cuts. Increase minimum wage to $9.50. None of these important promises to his base were kept.
“Understand this,” Obama said during a campaign rally in 2007. “If American workers are being denied their right to organize and collectively bargain when I’m in the White House, I will put on a comfortable pair of shoes myself, I’ll will walk on that picket line with you as President of the United States of America.”
Raw Story (http://s.tt/1d7QE)
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/rulings/promise-broken/

Last edited:

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
What on earth does that have to do with either your OP or my comment to lunakilo?

FlyingTeaPot

What on earth does that have to do with either your OP or my comment to lunakilo?

Lol, this is strange. I replied to your questions and you seem to be stumped as to why I replied.

Anyway, what you said to Lunakilo was "Same way every other candidate gets votes: some people agree with them."
I was just pointing out that that is not the only reason people vote for a particular candidate. Sometimes they are duped into voting for the candidate by misleading ads and campaign promises against their own interests.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
Lol, this is strange. I replied to your questions and you seem to be stumped as to why I replied.

Anyway, what you said to Lunakilo was "Same way every other candidate gets votes: some people agree with them."
I was just pointing out that that is not the only reason people vote for a particular candidate. Sometimes they are duped into voting for the candidate by misleading ads and campaign promises against their own interests.

Actually, you seemed to miss the questions by a long shot. I asked how your statements applied to your opening post.

But, hey, I love a good rant as much as the next guy. So, if you want to make disjointed associations to open the way, have at it.

FlyingTeaPot

Actually, you seemed to miss the questions by a long shot. I asked how your statements applied to your opening post.

But, hey, I love a good rant as much as the next guy. So, if you want to make disjointed associations to open the way, have at it.

Ah? You actually asked how my statements applied to my OP or your comment to Lunakilo. It is so tempting to leave the inconvenient bits out, isn't it?

By the way, this thread is derailing sooner than I expencted :facepalm:

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
Ah? You actually asked how my statements applied to my OP or your comment to Lunakilo. It is so tempting to leave the inconvenient bits out, isn't it?

Yes, the second set was. Not the ones you were responding to.

"First, how are people "duped" into agreeing with politician that makes a statement such as the one being parodied in your OP, or who hold those beliefs ?
And second, what does Obama have to do with it?"

By the way, this thread is derailing sooner than I expencted :facepalm:
It's gone where you steered it.

Last edited:

tytlyf

Not Religious
Obama duped the American people into voting for him by promising sweeping changes in the fundamental way Washington works, yet here we are with the same old crony capitalism and revolving door politics. He said he will shut down Guantanamo bay. He said he will end Bush tax cuts. Increase minimum wage to $9.50. None of these important promises to his base were kept.

Would you have preferred the President to not compromise on issues? I would.

When you voted in the GOTP congress in 2010, you were supposed to vote for people that can improve congress. Yet you did the opposite. Who knows why, probably based on fear and wanting to "fit in."

Now you're left with an embarrassment that will be defined in history. Clowns don't deserve to hold office.

So we get back to the GOP congress and their party ways of "NO." Congress doesn't want the President to look good. Hence the "NO" scenario. Additionally, most of these TeaParty members get their 'hints' on what to do from Rushy. Disgusting.

Expect Democrats to remove the failed TeaFrenzy voting block in 2010, and replace it with a more sensible crowd.