• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Well, I Finally Got It! What Did You Get?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have a David Pond lathe (later 1870s), & have been searching for a
Lucius Pond lathe to keep it company. It's a bit like collecting coins
or stamps....sets of things are interesting. Lucius started his company
in the 1860s, but by the 1870s, his son took over while daddy was in
prison for financial impropriety. My new acquisition is the earlier style
from the 1860s. It cost me only $900.
A friend alerted to me to the ebay listing, which was localish (Kalamazoo
is only a couple hours away). Often these dang things are in eastern PA
or in NH...ugh! I'll get it Thursday. The roads will be precipitation free.

Oh, I know you're going to ask about something important....
Yes, it even has the countershaft, so it's very complete.
Neither does it look molested. I'm hoping for original paint.

What will I do with it? Nothing....just store it until I can find
a museum to donate both lathes to for exhibition.

What arcane necessity or bauble have you gotten?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I have some unused Hitler stamps. For some bizarre reason my mom gave me them. I just came across them in a pocket in an old diary today.

Last edited:

dianaiad

OK, Here: Butch Cassidy Bank Robbery History in Montpelier Idaho

The Great Montpelier Bank Robbery, by Butch Cassidy. It is famous, I tell you, FAMOUS all throughout Bear Lake County, In Idaho.

Now. At the time of the robbery my great grandfather was helping his cousin move his newly delivered 'secretary desk" into his office, which was right next to the bank. During the robbery there were some bullets being dispersed....and one of 'em went through the desk cover of that BRAND NEW SECRETARY DESK. Needless to say, my Great grandfather's cousin was NOT pleased, and was determined to give his sister's son a good talking to about it...but y'know, he never did see Butch Cassidy again to do that. It really doesn't work to chase a bank robber on a bicycle if said bank robber is on a horse.

At any rate, the secretary desk was repaired and was used in his assay office for many years, until he went out of business and gave it to my grandfather. It now sits in my living room, and I can show you the bullet hole.

Beat that one, someone.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I recently found what appears to be part of a handle of a pottery jug. It's probably not super ancient, more likely belonging to one of the Arab villages that used to be in our area.

Also, I have a piece of shrapnel from one of the rockets launched during Operation Protective Edge... :D