• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Welcome To The New Religious Forums

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
Hi everyone,

Its been a process and it is not done yet but we are at a place now where we can open up the forums so at least you can start posting again.

Please remember things are going to need to be fixed. With a site this large there are bound to be things that were missed, things that were broken etc etc.

If something is not right with your account, something on the forum is missing or you find something broke, please have patience, report it to us in this thread and we will do our best to fix this for you as soon as possible.

With that said, here are known issues that you do not need to report to us:

1) Frubals are currently not available but they are coming back. All your frubals are safe and sound and will be imported into your account asap.
2) What are all these likes? Our new software imported your old reputation into likes, which is what our new forum software uses. So on top of being able to give Frubal to someone, you can now simply like their post as well.
3) What is with the style? We are currently using the default style. In the next day or two we will have a custom style that will go live that will look much like the old one, but better :)

Please play around with the forum software and let us know what you find. Please hold any judgement until you get used to it. Change is hard but we will work with everyone to try our best to make it work for you in the end.

Enjoy and have fun!

It's looking good, Brent! :thumbsup:

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
I'm sorry if this question has been asked before but I haven't run across the answer yet.

I'm loving the new site but the profile messages being out in the open for all to see (even when logged off) is a big concern. Will that remain the same when all is said and done? I have my profile set to private but when we leave messages on member's profile pages that are not set to private, the message is visible to the world. I'm afraid I'll have to go exclusively to private conversations to communicate if that's the case. I don't want my business customers to run across some of those comments. :D
I recommend going to your Privacy settings and changing "Receive your news feed" to either members only or people who follow you. That way people who aren't logged in won't see the profile posts in the news feed.

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
Just wanted to mention this. After the upgrade I tried to reach the site by clicking on the old icon my browser had. It came up with an error message. I had to google Religious Forums to log into the new site. I just wonder if some others might not know what's going on and think the site is just gone.
That happens because our url is different now. It used to be religiousforums.com/forum, now it's just religiousfoums.com.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
I recommend going to your Privacy settings and changing "Receive your news feed" to either members only or people who follow you. That way people who aren't logged in won't see the profile posts in the news feed.

But they will still be able to see them as long as the member's profile is visible to all visitors.

For example; even if all of my settings are on, say, extremely privatish, and if I were to post a message saying howdy on a friend's profile that I follow, and if that friend's profile page was visible to all visitors, then those howdy messages would still be visible to all visitors, including those viewing the page offline instead of being logged-in.

My privacy settings are extremely restrictive. Yet, my mini-convo with Comrade Sees is totally visible. That means that Kim Jong-un can see my posts on Comrade Sees' profile page when offline instead of being logged-in---not cool, yo! :D

Buttercup

Veteran Member
But they will still be able to see them as long as the member's profile is visible to all visitors.

For example; even if all of my settings are on, say, extremely privatish, and if I were to post a message saying howdy on a friend's profile that I follow, and if that friend's profile page was visible to all visitors, then those howdy messages would still be visible to all visitors, including those viewing the page offline instead of being logged-in.

My privacy settings are extremely restrictive. Yet, my mini-convo with Comrade Sees is totally visible. That means that Kim Jong-un can see my posts on Comrade Sees' profile page when offline instead of being logged-in---not cool, yo! :D
Exactly. I'm not going to be leaving many, if any, messages on personal profiles anymore. There's too much emphasis on them being promoted (several tabs) and shared around the forum in general and with the public. The bummer is that with it set to private, you can't check ANYTHING about a member, not even the last time they were here.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Up high on the main page next to 'New Posts' I have the number 33,090 in white on a red background. Is there a way for me to reset that?

Warning: This may be one of the special computer bugs I attract. Tread carefully lest it multiply.

To the very left on that line is Mark Forums Read. Is that it?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Is it me, or does + Quote not work? I've tried to multi-quote but it only picks up the last quote.

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
Is it me, or does + Quote not work? I've tried to multi-quote but it only picks up the last quote.
There's a separate button saying "Insert Quotes" when you've added quotes to the list. By clicking it it opens you a window where you can select which ones to add.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
There's a separate button saying "Insert Quotes" when you've added quotes to the list. By clicking it it opens you a window where you can select which ones to add.

I saw that, I thought it was the old
BB Code. I'll have to try it. Brb...

I just tried it. By Jove! you're right!

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I'm getting a browser message today about allowing secure content. It happens on each page. I have IE browser.

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
Is there a way to see who is on line presently?
Hover the Members link in the mainmenu. I had to put the mouse right above the tiny arrow, but you should get a menu popping up. Click Current Visitors to see the list.

Or you can just click the Members link and select the Current Visitors tab. There's also a list of online users on the forum front page.

Attachments

• members-menu.JPG
    members-menu.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 37

Jensen

Why is it that if I click on a message I get the thread, but get nothing if I click on the topic Heading