• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Welcome to the "Journalling Project"! (Week of 1/21/07)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Namaste, my friends! Here's something that's been in the works for a few months! (Mostly because I'm a procrastinating so-and-so!)

One of the features of the forums that not everyone is aware of is our 'journalling' feature. Pretty much, each user has the ability to create a journal (either private or public) and to use it as they see fit! (Generally abiding by RF rules, naturally.) I thought that a good way to get the journal system going again would be to create a weekly theme or 'meme' that we journallers could write on! That way, we can discuss our writings in either this subforum or in the journals themselves! Each week, a new one will appear, and members are welcomed (and encouraged!) to come up with weekly thoughts!

I'm still trying to think of the best award we could give journalists and reviewers. Let's plan on frubals and coins at the start, and then we can see if we can come up with anything more inventive from there!

To start us off, let's have two options to choose from!
  • Write about your place of worship, or your favorite place to spend time. Don't have one? Come up with a description for us! Draw a picture and post it!
  • What is your favorite animal? Why do you like it? Is it like you in any way? If you have photos, post them in the journal. (This one's pretty standard, but I thought it might make a good second option!)
When you've completed a journal entry that you're happy with for this week (or even if you're unhappy with it!), post a link to it in this thread so that we'll all be able to check it out and celebrate your creative talent!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I just want to go on record as stating that this whole project strikes me as subversive of the Forum. I'm not at all surprised Feathers came up with it.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Sunstone said:
I just want to go on record as stating that this whole project strikes me as subversive of the Forum. I'm not at all surprised Feathers came up with it.

*cheers happily and does a 'Zoidberg-type getaway', like her hero on "Futurama"* Whoop, whoop, whoop, whoop!

Updated my own!

Hope

Princesinha
This may be a dumb question, but how does one post pics in the journals? I still haven't figured this out.

It's a great idea, Feathers!

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Thanks, guys, for taking part in this!

Hope, I remember that yours was one of the first journals up! The ability to post and create links and whatnot is relatively new. You would go about posting a 'new entry', as usual. From there, the screen looks a lot like the RF posting area. (You go to the tiny picture above the posting window and below the title bar. It should look like a tiny postcard of a mountain. When you hover your cursor over it, it should say 'Insert Image', and when you click on it, a little box comes up asking for the web address of the image you'd like to post. Please let me know if you have trouble from there! I know it can be tricky!)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
*dances happily over the new journal entries* Whohooo! This is feeding my devious plan wonderfully! Er.... I mean. *tries to hide*

Laura, for some reason I get a permission error when I try to visit the link. *sniffles* I really wanted to read it, too!

lizskid

BANNED
Try now....I can see others have been able to see it...weird. I had one entry that was private and deleted it, I hope that will fix your lockout. Let me know.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The Fearsome Feathers said:
This is feeding my devious plan wonderfully! Er....

Caught! Busted! I just knew it! I knew you were recruiting a legion of Gnarden Gnome Gnappers! Now I have proof!

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
It worked perfectly, Arabis! I look forward to reading it! Yours, too, Dragon! Laura, I still can't get the link to work. *kicks computer* I wanna see it so I can comment!