• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Welcome Compuserve Friends . . .

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Wow, I didn't even realize that CompuSmurf was still around. They used to be such a big player. I don't even think I've heard them mentioned in 10 years.

John D. Brey

Wow, I didn't even realize that CompuSmurf was still around. They used to be such a big player. I don't even think I've heard them mentioned in 10 years.

. . . Some of the participants have been there for decades; and now Compuserve is abandoning them. They would be a real shot in the arm here if we can persuade them to come to our planet as theirs implodes in on itself.

http://forums.compuserve.com/discussions/The_Religion_Forum/_/_/ws-religion/179126.1

It would be nice if anyone who has participated there could stop in, give them your condolences, and invite them here as their new home. . . They are, all of them, a wonderful group of people. I can vouch for that.

John

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
. . . Some of the participants have been there for decades; and now Compuserve is abandoning them. They would be a real shot in the arm here if we can persuade them to come to our planet as theirs implodes in on itself.

John
Unofficially, on behalf of RF, we will treat them well. :)

John D. Brey

Unofficially, on behalf of RF, we will treat them well. :)

. . . It would be nice if you, or anyone else, would follow the link in this thread and welcome them. I would myself. But I have a colored relationship with one or more of the systems operators there.

John

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Wow, I feel like I've just seen a dinosaur. I was on Compuserve back in the digital dark ages. I thought that they were as extinct as my first home computer and its S100 bus

IMSAI_8080_1_32K.jpg

Jedster

Wow, I feel like I've just seen a dinosaur. I was on Compuserve back in the digital dark ages. I thought that they were as extinct as my first home computer and its S100 bus

IMSAI_8080_1_32K.jpg

Me too. When I first came onto the internet in 1995, I was member there. It was a great forum with open discussion.
It was really expensive and had to pay by the minute.

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Better warn them beforehand that RF isn't optimized for Netscape Navigator. ;)

But seriously though we would be delighted to have them.

Last edited:

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
Compuserve? Well there's a blast from the past. If I close my eyes I can almost hear that dial-up tone screaming at me again.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Compuserve used to be big around, perhaps, 1985-1995.

Welcome to all the people who come from those forums.

John D. Brey

Better warn them beforehand that RF isn't optimized for Netscape Navigator. ;)

But seriously though we would be delighted to have them.

. . . There's a link in this thread. I hope someone will follow it and welcome the Compuserve members here. I can't, because of conflict with system operators. Just go to the link and tell them, "Come with me if you wunt tu live."

John

Laika

Premium Member
. . . It would be nice if you, or anyone else, would follow the link in this thread and welcome them. I would myself. But I have a colored relationship with one or more of the systems operators there.

John

I would, but I don't have an account and after repeatedly trying to sign up, it won't accept my zip code because its a UK postcode. stupid thing. I would have done otherwise. :mad:

But yeah, everyone is welcome here. It would be nice to have some new people to liven this place up and make it more diverse. debates are more interesting that way.

Maybe you could post a link to this thread there and let them know this is a generally nice place? I don't know if that's an issue but it would help. We are the biggest online forum for religion so it is a logical choice to come here if they want to stay together.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
That is nice. However, there is no post visible so far. Maybe there is a moderator approval to be had?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!

We have a special welcome treat for Compuserve types.
An old school cake!
(Which I stole just for you.)
846f572af1db6fb5d38ba5abdc0a51f4.jpg

Laika

Premium Member
That is nice. However, there is no post visible so far. Maybe there is a moderator approval to be had?

It was deleted within 10 minutes of me posting it (probably as Spam) and I've been shut out of the forum. I sent a PM to the head of the forum to ask if there is an alternative, but I'm not expecting anything.

That's admittedly disappointing but nothing I can do about it. :(