• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weirdest films, music, etc.?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Just watched this (on UK TV last night), from 1969, and one I seemed to have missed at the time - not surprisingly. Not sure what to make of it - perhaps given it might rely on so many previous cultural references. Lots of great actors (and scenery that is so relevant and poignant now) but somehow I get the feeling that its message could be summed up in just a few sentences. So, one of the weirdest films I've ever seen. Perhaps viewing it more might enlighten me. As commented in the clip, the film is as 'if you were to drop Monty Python into the world of Mad Max'. :oops:

How about you - as to really weird stuff?

Last edited:

PureX

Veteran Member
Given the year it was made, I expect a fascination with drug induced nonsense had a part to play in it.

As an artist I don't much appreciate weird just for that sake of weird, or novelty just for that sake of novelty, so I tend to avoid that sort of thing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
latest

A typical scene....

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Just watched this (on UK TV last night), from 1969, and one I seemed to have missed at the time - not surprisingly. Not sure what to make of it - perhaps given it might rely on so many previous cultural references. Lots of great actors (and scenery that is so relevant and poignant now) but somehow I get the feeling that its message could be summed up in just a few sentences. So, one of the weirdest films I've ever seen. Perhaps viewing it more might enlighten me. As commented in the clip, the film is as 'if you were to drop Monty Python into the world of Mad Max'. :oops:

How about you - as to really weird stuff?

Peter Cook and Dudley Moore with Spike Milligan it's bound to be a bit wierd.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Given the year it was made, I expect a fascination with drug induced nonsense had a part to play in it.

As an artist I don't much appreciate weird just for that sake of weird, or novelty just for that sake of novelty, so I tend to avoid that sort of thing.
I doubt drugs were involved. Spike Milligan being involved is enough to make it weird, but this is beyond much else. :oops: