• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weird dream about Jesus and Christianity

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
SPOILER: Possibly offensive to Christians

I just had a very weird dream. It was about God the Father offering me to live with his son in the form of my childhood favorite actor, on the condition that I would only be "loving" towards him and not turn to "sin". But of course I started to reproach Jesus, more and more, until he first "warned" me and in the end threatened me. But I told him that although he could kill me, I was not afraid of him.

For some reason, my story was live-streamed to some strongly Bible-minded Christians who continuously checked their Bibles to argue, "Well, what can we say to counter in this situation?" to each of my accusations. But in the end I referred them to the Star Trek TOS episode "Who mourns for Adonis", and there I saw that they had given up arguing, and some of them had thrown their Bibles in the trash.

My mother was also there and commented on the "movie". She said that at the beginning of the story I would like to be "just loved", but it was a movie that starts out as a cheesy love story but soon loses the romance character to end up as a pretext for wrestling / refuting arguments critical of Christianity.

The dream has felt exceptionally "real", so I feel as if I had moved heavy loads. Anyway, this is one of those 3 a. m. posts, so you probably shouldn’t take it all too serious. However, I was very, very much surprised about myself “rejecting” what one might consider “perfect love”. :)

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

I just had a very weird dream. It was about God the Father offering me to live with his son in the form of my childhood favorite actor, on the condition that I would only be "loving" towards him and not turn to "sin". But of course I started to reproach Jesus, more and more, until he first "warned" me and in the end threatened me. But I told him that although he could kill me, I was not afraid of him.

For some reason, my story was live-streamed to some strongly Bible-minded Christians who continuously checked their Bibles to argue, "Well, what can we say to counter in this situation?" to each of my accusations. But in the end I referred them to the Star Trek TOS episode "Who mourns for Adonis", and there I saw that they had given up arguing, and some of them had thrown their Bibles in the trash.

My mother was also there and commented on the "movie". She said that at the beginning of the story I would like to be "just loved", but it was a movie that starts out as a cheesy love story but soon loses the romance character to end up as a pretext for wrestling / refuting arguments critical of Christianity.

The dream has felt exceptionally "real", so I feel as if I had moved heavy loads. Anyway, this is one of those 3 a. m. posts, so you probably shouldn’t take it all too serious. However, I was very, very much surprised about myself “rejecting” what one might consider “perfect love”. :)
what was the threat?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
It wasn't an explicit threat. More like, "You better not do this."
Certainly the application of Star Trek is unknown to me since I don't know the movie. (I'm from the first generation of Star Trek).

I guess I could put a spiritual application to the dream...

Probably the biggest question is what you said at the end, "“rejecting” what one might consider “perfect love”." - Jesus isn't out to "kill" you and perhaps it wasn't even a moment of "threatening" but rather "this will be the end result"?

Why the throwing of the Bible into the garbage? Perhaps, Christian who gave up on trying to reach you?

Maybe the invitation is "don't throw away the Bible" - pick it up and read?

Ultimately, I am no dream interpreter, so just can offer "maybes".

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

In my view, it's subconscious cleansing that the spiritual mind does on its own, without you being consciously aware.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

My diagnosis: too much time on RF. :p:D