• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weight lifted

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
In the past I have read a lot from Zen, but of late I have been listening to and reading a lot of things from Tibetan Buddhism and I liked what I was hearing and reading and agreeing with much of it, but there was a book I wanted to read that was about a very interesting topic to me and closer to the religion that I was raised in so I got a book called "Misquoting Jesus".

I never thought the Bible today was the same as what was written and I knew it had been changed over the centuries, but I did not realize to the degree it had been changed. After finishing the book I was left with a feeling of carrying a heavy weight for some reason.

I had never read much from Thich Nhat Han but I found myself watching several videos of Thich Nhat Han on Youtube, but after I watching this video

As soon as I looked outside, for some reason, it felt like a weight had been lifted. Certainly not enlightenment, but things just felt lighter, easier and brighter

Now I find I am looking more at Buddhism.