• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wearing the Cross

Toxikmynd

Demir
As you know I am a European pagan, and if anyone isn't certain, the cross is really a pagan symbol (I mean Christianity is really...)
I am a proud pagan but I also wear a cross with Jesus on it. Why? Because it was a gift from my great Grandma and truthfully I like what Christ said.
What's other people's opinions on this?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Aside from thinking that the symbol of Jesus on the cross is a bizarre and unsavory choice of iconography in general? It makes no difference to me. I'm also not one of those Neopagans with a massive chip on their shoulder who will shun anything that isn't certified trademark Pagan.

Toxikmynd

Demir
Being assumed a Christian is a safe thing in my town. Everyone is and if you aren't you're considered stupid and a possible terrorist. Hahaha.

I think it is a weird and bizarre symbol as well but a present is a present, and she's probably in Hel now. Haha.

Toxikmynd

Demir
Neopagan anti Christians are thick as thieves on the pagan fb pages and European pride pages. It's either they're extremely pro-Pagan Europe or extremely pro-Christian Europe.
Then there's people like me (a minority) that don't really care which you are because Europe is still Europe regardless of the religion.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Being assumed a Christian is a safe thing in my town. Everyone is and if you aren't you're considered stupid and a possible terrorist. Hahaha.

Then it's probably the socially safest thing to do. While the Pagan Cross isn't the t shape, but is more of a + shape (to my knowledge at least), polytheism is inherently pluralist. When I see Chinese, Korean, and Japanese folk religions adapt the Buddha into their pantheons without compromising what they believed before, I am just saddened that Christ was not able to take a similar place among the pre-Christian traditions of Europe.

Neopagan anti Christians are thick as thieves on the pagan fb pages and European pride pages. It's either they're extremely pro-Pagan Europe or extremely pro-Christian Europe.

It's a sentiment that I sympathize with, much to my sadness. I'm trying to resist as best as I can becoming anti-Christian, since if there was any battle to be fought, it was fought 1000 years ago and we lost. Best to let it go and live as best we can with what survived. In another thread about sin, I just now said that I believe the sins of the father die with the father. I don't want to hate Christians alive today, just on the basis that they follow the religion of the long-dead people responsible for destroying our culture. Now, if they continue that erasure, that's a different matter, but even then, I don't believe hate is the solution.

syo

A cross is a nice symbol but Christians use the Cross the torture device.