• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wearing a mask the right way

Nimos

Since the rules of wearing mask here in Denmark have just been expanded. I was looking around a bit on the whole mask thing out of curiosity. So I found this image of how to correctly wear the mask. Looking at the bottom two images on the right of how the mask is not effective, Really? :D

covidhowtowearamask550.jpg

They should have added one with the mask being worn as a hat, that way there would be no doubt :D

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Since the rules of wearing mask here in Denmark have just been expanded. I was looking around a bit on the whole mask thing out of curiosity. So I found this image of how to correctly wear the mask. Looking at the bottom two images on the right of how the mask is not effective, Really? :D

covidhowtowearamask550.jpg

They should have added one with the mask being worn as a hat, that way there would be no doubt :D
The upper-left of incorrect, I call them nosey ********. The one underneath is a chiney-chin-chin.
The one next to it I do in between stops if I'm not going to be in my car more than a few minutes. OR I was trying to take it off and it got caught in my industrial barbell. All you privileged under pierced people not having to worry about ripping half your ear off when that thingy gets caught.:tearsofjoy:

Nimos

The upper-left of incorrect, I call them nosey ********. The one underneath is a chiney-chin-chin.
The one next to it I do in between stops if I'm not going to be in my car more than a few minutes. OR I was trying to take it off and it got caught in my industrial barbell. All you privileged under pierced people not having to worry about ripping half your ear off when that thingy gets caught.:tearsofjoy:
I can understand why some people might get confused in regards to the top two images, I have actually seen one wearing it as the top left one, and could imagine a lot wearing it as the top right one as well.

But serious, the bottom two is like people not even trying :D

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I can understand why some people might get confused in regards to the top two images, I have actually seen one wearing it as the top left one, and could imagine a lot wearing it as the top right one as well.
The upper left I just don't get, because it's about like poking a hole in a condom.

pearl

I would add that the correct way includes making sure the band inside the mask that covers the nose is pinched tight. If glasses are worn, which is advisable, and there getting steamed up, then the band covering the top of the nose is not tight enough.

Erebus

See I'm one of those who may well be wearing it like the top right one but I'll never know.

I have a beard so the best I can hope for is to have my mask approximately on my face!

exchemist

Veteran Member
Yes, and here is that idiot of an ex-leader of the UK Labour Party, showing exactly how not to wear a mask:
b25lY21zOjE1MzQxMTFhLWQyYzEtNDM4OC1iM2YwLTQ4ODk5MTNlMmRjODo4OGU1NDZiNi04ZDRmLTQ2YjYtOTc2Mi0xNWI0NTZiMTcxNWI=.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    257.4 KB · Views: 0

Nimos

See I'm one of those who may well be wearing it like the top right one but I'll never know.

I have a beard so the best I can hope for is to have my mask approximately on my face!
Honestly I would probably do that as well on many occasions, I have only worn a mask one time when taking a taxi. So hadn't I see the image, I would probably not have thought about it either.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is droplet masking, and there is aerosol masking.
If you're trying to prevent virus-containing droplets expelled during breathing or speech from spreading, or from droplets from other's breaths, the usual, full nose-and-mouth masks are fairly effective.

If you're trying to stop aerosolized, free virus particles from spreading, you need a mask material that will stop virus-sized particles pulled through the material and, maybe most importantly, the edges must be absolutely air tight.

If you take a big drag on a cigarette, put on a mask, and exhale; if there is any visible smoke, or if anyone next to you can smell any smoke, the mask is not effective against aerosolized virus.

Fact check: N95 filters are not too large to stop COVID-19 particles
The masks you see on the street are not even N-95, and few are properly fitted.