• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weaponised Fake News

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Article is dated 2012... Can you check and confirm if this is actually anything current?

The amendment was made. I am trawling for more detail.
To be honest, I did not note the date of the article when I read it, and made the assumption that it was recent. Which, I acknowledge, was an oversight on my part.
Thanks for pointing that out.

leov

The amendment was made. I am trawling for more detail.
To be honest, I did not note the date of the article when I read it, and made the assumption that it was recent. Which, I acknowledge, was an oversight on my part.
Thanks for pointing that out.
thing did not change just got more sophisticated.

Wandering Monk

Because of Deep Fake technology, we have already arrived at the place where you can't believe what you see and hear in various forms of media. Our dependence on technology is being exploited by many different entities from all corners of the world. Can we trust anyone anymore to do the right thing and protect us from this? Even in 'democratically elected' governments, how much do our elected officials actually know about what is going on in the 'black projects' they are funding?

We really could be living in a world where there is a shadow government, perhaps global, that wants us to think that we are still free to choose our futures.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
As is oft said, the cause of all woe is unrealistic expectations.
Humans will always behave as they do. Our fundamental
nature cannot be swept away by mere man-made laws.
No matter how well crafted they are, propaganda will use
the tool of subtlety to continue thriving. We can make things
like fraud & lying illegal (depending upon circumstance), but
not propaganda, ie, to influence others to an agenda.

To face reality is hardly "capitulation".
While that may be true, it seems to me that it should always be at least supposed to be unsavoury. One at least hopes that their government will be honest. To legalize the use of propaganda on the public, however, legitimizes duplicity, which cannot be a good thing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
While that may be true, it seems to me that it should always be at least supposed to be unsavoury. One at least hopes that their government will be honest. To legalize the use of propaganda on the public, however, legitimizes duplicity, which cannot be a good thing.
Honesty in government is a good thing (usually).
Propaganda has always been legal.
A problem....who would enforce such a law?
The element of government wielding the most power.
Who would be subject to it?
The elements with less power.