• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We would have defaulted no thanks to Biden

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Friday of last month we were told the debt could default on June 1.

They came up with a deal that day. They printed it the next. The house had to have 72 hours to look at it. The house voted in one day. The senate voted in one day, without sending it back to the house. It takes at least one day to get it to the president.

So we would have defaulted if the deadline hadn't been pushed until June 5.

No thank you Brandon.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Friday of last month we were told the debt could default on June 1.

They came up with a deal that day. They printed it the next. The house had to have 72 hours to look at it. The house voted in one day. The senate voted in one day, without sending it back to the house. It takes at least one day to get it to the president.

So we would have defaulted if the deadline hadn't been pushed until June 5.

No thank you Brandon.

Why is this all Biden's fault, exactly?

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
OK first of all I'm not a Republican parrot. I am centrist and this bill was good in the good ways of each party. I think Biden has done a great job over all.

Second, McCarthy asked Biden to speak with him sooner and he wouldn't.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
So the president is supposed to initiate discussions on the Federal budget? The budget is Congress's responsibility.
Well, they had to work out a deal that would pass. Joe Biden is good at bipartisan negotiation, I'm just saying he risked waiting dangerously too long in what actually happened.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Well, they had to work out a deal that would pass. Joe Biden is good at bipartisan negotiation, I'm just saying he risked waiting dangerously too long in what actually happened.
And I say that Republicans were trying to take the economy, through the "full faith of credit of the US," hostage in an effort to get their way on too much, given that the White House and Senate are Democratic, and the House is just a tiny bit Republican.

The problem with hostage-taking, however, is that if you are unwilling to pull the threatened trigger, it fails as a tactic.

Last edited:

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
And I say that Republicans were trying to take the economy, through the "full faith of credit of the US," hostage in an effort to get their way on too much, given that the White House and Senate are Democratic, and the House is just a tiny bit Republican.

The problem with hostage-taking, however, is that if you are unwilling to pull the threatened trigger, it fails as a tactic.
Alright, I agree with you there enough.