• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"We really mean it this time!"

exchemist

Veteran Member
Of course it assumes that only white officers are a problem. What about other non-black officers?
Well it's not singling out white police per se. The goal should be to have a police force whose ethnicity reflects as far as possible that of the community they serve.

But to the extent that, historically, the police were all good ol boys who got together from time to time to put pillowcases over their heads, then, er, yes.

I wonder if I should re-watch "In the Heat of the Night". That was a good film.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
The skeptic in me is breaking through.

I am afraid that all the words coming out of the mouths of politicians about addressing racial inequities and grievances of black Americans will be forgotten once all the recent turmoil has subsided and we will once again fall into our comfort zones. Republicans will ignore the issue and Democrats will pay lip service to it because they know that blacks have nowhere else to go. That is our history FOR DECADES AND MORE!

I was just telling my kids this, its like Parkland those kids got a little more than a year and what was accomplished and what do we hear about them. The only benefit I see from this is that it is turning the tied. More than a few people have changed there minds about Black lives. All process of change are slow if they are to succeed. To me its looking like major change will occur in my life and I only have a little more than 30 years.

Wandering Monk

I was just telling my kids this, its like Parkland those kids got a little more than a year and what was accomplished and what do we hear about them. The only benefit I see from this is that it is turning the tied. More than a few people have changed there minds about Black lives. All process of change are slow if they are to succeed. To me its looking like major change will occur in my life and I only have a little more than 30 years.

'Slow' as in decades? Not sure that 'slow change' will be tolerated by the oppressed.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
The reality is that there are no laws or official policies that need to change. Everyone is treated the same is already the law and police policies. So there are no tangible requests in these protest. The real change has to come in the hearts and minds.

My thought is that the country is doing well with racial equality but over-focusing on individual bad events is harmful to racial harmony as we are seeing today. Why not focus on the overwhelmingly more harmonious events??

I just sense racial harmony going backwards with each protest.

The problem is Everyone is not treated the same. There are bias's all throughout the system. Has a cop ever let you off for a crime (Speeding or etc). For there to be no bias every law and policy should be enforced 100%. There are ridiculous laws on every states books that are outdated but still listed, this makes the books themselves Bias. The real change has to come from unbiased laws and proper enforcement.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
The problem is Everyone is not treated the same. There are bias's all throughout the system. Has a cop ever let you off for a crime (Speeding or etc). For there to be no bias every law and policy should be enforced 100%. There are ridiculous laws on every states books that are outdated but still listed, this makes the books themselves Bias. The real change has to come from unbiased laws and proper enforcement.
?? There are no racial biases in the laws was my point.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
And if cops would stop attacking peaceful protestors, the job would be even simpler still.

These are all statistically rare events. It seems to me we're sitting on top of a powder keg, and what happens next isn't going to be determined my logic, but by unpredictable emotions.

PureX

Veteran Member
The wealthy elites that now own and control everything that matters in this country have been grooming the police forces all around the country to be their personal 'good squads' for several decades, just as the police were back in the days of the 'robber barons' (a time very much like today). Which is why they have been arming them to the teeth with military weapons and equipment, and training them to use exceptionally violent tactics. Not to mention it's good for business selling all that stuff to the government at wildly inflated prices. They know that sooner or later the American people are going to wake up and realize that they have been totally bamboozled, robbed, and enslaved by a rigged economic system, and by a corrupted political system that have been designed and controlled by the rich, for the rich, and at the cost of everyone else's life, liberty, and happiness. And when we do, we will be looking for some heads to roll.

And that's when the wealthy elites will need their goon squads and their crooked judges to protect them. And more importantly, to protect their economic interests. The real question will be the military, itself. Will they do the bidding of the wealthy elites, against their own fellow citizens (and family members) when some corrupt president demands it? Or will they act to protect the citizens of this country from their own co-opted and corrupted police forces and politicians? I fear that we will find out sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
'Slow' as in decades? Not sure that 'slow change' will be tolerated by the oppressed.

It has already been 100's of years. It truth there may be some change if the Democrats can win the Presidency and both house's but it will not be enough change.