• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

we never asked jesus to die for us

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
NetDoc said:
Aren't they? Go ahead and refuse to use your brakes.
I'll not only use them, but I'll be fairly certain that they'll work. Unlike the charlatans with their snake oil, there are brake tests that are encouraged and definitive, with their outcome being independent of the faith of the tester. Also unlike these charlatans, the brake manufactures do not take those who have used their brakes yet nevertheless die a horrific death, and claim that the victims deserved their fate - gleefully including those children in the back seat.

NetDoc said:
How petulant we are, that we feel it appropriate to question God's timing and judgment.
Let's keep the debate in context, NetDoc: I don't think anyone here is questioning "God's" anything. It is the explanations presented by and believed in by humans that is under scrutiny. I would caution against assuming that when someone questions you they are questioning God. :eek:

true blood

Maize said:
That's not what I'm implying or talking about. I'm trying to understand why there had to be a "sacrifice" at all.
Christ did not need to be a "sacrifice". The Messiah came and the people rejected him. God spoke through his prophets and the people mocked and slaughtered them. God inspired men to write his written word and the people have secretly introduced destructive heresies to try to bring the way of truth into disrepute.