• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We Must Unite! Humanity is in Danger!

Should we be afraid?

• Total voters

Jim

Nets of Wonder
There are tests. But they rely on honest self reporting, so...since psychopaths are typically high IQ, socially mobile and shamelessly dishonest, and have high levels of cognitive empathy, the tests may be of little value.
How does anyone even know they exist? Oh ... They want us to know.

Notice, I keep saying “they,” for the psychopaths, for obvious reasons ...

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
It used to be the commies in our closets and under our beds. More recently it’s been the Muslim Next Door, Jurassic Park, and a Zombie Apocalypse. Now it’s psychopaths over our heads. Let’s have a contest to see who can guess what the next Greatest Threat To All Mankind will be. I still say that it’s religious prejudices.

Apple taking over the universe.

Reactions: Jim

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
It used to be the commies in our closets and under our beds. More recently it’s been the Muslim Next Door, Jurassic Park, and a Zombie Apocalypse. Now it’s psychopaths over our heads. Let’s have a contest to see who can guess what the next Greatest Threat To All Mankind will be. I still say that it’s religious prejudices.

More likely religions themselves, since many have such deep roots so as to make it almost impossible to weed them out. :oops:

Howard Is

Lucky Mud

They may not know.
It isn’t necessarily a conspiracy.

Watch a school of fish avoiding a predator. The whole school moves together in very complex ways. Google ‘swarm programming’.
Complex group behaviour does not rely on cognisance at an individual level.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
BTW...this thread isn’t showing up on NewPosts. Or New Threads. Well, it hasn’t been for some hours now. I went through the first three pages, down to threads last posted on hours ago. I’ve checked it a few times.
No doubt a simple software bug.

:shrug:

*string quartet playing screeching tritones*

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
BTW...this thread isn’t showing up on NewPosts. Or New Threads. Well, it hasn’t been for some hours now. I went through the first three pages, down to threads last posted on hours ago. I’ve checked it a few times.
No doubt a simple software bug.

:shrug:

*string quartet playing screeching tritones*

If you've already read the last reply, you actually have to click "Recent posts", and not "New posts".

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
My question to Bob is, say we do do something about psychopaths before they ever commit any crimes. How will we avoid it becoming like the old days when people believed to be witches got killed?

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
Why don't you take your head out of your ***, wipe your **** out your eyes and read the ****ing literature?

The Reverend Bob

My question to Bob is, say we do do something about psychopaths before they ever commit any crimes. How will we avoid it becoming like the old days when people believed to be witches got killed?
We can't get them before they do anything, but we have to make sure that they pay for the crimes they do commit and not get away with it. And they have to be exposed, not as individuals but people have to be educated about them.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
We can't get them before they do anything, but we have to make sure that they pay for the crimes they do commit and not get away with it. And they have to be exposed, not as individuals but people have to be educated about them.

Plot twist: Upon trying to educate the public, organizations rise up to educate them on psychopaths, and these organizations are run by psychopaths.

That's what I see happening.

The Reverend Bob

Notice, I keep saying “they,” for the psychopaths, for obvious reasons ...
Why dost thou protesth too much?
A hammer in your hand, and everything looks like a nail ?

Who is using religious prejudice for geopolitical engineering ?
Behind the facade of religious "respectability" is a perfect place for them to hide. It would be perfect for them to pretend they are spiritual and are interested in the welfare of all humans and that if we only listen to them would we be enlightened and see the wisdom of their guiding words.

The Reverend Bob

Plot twist: Upon trying to educate the public, organizations rise up to educate them on psychopaths, and these organizations are run by psychopaths.

That's what I see happening.
mccarthy-obit-popup.jpg