• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We Live In A Haunted House

w00t

We live in a house which is apparently haunted. We experience a wide range of phenomena from apparitions, writing and carving on walls, images on photos that were not evident when the photo was taken, the transporting of very heavy objects around the house and much, much more. The media takes an interest in us and we even feature on the Discovery Channel. If we discount a hoax, which have to be truly remarkable, as this has been going on for the seven years we have lived here, we think that what is thought to be supernatural at present, probably has a natural explanation. In time science is likely to explain what is explicable now. After all 200 years ago what we take for granted today would have seeemed paranormal then!

Have others had any 'spooky' experiences?

Lightkeeper

Looking in the mirror is my most spooky experience. All seriousness aside, did the former residents of your house have the same experiences?

I did have an ocassion where one day I found a pile of fir needles in my bed. It never happened before and never happened again. I live alone so there was no explanation for it. There was no way this amount of needles could have been transported from me feet etc. and it was at the head of the bed on the opposite side I sleep on. These were Douglas fir needles and I did have a deceased relative with that name.

Runt

3... at my old house there was a spot in my parents bedroom, in the middle of the room, that was always cold. If you stood there with a phone, it would get staticy. If you stepped a foot away in any direction, you could hear fine. My sister once brought home a Valentines Day balloon for my mom... the balloon drifted to that spot, and stayed there. We'd move it, it would always drift to that exact spot. As a result, we got creeped out and made sure never to bring balloons into the room. A friend of mine once got the idea that it was simply cold there because the air conditioning blew on that spot. So once when I had her spending the night, we played around with the spot, making a point of directing the vent at the floor and at the ceiling. The spot didn't change position or change temperature. Even when the AC is off the spot was cold. I never really noticed it until I was a young teenager, but I remember when I was a little kid I'd have nightmares if I slept in the room with my parents. Perhaps it was simply because of the unfamiliar environment. When my parents put up a dream catcher for decoration when I was about nine or ten, the nightmares didn't occur as frequently (though at that time, I also stopped sleeping in there quite so frequently, and the nightmares may have stopped because, knowing the whole legend of the dreamcatcher, my young mind simply reassured itself because of the symbol of protection, rather than it actually DOING anything). My mother doesn't think it's a ghost, but just "negative energy". I don't know what it is... all I know is it is creepy, and I'm glad we moved from that house.

The other one is more... "ghost-like", but somehow less creepy. When I was twelve or thirteen some of the honors kids got to take a trip to California. We were put in this crappy motel with three to a room. My friend Marissa and I were in one bed, and my friend Kati in the other. I woke up at 3:09 in the morning (photographic memory :p) to see a figure walking from the left side of the room to the right, in front of the beds, over toward the bathroom. No lights were on, and I didn't really think anything of it, since obviously I was rooming with two people and I figured one had gotten up to go to the bathroom. I glanced over beside me and saw my friend Marissa sleeping, so I assumed it was Kati and went back to sleep. The next morning I told Kati that she'd woken me up when she went to the bathroom in the middle of the night. She told me she'd never gotten up in the middle of the night... The experience wasn't particularly frightening, and I didn't feel any "coldness" as the figure went by... Perhaps I was dreaming? I don't know.

The third one is more recent. My older sister (the same one who brought home the balloon in the first story) moved into her first house a couple years ago. Because my birthday is so close to Halloween, she allowed my friend Marissa and I to stay at her house on Halloween, and she took us out that evening to Mill Avenue (the high school and college "hang out" in my area) for my birthday . That night we slept in the room upstairs. She told us to shut our door, because her Rottweiler, Bubba, likes to sleep on that bed. So we closed it, and locked it. That night, only about half an hour after we went to bed, we started having some weird stuff happen to us. First, as I turned onto my stomach, I thought I saw a black SHAPE by my pillow... like a Rottweiler resting his head on the side of the bed near my face. Then it went away. I told Marissa that I thought Bubba was in the room, and she told me that she thought she'd seen him too. So we got up out of bed and turned on the light, thinking that either we had failed to close the door properly and Bubba had pushed it open silently without us noticing... or we'd accidentally locked him in with us when intending to lock him OUT. But, as you've probably guessed, when we turned on the light there was no dog in the room. I was more than a little freaked out, but Marissa, being who she is, calmly explained, "It's Halloween and the spirit world is closer to ours than normal. Its not weird to have a ghost or two wandering around. Get over it. It won't hurt us." I was a little freaked out still, but kinda comforted by the way she regarded the situation, so we turned off the light and went back to bed. During the middle of the night I woke up, and felt something very strange. I have chihuahuas at home, one of which I allow to sleep in my bed with me, and so am accustomed to the sensation of a small animal moving on top of the covers from my shoulder to my feet (as Data, my dog, does often because she gets hot sleeping sandwiched between my arm and my side, and so moves to the foot of the bed where I can't cuddle with her :( )... and that was what it felt like. However, I was more than half asleep when I felt it, and as I woke up a little more and tried to concentrate on it to see if I was actually FEELING anything (instead of just imagining things), the sensation just kinda faded away. Perhaps it was a dream... but it really felt as if something very small and very light was walking on top of the covers beween Marissa and I. The next morning I told her about it, and she said she vaguely recalled something similar, but seemed more amused than scared.

That's it.... all three incidents MAY have been something else... air conditioning, a dream, I don't know... but they were all kinda creepy.

Rudy

There was the spirit of a man that lived in one of the upstairs bedrooms. My sister, who slept up there used to see it a lot. We tolerated it until it nearly scared to death a friend who was visiting.

We told it to leave the house and no one have seen it since.

Master Vigil

My whole life is filled with spirits. I'm constantly paralleling in both physical and spiritual realms. I've done a few jobs for people who want to know what's "in" their house. You'd be surprised how "haunted" everything is.

w00t

As far as we know were are the only people to experience the 'happenings' in our home. This is why we at first thought we were being hoaxed. But for seven years this has been on going and when a word or image suddnely appears on the wall in fromt of you when it wasn't there moment before and you have been in the room all the time and you know no one has put it there, it makes you wonder. Here is an account i wrote the other day for another website. It gives one just an idea what is happening although there is so much more that I could include, but the article would rival 'War and Peace! Sorry it is rather long!

When moving to a new house you do not expect to employ an expert in the paranormal in addition to the surveyor and the solicitor. Maybe that is what we should have done before we moved into Penyffordd Farm, our haunted North Wales farmhouse in February 1997!

We had barely been in residence for two weeks when a reporter from our local weekly newspaper told us that an Irish couple had seen visions of the Virgin Mary in our field, and had subsequently experienced miracles of healing. Not being Catholics we were highly sceptical. The field is at the bottom of a quiet country lane and has nothing much to recommend it as it is steep and rugged. It is not much use for grazing, but we allow our neighbour to keep a few pet sheep there. In spite of my scepticism, when I was suffering with a frozen shoulder, that had defied medical aid, I stood at the field gate, and within five minutes my pain had eased; by the next day I was cured! I have a theory that if one has something like our field to focus the mind on, it acts like a catalyst in helping the body’s own healing mechanisms to kick in.

By June of 1997 our lane was becoming like a mini Lourdes with folk visiting the field in hope of a vision or a miracle. Seven years later, we still get a ‘pilgrim’ or two, and there are occasional reports of miracles. Two people have actually contacted me over the Internet from America, saying that they had been healed when they visited the field. According to a newspaper report, its tranquil vibes prevented a man from committing suicide in 1999.

While all this was going outside, we became aware of a presence in the house. Our youngest daughter was on a visit home and woke up to find a monk sitting on the end of the bed. She found it a pleasant experience, until her brain kicked in, and then she wondered what on earth he was doing there! We thought it was a dream until I saw an apparition of a monk in broad daylight a couple of days later. From then on Brother Doli (Adolphus) became part of the family. Our son, who has Down’s Syndrome, saw him frequently, and accepted the fact as normal! I have seen the monk on about five occasions, each time I thought I was seeing a flesh and blood person for the second or two that I was aware of the presence.

In January 1999 the first stain of a Welsh religious word appeared on the wall in the lounge, TANGNEFEDD, meaning peace as in ‘peace be with you’. Soon the wall erupted in religious words, all in Welsh. We also noticed crosses and little monks appearing all over the place, inside and out. Carvings in the form of words, crosses and monks also materialised. This is a continuing phenomenon. Sometimes the words and images will remain for a year or two, other times they will come and go quite quickly.

I am a very amateur photographer, but I have taken a lot of photographs over the last seven years. From time to time I will get an inexplicable image on a photo that was not visible when I took the shot. One particularly memorable one was taken in 1997. I happened to shoot some photos of the barn in our field, a really spooky image of a grotesque face appeared on one of the photographs. If I had seen it in reality, I think I would have been a few miles down the road!

Footsteps are frequently heard going up and down our staircase and along the landing. We also hear bumps and bangs of unknown origin. They can be so loud that one could be forgiven for thinking that the house was about to fall down! This phenomenon can occur at anytime of the day or night.

Before long we had another ghostly houseguest, Jane. We have a tombstone, which was dug up from under our lawn about 20 years ago. The workman, whom we met a few months ago, refused to dig any deeper for fear of disinterring any bones! The inscription on the stone reads, Jane Jones Aged 15 1778. In March 2001 I saw a girl standing on the back patio, stroking the cat. She was young and heavily pregnant, dressed in a long smock like dress and blue cloak. In the ten seconds it took me to get to the backdoor, she had disappeared. There was absolutely nowhere she could have gone without me seeing her go. A workman in the lane said that he had not seen her. We began to discover the name ‘Jane’ in the form of a stain or carving on the walls. Putting two and two together, we assumed that this was the girl I had seen. Not long afterwards a teenage boy called ‘Tom’ took up residence!

Our ghostly houseguests seem fascinated by the computer! E-mails, of which we have no knowledge, have been sent out at times when we have been in, out or asleep. These have been Welsh words, similar to those on our walls, the recipients are folks listed in our address book. Sometimes Welsh words have appeared in documents that my husband has been typing, this can be quite annoying if the document is sent out and the word has gone unnoticed!

We often hear voices in the house at different times of day and night. The words are just beyond our level of hearing; we cannot pinpoint exactly where the sound is coming from. Occasionally these have sounded like the voices of children, a crowd of people, or just a couple having a conversation, we even heard a baby crying in our kitchen!

An impressive piece of spooky mischief is the transportation of heavy objects around our home. We have a large wooden owl carved out of a single piece of teak. It weighs approximately 182lbs and it was with difficulty that two strong men lifted it into position on our 16-inch high hearth in August 2002. A few months later it transported itself across the room, and continues to go walkabout periodically. The tombstone used to lean against the front wall of the house, for some unaccountable reason it fell over three times in one day in 2002. It was getting damaged so we decided to bring it into the lounge and tuck it away in a corner where the casual observer was unlikely to notice it. It seemed quite happy for a number of months until that too went walkies! On the last occasion it was missing for a period of five days. We searched every single place we could think of in the house and garden. It is quite heavy and nobody could get very far carrying it. I have an Internet pal, Diane, a psychic who lives on the south coast of England. More in fun, than any hope of finding the stone, I asked her to use her psychic ability to locate it. She e-mailed me to say that she had the impression it was under my husband’s side of the bed! We had looked there so it seemed unlikely. However, sure enough, there it was, soaking wet, yet the carpet beneath it was bone dry! We put it back in its place in the lounge and water drained out of it for the next four days. This was weird; stones do not normally act like sponges! In the end I got fed up and asked my husband to put it outside. Within an hour it had hopped over to the flowerbed opposite the house. It was decided to put it in the exact spot it had been in when we moved into our home in 1997. Growing beside it was a passiflora, which had given us great delight, fruiting and flowering. The passiflora had been planted after the tombstone had been moved away from its original position. A few days later I was working in my upstairs study, on the other side of the house, when I became aware of a woman’s perfume wafting in through the open window. Fascinated, I went into the garden to try to trace the source of it. It took me a while before I discovered it was emanating from the tombstone! Soon after that an unseen animal seemed to be attacking the plant. We discovered bite and scratch marks on the stem. Try as we might to protect it, the stem was bitten through! We were upset and my husband blamed the odour coming from the tombstone for attracting the phantom animal! In temper, he threw the stone onto the lawn, threatening to smash it up! It remained face down for about thirty-six hours. I suggested we should put it behind a tree in the herb garden at the back. On lifting it up, we discovered black scorch marks all the way down the front of the stone, just as if it had been in a fire, yet the lawn beneath was not damaged! The stone is now in the back garden and apart from emitting a faint perfume seems to be at peace, if a tombstone can be said to be at peace!

Just before Easter 2004 an image, which looked like the face of the Crucified Christ appeared on the fireplace. Within days a couple of Latin words showed up beside it. IUDAEUS meaning Jew and CHRISTUS meaning Christ! The Welsh word NEFOEDD meaning heaven materialised on the other side of the fireplace. At the time of writing the words and image are still there.

One surprising, and welcome, spin off of all this ghostly activity is my newfound artistic talent! I had never been artistic in the whole of my life; I detested art at school. For my 50th birthday, in January 2000, I was given an ink jet printer with a freebie digital art package. I was persuaded to give this art form a try. In the early days it felt as if a presence was standing at my right shoulder guiding my right hand. Until that time I had controlled the computer mouse with my left hand, as I am left handed! Much to my surprise, I had an art exhibition three months later, and people actually want to buy my work! Poetry has also started bubbling out of my head, I had never written a poem before, now I have a few hundred to my name. I frequently have my poems published, in the UK and abroad. I firmly believe that the atmosphere in our house has released something in me, enabling these talents to thrive.

We don’t know what causes the activity in our house. For quite a while we thought it was a hoax, but it would have to be an extremely clever one, and why anyone would want to perpetrate it is not known. We do not make any money out of our remarkable house or field. We think that if all this amazing activity is genuine, it is probably of natural origin and science will catch up in time. After all, things that we take for granted today would have seemed paranormal 200 years ago!

Our house has a friendly and welcoming atmosphere, there is never a dull moment, and we don’t lack after dinner conversation, so our ‘ghostly’ houseguests are welcome to remain!

Rose-Mary Gower

April 2004

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Nothing ghostly that I'm aware of going on here, but my parents have a few ghosties roaming around their house which is about 100 years old. They're harmless and just like ringing the doorbell and opening and closing doors. Dad sees them and talks to them, but doesn't say much to anyone about it.

My girlfriend on the other hand has lots of ghost stories to tell, but I'll let her tell them another time.

Death

Contact James Randi now, you could easily become millionaires if what you say is substanciated.

Alternatively, local universities may be interested, or local skeptic societies, either way, get in touch with someone from the official science community and get them to check out your home.

w00t

My husband is more sceptical than James Randi, even though we live with this all the time, LOL!!! We have had a 2 year investigation by an university researcher. the result was inconclusive. Even total sceptics find our home fascinating, as some of them have experienced strange things when they have visited us!

anders

A former girlfriend of mine believes in just about anything, and she has a few stories of what has happened in her family's summer house. I do not believe in such things, and I have never experienced anything that even could be interpreted as being supernatural. The only supernatural things I believe in is subatom physics.

Death

Tangnefedd said:
My husband is more sceptical than James Randi, even though we live with this all the time, LOL!!
Then invite Randi round, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain :p.

! We have had a 2 year investigation by an university researcher. the result was inconclusive.

Well that's not too convincing.

Even total sceptics find our home fascinating, as some of them have experienced strange things when they have visited us!

Have you got any online resources with references to these skeptics and your house?

w00t

I would not particularly like the media circus surrounding James Randi, even for $1000,000, and I doubt he would be convinced anyway, we find it very unbelievable ourselves, when we stop to think about it. We did a radio broadcast when we were interviewed by a prolific British author, who told us from the outset he was a sceptic. He stopped three times while he was interviewing me. When asked what was wrong, he said that he saw a figure walking past the door between the lounge and kitchen on three occasions, this stunned him. I was quite pleased because I have seen that figure a number of times.

I don't expect anyone to believe what I am saying, it is unbelievable. One has to actually see for themselves what goes on here.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
physical evidence is realy tricky... especally with todays video and photo manipulation tecnology... eaven if you took real footage/photos no one would believe you...

as for myself, I spent four years in a very haunted dorm room in colledge... built in the 1800's its had a long time to collect alternitive residents....

I lived in 3 different rooms in the dorm... in each I encountered something... my first the drawers built into the wall would open and shut by themselves... (we later had a visit from a former resident who's roommate hung herself in the room 30 odd years earlier... creepy) My second room we had a blue orb that floated around the ceiling... my roommate in that room saw a woman walk though the room (and though her by the way.) The third room we would hear a child laughing and playing with things in the room when the lights were out...

other student saw thing in the building as well...
all in all it was a very interesting few years. ;)

wa:-do

w00t

What do you mean by physical evidence? If you take a ghost tour of our house there is stuff all over the fireplace, carvings on trees, stuff that just appears and disappears. On a slow TV evening watching, our fireplace is much more exciting, images come and go.

The last TV crew that were here a couple of weeks ago, were really excited as they kept finding images on the fireplace, not there one minute, there the next. They really did have a tale to tell. They were supposed to be doing a live satellite link to the studio. I had warned them before hand that our spooks have a habit of messing with electrical equipment and cameras when they are in the spotlight. Sure enough a fault developed with the satellite equipment and they couldn't broadcast live. Apparently nothing like this had happened before. Then a day or two later the programme got in touch with me to ask about the person who had contacted me to set up the filming. I assumed she was from the TV company, it turned out that they had never heard of her! Then they called two days ago to say that some information they needed had mysteriously gone missing, could we supply it, and so it goes on!!! Incidently, while the TV company were filming, my husband and I had another appointment, we were not in the house, we just left the crew to it. We have never made money out of our house and field, just in case anyone was wondering!

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Maize said:

My girlfriend on the other hand has lots of ghost stories to tell, but I'll let her tell them another time.

:goodjob: I'm cheating though, cause I'm copying and pasting from somewhere else I posted. (Be warned, it's long!)

Ok...I have loads of ghostie stories, and all of them have happened to myself, or a member of my family. They used to really freak me out, but have become something of 'the norm' now...

Ok, I guess I'll start with me....when I was a kid, I would often wake to find an old lady sitting on the edge of my bed, staring down at me. I never mentioned it to anyone in the family, cause I thought they wouldn't believe me (told my mum a couple months ago, and she told me off for not telling her lol). Anyway, she was thin, had white hair, rolled up into a bun on top of her head, and she was wearing a long dress/nightgown, that had long sleeves and buttoned up to her neck. She never did or said anything to me, just sat there, but it always paralysed me with fear...I would just lay there staring at her, cold and rigid, until she was suddenly gone, or I fell asleep - whichever came first. I guess the last time I saw her was in my teens.

Now, at the house my mum lives in now (and I lived in for maybe 3 years while still in school), there are several ghosts. We think the house was built on what was once an Aboriginal settlement. There is "the big black man", "the little kid", and who I call "the nasty one". Nobody but myself, and possibly my niece (who, by the way, has several 'dead friends', as she calls them), has had any experiences with "the nasty one". Mum's house is C-shaped, and has a long hallway joining the bedrooms to the rest of the house. Quite often when I was living there (and a few times since, when I've been back to visit), I would be walking down the hallway, either from the kitchen, to my bedroom (which was last at the end of the hallway), or from my bedroom to the kitchen...when I would just suddenly break out into a dead run. I would get to whichever end of the hallway I was headed for, out of breath, heart hammering, totally petrified. The best way to describe it, would be like someone poking me in the back, making me run. And it wasn't a mischievous feeling I would get from the poker, it was very definitely malevolent. Never told Mum about that one until fairly recently, when it happened again. She had, on occassion, noticed my little mad dashes, but hadn't bothered to ask why I was running lol. My niece, I think, also 'saw' this nasty little bugger. My sister was carrying her, and went to walk into the laundry to get something. Well, my niece threw a fit, and screamed and wouldn't go into the laundry, because something (I don't remember the word she used), was in there. She was about 2 or 3 at the time...

Ok, one more that involves me...I was sitting in the kitchen one night, around midnight, making a skirt. I wanted to get it finished, cause I was due to go back to University the next day, and had no access to a sewing machine there. It was dark in the rest of the house, everyone had gone to bed. I stopped sewing to stretch for a second, and looked through the doorway into the loungeroom. There was a toy car sitting on the floor (not a battery operated one, just a plastic toy car), and as I watched, the car moved along the floor, and up the arm of the lounge chair, and across the top of the arm. I sat there with my mouth hanging open for I don't know how long, and then Mum got up to get a drink of water and found me lol. I told her and she laughed and said "Oh, it's just the little kid..."

Now, still in my mum's house...my older sister has severe asthma, and occassionally has to go to hospital for treatment when she has a bad attack. She was staying at Mum's, in the spare room (the last doorway on the way to the kitchen from the rest of the bedrooms), and had an attack. Well, Mum's bedroom is opposite my old room, at the far end of the hallway, so my sister got up with the intention of waking Mum up to take her into town to the hospital (Mum lives about 20 mins from the nearest town). But every time my sister reached the linen cupboard, she would suddenly find herself turned around and walking back towards the kitchen. She did this several times, and was starting to panic when Mum woke up and came out to see what was wrong. Apparently "the big black man" camps out in front of the linen cupboard...and he tends to protect Mum. Didn't want my sister interrupting her sleep or something... As a side note, Mum pulled up the carpet in the house a couple years ago, and laid cork tiles instead. But the tile in front of the linen cupboard keeps cracking. Mum replaced it three times before she gave up...guess the weight of this ghost is too much for it lol.

My sister's house is one which used to be part of housing for the local Airforce base. It came with its very own Airforce ghost. When she was pregnant with my niece (the one who sees ghosts), every morning at about 5am, my sister would hear the front door open and close, footsteps going to the toilet, the toilet flushing, and footsteps toward her bedroom. If she bothered to look up (she didn't after she got used to it), she saw the outline of a man wearing an Airforce hat and uniform. Her partner wasn't home when this happened, because he had left for work a half hour before. I didn't really believe her until once when I was staying there...I slept on the loungeroom floor, and sure enough, the front door opened and closed, and I hear the footsteps etc. Everyone else in the house was asleep, it was pretty creepy.

Ooh, that reminds me...I was staying there, maybe last year, and I got up to go to the toilet in the middle of the night. My sister's cat was sitting on the floor in the kitchen, so I bent down to pat him....and my hand met thin air, no cat. It had put its head up to meet my hand and everything as I bent down, but there was no cat there, cause Kip was outside at the time lol.

Now, my niece has had several 'dead friends', as they've come to be called. She would sit and have conversations, and my sister would ask who she was talking to. My niece replied "My friend with the bike...he's dead." My sister asked what his name was, and my niece gave her that raised eyebrow 'what are you on?' look, and said "He doesn't have a name, he's dead." Once they were sitting in the loungeroom with the curtains open, and my niece cried out "There he is Mum! The dead guy with a bike!", and pointed out the window...but there was nothing there. She had a fight with him one day, a full on screaming match (although it sounded one-sided to everyone else)...he hasn't been back lol. Then there was the man in a skirt (possibly a kilt?), selling balloons in my sister's bedroom....my brother in law had to buy a balloon from him before he'd go away lol. There have been others, but I don't remember them now.

Gosh, I could go on and on (got some great stories about my Great Aunt, who does the rounds...she's a kind of safety monitor), but I'm typed out now lol. Do I believe in ghosts? You betcha!

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Ok, since I copied and pasted my last post, I'll add some involving my Great Aunt Thelma. Now, even in life, I thought she was a creepy old bird. She was my grandmother's older sister (by 11 years), no children of her own. She would walk the 6 blocks or so, once a week, to visit my Nan, who's house I would stay at for the Christmas holidays. I was horrified to find out that my older sister and I were Aunty T's favourites :eek:mg: (because we were the only girls, with oodles of boy cousins lol)...she was one of those old ladies with a permanent drip on the end of her nose, and she was all hunched over and reminiscent of a scarecrow really. To say I didn't like her, would be putting it mildly...but then, I never got the chance to really know her, because she died when I was 8. She's made her presence known since, though...

My uncle inherited her house when she died, and moved in there with his pregnant young wife, and two puppies (Mac, and Tosh :lol: ). Now my uncle's wife, Jo, is one of these women who loves her nailpolish, and is never without triple coated nails (fingers and toes). She had this big wicker basket filled with nailpolish bottles, that she kept in the bathroom, and had it on the floor one day doing her nails. She left the room to do something, and when she came back, the basket was sitting up on the bathroom vanity...she was at home alone at the time. I guess Aunty T thought the puppies might get into it...

Still with Jo, home alone once more...she had her son, and was keeping him amused one day when the phone rang. Leaving the strand of pearls with her son (cause, lord knows that's something you just have laying around for your kids to play with :roll: ), she went and answered the phone. She came back to find the strand of pearls up on the mantel, and her son crying. I guess Aunty T didn't approve of her choice of kiddie toy any more than I did lol. Choking hazard and all...

Now, when Aunty T was alive, she had a problem with a leaking toilet cistern...and as a result, got into the habit of turning the cistern off after flushing the toilet, so as not to waste any water. She never did break that habit, and did it till the day she died...and after. :roll: My uncle was always going out and finding the tap on the toilet cistern turned off, and nobody else would lay claim to doing it lol.

Now, back at mum's place... I was still living there at the time, and mum and I were making lunch (fried asparagus in scrambled eggs). We were waiting for my stepfather to come home (we had to pass on an urgent message), and thought we heard a car in the driveway (the driveway is a couple hundred metres long). So we went out the front door...no car. We walked around the back, thinking he might have driven around into the garage...no car. So we went back inside, scratching our heads, to finish making our lunch, only to find the frypan had been pushed to the back of the stove, and the gas burner turned off. :eek:mg: The only other people in the house were my little brother and sister...one a toddler at the time (who could barely even reach the stove), and the other a baby. We figured that was Aunty Thelma, since she seems to regard herself as the 'safety monitor' of the family. :lol: Creepy old bird!

LilChrist

I'm not quite sure whether you're looking for ghost stories or explainmations. As for myself, I can only provide the latter. Most ghosts stories can be discounted as elaborate jokes, lies, fear making your mind produce an image, etc. But, many have gone unexplained. Some interesting things are, the people that see ghosts that can't be explained are usually either involved with the supernatural or the place that they spot ghosts has been involved in the supernatural. Although rarely taken seriously, (Ghostbusters) many cases are genuine, minus one fact; they aren't seeing ghosts. According to the Bible, "And it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement:" Hebrews 9:27 KJV. So, according to the Bible, once you die, you go straight to judgement. No lingering as a ghost. Only demons can charade as ghosts, even sounding and looking exactly like a loved one or stranger that lived in a place previously or a non-existent person. No ghosts.

Runt

But what if a ghost is kind of a "spiritual signature" rather than a lingering soul? Kind of like... you walk in wet sand and leave footprints, then go swimming and drown. Your physical body dies. Your soul flees and goes where it belongs. But those footprints are still there... they are still a reflection of your life, of you as a living being, of your ACTIONS as a living being... perhaps ghosts are something similar.