• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We don't want your kind living in our apartments. (Hint) It's not what you think, but just as bad.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I don't know anybody in their right mind who would ever think of leasing or renting where the very sight of your car would determine whether you will continue live there or not to the point it must be pristine at all times without any defects or damage. Not to mention having your privately owned car removed without your consent from your driveway whether you like it or not solely on the basis it doesn't look very good and unsightly for the community living there.

Apartment’s Car Dent Policy Puts Family At Risk Of Homelessness

I suppose the thought behind it all is keeping the undesirables and the riffraff out of their community by taking it to a whole new level where if something isn't beautiful and pleasing to the eye, then it's dealt with one way or another.

It's getting one step closer to those dystopia images of a world where someday in the future the beautiful people will live in the upper levels and the undesirable and ugly people live in the lower levels.

I can only hope this is an isolated incident but I suspect it certainly won't be the last.

Moral of the story is always read the fine print.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ya gotta read the lease before you sign it.
But this is an uncommon situation.
They'd never let me live there.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
There are two ways to look at it. 1. The problem is that there isn't enough space, and rent is too high. The requirement to have the cars look good helps to sustain the high rent. 2. Its part of the reason they signed a lease. They came, saw nice apartments and shiny clean cars parked everywhere. They probably thought "Hey look at all these cars in great shape. There must be some good neighbors."

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
I don't know anybody in their right mind who would ever think of leasing or renting where the very sight of your car would determine whether you will continue live there or not to the point it must be pristine at all times without any defects or damage. Not to mention having your privately owned car removed without your consent from your driveway whether you like it or not solely on the basis it doesn't look very good and unsightly for the community living there.

I suppose the thought behind it all is keeping the undesirables and the riffraff out of their community by taking it to a whole new level where if something isn't beautiful and pleasing to the eye, then it's dealt with one way or another.

It's getting one step closer to those dystopia images of a world where someday in the future the beautiful people will live in the upper levels and the undesirable and ugly people live in the lower levels.

I can only hope this is an isolated incident but I suspect it certainly won't be the last.

I was renting a basement room in a landlord's house. And I had an older pickup truck that did show some rust. But nothing was said to me about it until the engine blew. So I had to get another vehicle and the landlord asked why I had two vehicles, so I told him. Then the pickup truck suddenly became an "eyesore" and he threatened to evict me if I didn't remove it by the next day!!!

Bob the Unbeliever

So reminds me of that Scene from the movie "A Wrinkle In Time", wherein all society is nearly identical and "perfect" in every way.

GoodbyeDave

You sign a lease, you accept the terms. If you didn't read the terms, then more fool you. Where do you draw the line? We've all seen houses where the inhabitants seem to think a rusting wreck is a garden ornament; maybe the owners are a bit strict, but better strict than lax.

When I bought my apartment, the purchase had to be approved by the management company after I'd supplied two references. The conditions include not working from home, not keeping a dog, not playing music after 11 p.m., etc, etc. Before we got a communal aerial, some-one put a Sky satellite disk on the wall outside their apartment and the management removed it for lowering the tone of the building! And there's no parking lot: you pay the local authority for a street parking licence if you want a car.