1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We discuss homosexuality here quite often, and I was wondering...

Discussion in 'General Debates' started by standing_on_one_foot, Sep 18, 2004.

1. Paraprakrti

Paraprakrti Custom User

Ratings:
    +53
    I understand that people are going to do what they feel. And apparently some people feel like being the opposite sex. I am saying that people feel this way because they have no knowledge of the self. They are confusing it with the designations of the body.

2. Paraprakrti

Paraprakrti Custom User

Ratings:
    +53
    How you feel who you are is not who you are. Consider for a moment that this is a perception conditioned by things external from the consciousness itself. Try to step back and think about who you are, despite what you feel based on the material world.

3. Jaymes

Jaymes The cake is a lie

Ratings:
    +1,039
    Damn straight. Why should we bother wasting time and intelligence on people who feel lost and so horribly wrong in the body their in? Silly peoples. They can just get over it.

Yes, "you" does not change. However, the body "you" is in affects how others treat "you." For someone who is a woman in every aspect but a physical sense, it can be disheartening and even disturbing to be treated as a man.

4. Paraprakrti

Paraprakrti Custom User

Ratings:
    +53
    One has a cleft palatte correction because something is defective. One replaces burnt skin because something is defective. One has a sex change because one feels like something is defective, when actually, nothing of the physical body is. A man does not have a vagina. A woman does not have a penis.

either way, the fact that people seek to change gender by artificial means is nonsensical.

Are you speaking of the umbilical cord? Necessary sequence in line with the child exiting the womb of the mother. Hint, hint... its time to separate the baby from the mother.

5. standing_on_one_foot

standing_on_one_foot Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +151
    No, pretty sure they were talking about people who are intersexed, not about the umbiligal cord.

6. Jaymes

Jaymes The cake is a lie

Ratings:
    +1,039
    A man isn't supposed to feel like a woman (or vice versa), either. But it happens.

I really need to dig up that article with the study on how transsexuality is caused by hormones the infant is exposed to in the womb...

7. Paraprakrti

Paraprakrti Custom User

Ratings:
    +53
    No, we should try to help those who feel lost. But consider that maybe because they are lost, they don't really know what they need. People seem to go more for "fast acting" over "long lasting".

How are we defining male and female? By what one desires? One feels like a man, that makes them a man? Ok, I feel like a blue whale. I find it disheartening that people don't treat me as a blue whale.

8. Pah

Pah Uber all member

Ratings:
    +1,059
    My point exactly!!!!!

I am now assuming you do not undersatnd what gender is.

It's a change in morphology not gender.

No - intersexed. Which would include a masculine external morphology with a womb - or a woman with a vagina, a womb and a penis (not to be confused with the clitoris being present too!) with or without testicles.

I don't think you understand the broad spectrum of sexuality that occurs in all of God's creation.

-pah-

9. Jaymes

Jaymes The cake is a lie

Ratings:
    +1,039
    Which is why it's nothing but teenagers getting sex changes, not people who have been trying to live normally for decades.

You know, the funny thing is I know people that that would actually apply to...

And when you go into the realm of who you are on the inside.. who's to say you aren't male if you feel male, and female if you feel female?

10. Paraprakrti

Paraprakrti Custom User

Ratings:
    +53
    What... a baby born with both sex organs? Hermaphrodite?

Thats understandable for correctional surgery. But the question is about sex changing.

11. Jaymes

Jaymes The cake is a lie

Ratings:
    +1,039
    Ah, but wouldn't a surgery to change sex be a correctional surgery, as well? Correcting the body to match the mind?

12. Paraprakrti

Paraprakrti Custom User

Ratings:
    +53
    @Pah

I am assuming that gender is defined by how one feels. Ultimately, like I said before, people are going to do what they feel. I see sex change in the same light as someone who has their tongue split and thinks it makes them look like a snake.

13. Paraprakrti

Paraprakrti Custom User

Ratings:
    +53
    I am glad you brought this up...

You have pointed out the common crutch. Instead of changing the body to satisfy the mind, people need to change the mind. The mind is actually the key. The fact that people seek to change the body to match the mind shows their mental slavery. The mind should be in control of the body, not the other way around. That is called intelligence.

14. Pah

Pah Uber all member

Ratings:
    +1,059
    "How are we defining male and female? By what one desires? One feels like a man, that makes them a man? Ok, I feel like a blue whale. I find it disheartening that people don't treat me as a blue whale"

Read the definition already in this thread. Male is defined as having the relatively smaller gamete

-pah-

15. standing_on_one_foot

standing_on_one_foot Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +151
    So...in short, transgendered people should just get over it and be normal.

16. Jaymes

Jaymes The cake is a lie

Ratings:
    +1,039
    Heh, beat me to it.

... I hope you were being sarcastic. o_o Because that's what I was intending with my was-going-to-type-it-but-you-beat-me-to-it thing.

17. Pah

Pah Uber all member

Ratings:
    +1,059
    It's a bad assumption about what gender is.

Read the definitions again.

-pah-

18. Paraprakrti

Paraprakrti Custom User

Ratings:
    +53
    Has it been found that some people with a relatively smaller gamete have female bodies, or that some with a larger one have male bodies?

19. Sunstone

Sunstone De Diablo Del Fora
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +28,134
    Religion:
    Erotic Dancing Girls
    Does that mean they must vote Republican, too?

20. Paraprakrti

Paraprakrti Custom User

Ratings:
    +53
    We're all going to "get over it". The question is how we are solving the problem. We need to address the root of the problem instead of dancing around it and feeding into the illusion. The root of the problem is that we don't know who we are.