• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'We cannot allow this to become the norm': Attacked pregnant Muslim woman calls for solidarity

danieldemol

Premium Member
'A heavily-pregnant Sydney woman who was the victim of an alleged racially-motivated attack has called on all Australians to protect innocent people from racial and religious attacks.

Rana Elasmar, who is 38-weeks pregnant was with friends at a Parramatta eatery on Wednesday night when a man approached their table and spoke to them.

The man then allegedly leaned over and punched Ms Elasmar, 31, several times in the head and upper body, causing her to fall to the ground as her friends tried to hold him back. He then allegedly stomped on her head.

Ms Elasmar, who is a Muslim, was wearing a hijab and police are looking at Islamophobia* as a potential motive.

It's been reported the man-made anti-Muslim comments to Ms Elasmar.'

Read more here: 'We cannot allow this to become the norm': Attacked pregnant Muslim woman calls for solidarity

*It should be noted that there is nothing criminal about the fear of Islam, the only criminal occurrence is acts of bigotry towards Muslims such as the one in the report listed above.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Unfortunately this woman is indirectly suffering from the actions of other violent and brutal Muslims.

People need to learn more about discernment rather than fire off on base raw emotion against those who have from all appearances so far, had done nothing wrong other than being guilty by association.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
'A heavily-pregnant Sydney woman who was the victim of an alleged racially-motivated attack has called on all Australians to protect innocent people from racial and religious attacks.

Rana Elasmar, who is 38-weeks pregnant was with friends at a Parramatta eatery on Wednesday night when a man approached their table and spoke to them.

The man then allegedly leaned over and punched Ms Elasmar, 31, several times in the head and upper body, causing her to fall to the ground as her friends tried to hold him back. He then allegedly stomped on her head.

Ms Elasmar, who is a Muslim, was wearing a hijab and police are looking at Islamophobia* as a potential motive.

Read more here: 'We cannot allow this to become the norm': Attacked pregnant Muslim woman calls for solidarity

*It should be noted that there is nothing criminal about the fear of Islam, the only criminal occurrence is acts of bigotry towards Muslims such as the one in the report listed above.
Despicable. Such a coward, attacking a pregnant woman.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Unfortunately this woman is indirectly suffering from the actions of other violent and brutal Muslims.

People need to learn more about discernment rather than fire off on base raw emotion against those who have from all appearances so far, had done nothing wrong other than being guilty by association.
So since the scandal of the RCC involving child molesting priests, should I expect to see a spate of Catholic Clergy being attacked in the news? Am I to expect a news story involving someone king hitting (one punch intended to kill) a nun in the near future?

Mate, we live in a civilised society with laws and appropriate decorum last I checked. So the lady is Muslim, so what? That’s really no excuse for going up to some random pregnant woman and punching her. What sicko does that?
I’m Hindu. Muslims and Hindus have been viciously fighting each other centuries before you lot entered the scene. Don’t give me that emotionally charged crap. I don’t go around hitting random Muslims for centuries old feuds and wrongdoings on the part of their associations and what they (may have) done to my ancestors.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

So since the scandal of the RCC involving child molesting priests, should I expect to see a spate of Catholic Clergy being attacked in the news? Am I to expect a news story involving someone king hitting (one punch intended to kill) a nun in the near future?

Mate, we live in a civilised society with laws and appropriate decorum last I checked. So the lady is Muslim, so what? That’s really no excuse for going up to some random pregnant woman and punching her. What sicko does that?
I’m Hindu. Muslims and Hindus have been viciously fighting each other centuries before you lot entered the scene. Don’t give me that emotionally charged crap. I don’t go around hitting random Muslims for centuries old feuds and wrongdoings on the part of their associations and what they (may have) done to my ancestors.
Have you ever heard the term policing your own?

Speaking from a collective viewpoint Muslims need to do more to correct the violence their compatriots cause to people because if they don't, more things like this are going to happen.

I'm not excusing or giving a pass to the nutcases that attack Muslims who have nothing to do with the violence of their peers but there's a reason why people are acting like they are and all one has to do is read the news about the latest terror attack to see why things like this happen.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan

Speaking from a collective viewpoint Muslims need to do more to correct the violence their compatriots cause to people because if they don't, more things like this are going to happen.

I'm not excusing or giving a pass to the nutcases that attack Muslims who have nothing to do with the violence of their peers but there's a reason why people are acting like they are and all one has to do is read the news about the latest terror attack to see why things like this happen.

You could easily replace "Muslim" with "American" in this post and make the same point.

Are you responsible for the civilian deaths of Muslims brought about by the American military?

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member

I mean I sympathise with your viewpoint to an extent. I just see a blatant double standard, imo.
Christendom (#notallchristians) constantly offer up these sexist, misogynist, homophobic teachings all the time. Then hide behind freedom of religion and because they aren’t physical with their view points (though sometimes still enshrine them in law which everyone suffers under) they somehow get a free pass.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for freedom of religion. Believe, worship and pray (or not) however you please. I don’t care.
But I don’t think these religious treaties passed under secular governments are that much better. Maybe slightly insofar as no one is physically killed. But still, it poses a threat.
Most generic Muslims I know are absolutely appalled by Islam run governments. Whether they belong to a specific sect against those regimes I don’t know. (We tend to talk about far more important things. Like the latest Netflix show.)
But it’s not like there isn’t a ground level of vocal Muslims against the same things “westerners” are. You just have to talk to people like they’re people.
Now me, I’m an introverted shy nerd lacking any social confidence whatsoever.
So What’s everyone else’s excuse?

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

You could easily replace "Muslim" with "American" in this post and make the same point.

Are you responsible for the civilian deaths of Muslims brought about by the American military?
We all are collectively responsible whether we want to admit it or not as it's our tax money that funds the military.

It also depends upon who you think the bad guys are in all of this.

Abrahamic religions are not known for their benevolence and charity.

Besides it isn't presently Christians who are killing people left and right en masse , flying large aircraft into buildings, nor are they stoning people, beheading people, strapping explosives to themselves and detonating them in highly populated areas, and putting people in cages doused in flammable liquids and set on fire.

Milton Platt

It is very common these days for people to confuse Islam (a religion) with Muslim (a people)