• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"We came to riot"

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I suggested that? No I didn't. Of course everyone is angry. Rightly so. But the Ruperts of the world are deliberating riding in on that anger to create civil unrest through destruction. They are not protestors. They are domestic terrorists, like Timothy McVeigh.

Well then........ so the law can collect video and IT evidence against them where possible, and drag 'em in to a court, convict them and sentence them..

That's what we did in the UK after the 2011 London riots. Nearly all of the thieves, looters and destroyers were caught and severely punished.

@Terrywoodenpic would know more about that than me, I expect.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well then........ so the law can collect video and IT evidence against them where possible, and drag 'em in to a court, convict them and sentence them..

That's what we did in the UK after the 2011 London riots. Nearly all of the thieves, looters and destroyers were caught and severely punished.

Well yes, investigate them, round them up, and prosecute them. These yahoos were putting hand written notes on peoples cars and houses last night, telling them if they don't take down their BLM posters, or other "SJW" signs about equal rights for everyone, like the LGBTQ community, they would "burn them alive in their houses while they are asleep, and torch their cars."

These are not protestors. They are, and should be treated as domestic terrorists. This is what terrorist do. Stashing flammable materials in neighborhoods in hiding places, to come back at night to start fires, is not angry protestors. It's terrorism.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
How would our greed-centered culture teach him any different? He knows he's just going to be used and abused until he's old and dead in a system that's rigged by the rich, for the rich. Why not burn it all down if he gets the chance?

I think it's a good thing. Even the more unruly protestors just want to be heard.

Or: just some anti- social half-wit looking for his 15 minutes of fame.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

He got caught.
Bummer.

PureX

Veteran Member
Because he's abusing his comrades. Those destroyed stores? Even the larger chains that hurts workers. Looting hurts workers.
The workers are being hurt, anyway.
Destroyed buildings means lost jobs means hurting workers.
Like burning the plantation hurts the slaves. So what? The slaves have already been hurt. And will continue to be hurt. So burn it down and start over. OR, the plantation owners could maybe get a clue, and some of share the wealth.

Take it out on those who deserve it, not on those who are also just trying to make it through life.
We all "deserve it".

PureX

Veteran Member
Or: just some anti- social half-wit looking for his 15 minutes of fame.
He is us. He is what we made him. He's responding to the world as he has experienced it. A world WE created, and that we ultimately control.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
He got caught.
Bummer.
Your CCTV coverage is not too bad, so footage from every possible shop, street, vehicle, body cam etc can be collected and scrutinised and all crimes be traced to scumbags at any time after all this.
A mate sent me a vid of a woman stealing trainers from a Nike store, grinning her little head off as she went to her car, it's plate clear as day.
A duck shoot for sure.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Are you sure? Isn't bemused the act of becoming amused? :p
No, it's actual meaning is closer to "baffled", but because it sounds like "amused" and isn't commonly used enough that people are familiar with it, it's commonly misunderstood to be related to "amused.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Like burning the plantation hurts the slaves. So what? The slaves have already been hurt. And will continue to be hurt. So burn it down and start over. OR, the plantation owners could maybe get a clue, and some of share the wealth.
In this case, workers aren't getting raises. They aren't getting profit shares. They lost their job. Now they are worse off than before. Just because someone is in the frying pan doesn't mean it's a good idea to throw them to the fire. Now she has a boss who hates her and on top of that an angry mob, claiming to be for justice and the working classz just ensured she can't pay rent. Good job.

PureX

Veteran Member
He's a side of us that most of us have the humanity not to give in to.
These are almost exclusively our young people doing this. They have seen their future. The future we squandered on our own selfishness. Now you want them to be good little boys and girls, and to eat the sh*t sandwich we made for them.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
No, it's actual meaning is closer to "baffled", but because it sounds like "amused" and isn't commonly used enough that people are familiar with it, it's commonly misunderstood to be related to "amused.
Did you seriously take the time to explain to me what bemused means when I had added a tongue-stick-out smiley to show I was joking? o_O:rolleyes::eek::confused:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Your CCTV coverage is not too bad, so footage from every possible shop, street, vehicle, body cam etc can be collected and scrutinised and all crimes be traced to scumbags at any time after all this.
A mate sent me a vid of a woman stealing trainers from a Nike store, grinning her little head off as she went to her car, it's its plate clear as day.
A duck shoot for sure.
Fixed.

I hadn't annoyed you yet today,
so I offered this.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Are you sure? Isn't bemused the act of becoming amused? :p
In English, words that start with be sometimes are not related in definition to what comes next, such as bemused or bewildered. Or sometimes they are like bewitched or befouled.
Moral of the story? English sucks.

PureX

Veteran Member
In this case, workers aren't getting raises. They aren't getting profit shares. They lost their job. Now they are worse off than before. Just because someone is in the frying pan doesn't mean it's a good idea to throw them to the fire. Now she has a boss who hates her and on top of that an angry mob, claiming to be for justice and the working classz just ensured she can't pay rent. Good job.
It takes courage, and sacrifice, to fight our oppressors. Especially when we've been so cowed and lazy for so long. And allowed them to take full control. So much control that they can murder people in the street in broad daylight and expect to get away with it.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
These are almost exclusively our young people doing this. They have seen their future. The future we squandered on our own selfishness. Now you want them to be good little boys and girls, and to eat the sh*t sandwich we made for them.
So you consider this guy representative of most of the protestors and/or rioters? I don't. My guess is this is just some narcissistic sociopath out there having what amounts to his idea of fun.

And don't tell me what I want.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It takes courage, and sacrifice, to fight our oppressors. Especially when we've been so cowed and lazy for so long. And allowed them to take full control. So much control that they can murder people in the street in broad daylight and expect to get away with it.
Dude, that is so easy to say when you arent using gas station reward points to feed yourself. Yeah. You can take a stand. And go homeless. And let yoyr kids starve. When you aren't privileged and you need your next paycheck so you have food and a bed next week, some wanker comes alomg and takes that away, its not fighting oppressors. It's curbstomping the people you claim to be fighting for.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Some of us are mature enough to realize violence sets off an endless cycle that begats nothing but further violence. Sure, its necessary sometimes, but are people trgetting police stations? No. They're targeting the mom and pop shops of people who had nothing to do with it. If every destroyed car was a cop cruiser, that would be different. But thats not the case. And, yes, it gets even worse than that. Like the deliberate targetting of white people during the LA riots. Thats not cool either.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So you consider this guy representative of most of the protestors and/or rioters? I don't. My guess is this is just some narcissistic sociopath out there having what amounts to his idea of fun.

And don't tell me what I want.
I have the temerity to tell you what you want.
You'll take it...& you'll like it, buster!

You want to express your views without being mischievously told what they are.