• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We believe in one God the Father, not in one God the Trinity

Zog Has-fallen

A Christian Truther
So many accept the established traditions about God that I thought it proper to enlighten them about a significantly different theological construct. The following points numbered 3 and 4 are two articles of faith from The Fundamental Beliefs of Millerite Adventists, Circa 2015.

3. God is unfathomably infinite. He is the source of all things and His Son is the agent through whom all things have come.

John 16:23-24
"Very truly I tell you, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete."

1 Corinthians 8:6-7
"Yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live. But not everyone knows this." (cf. John 1:3).

4. The Son of God and the Spirit of God are God's Representatives.

Just as an image represents an object, Christ represents God. "He is the image of the invisible God" (Colossians 1:15, cf. 2 Corinthians 4:4). A word represents a thought. Christ, who is from everlasting to everlasting, is called "the Word of God" (Revelation 19:13) because He is the perfect expression of the will and mind of God. Analogies are representational. Symbols are representations. Radiance expresses glory in symbolic terms. Scripture says, "He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature" (Hebrews 1:3).

Christ through His Representative, the Holy Spirit, is present in the world. Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "... and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age" (Matthew 28:18-20).

As Perfect Representatives, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit all share the same name.

Isaiah 9:6
"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

Matthew 28:19
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."

So, when Christ said "He who has seen Me has seen the Father" (John 14:9), Christ didn't mean that there is just One of Us or that He and the Father are indistinguishable. Christ meant that He is a Perfect Representative of the Father.
Hallelujah
"God appeared in the flesh,
was vindicated by the Spirit,
was seen by angels,
was preached among the nations,
was believed on in the world,
was taken up in glory." 1 Timothy 3:16.

Last edited: