• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We are the champions ...

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
So those best guesses are OK by you because they satisfy your need to eliminate an intelligent power that is demonstrated to exist, but is denied by science because it is not testable by their only means of verification?

I was specific in stating multiple abiogenesis events was a hypothesis (guess), what is your problem with that.

Oh but it is....various branches of science study parts of it individually:

Provide the falsifiable, peer reviewed evidence for creation then it can be called science.
What, you have none, am i surprised?

Define "mass"...define "time"....define 'gravity'....
Laws exist to facilitate functionality.....laws do not come out of thin air.

The definitions such as they are are available freely on the internet to anyone actually interested.

Compared to what can be known....what science actually knows about the earth at that time would fit into a thimble. Observation? What observation? Who was there to observe anything?

Why don't you do a little research before marking bold and incorrect claims. Analysis of rocks that formed during the period tells a great deal of what the atmosphere consisted of. And of course the rocks themselves tell of their formation. Just becase you don't like it does not make it go away.

How accurate are the measurements of those very old rocks? What can a rock actually tell you in any detail?

Accurate within less than 1%. As for what they tell us, see above

You see what you did there? You resorted to justifying your own views by demeaning those who believe in God as those who believe in magic.

You made a comment, a demand. I replied. You cannot justify your own claim of god, you have no idea how god did it making it sufficiently like magic to be called magic. Or perhaps you can provide the science..

I know that science will never duplicate what the Creator did

Clairvoyance as well?

Of course one cannot duplicate what didn't happen but science is quite close to duplicating abiogenesis as it did happen.

See what you did again? You belittled the idea of creation as something lost to the "bronze age".

No, creation was not lost in the bronze age but is a bronze age idea formed becase at the time there was no better explanation. Unfortunately the idea was not lost to time.

The gaps in evolution are filled in by guesses.....

Evidence please.

The fossil record is complete for about 3 million years, then small gaps begin to appear but gaps that can be filled with knowledge of how evolution works, how bones develop. That continues for about another 4 million years. After which the gaps get bigger, but can still be projected with chemistry and biological knowledge.

Then we have genetics and DNA evidence, DNA cannot lie.

Then we have observation, i personally can visit the local museum and study homo sapiens bone structure for the last 38,000 years, see my avatar, a meaningful example that is dear to me.

I can recommended
https://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/evo_01 for anyone interested, but i wont hold my breath