• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We are now entering a dangerous period for the United States.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
why not agree that both sides are guilty of poo flinging
That's literally exactly what I said

and irrespective of the poo flinging equality, or lack thereof, it is best to move forward with honesty, integrity, and logic?
Agreed, but I think we're going to have to set the poo on fire before things get any better. The hysteria and mutual animosity has way too much momentum behind it. I honest to God think there will be serious blood before anything significantly improves.

youknowme

Whatever you want me to be.
I've figured it out. I can show my media bias chart again. When you have 1/3 of the country relying on RW entertainment for actual news, that's dangerous. 10's of millions of people infected with the virus. You don't have to watch Fox, Rush, etc to catch the disease. You'll hear it from friends, family, coworkers, etc. Repeating the same nonsense.

So it spreads, then the panic mongering takes it's toll over a decade. Slowly building to this point. It will increase.

First priority is to reinstate the "Fairness Doctrine"....something republicans will not be in favor of (obviously).

After that, the only cure is to convince these 10's of millions of people that they have been lied to and intentionally manipulated by republican elitists.
That's the ticket, but they'll probably say CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, PMSNBC, etc are fake news or whatever and completely disregard facts. That's dangerous.

View attachment 25943

How were the "news" outlets analyzed in that chart?

Curious George

Veteran Member
That's literally exactly what I said

Agreed, but I think we're going to have to set the poo on fire before things get any better. The hysteria and mutual animosity has way too much momentum behind it. I honest to God think there will be serious blood before anything significantly improves.
My mistake, i interpreted what you said to mean that there had been equal poo flinging. I agree that both sides are guilty. I just do not think they are equally guilty or that it matters.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
My mistake, i interpreted what you said to mean that there had been equal poo flinging. I agree that both sides are guilty. I just do not think they are equally guilty or that it matters.
Both are true. There has been equal poo flinging, and both sides are guilty.

tytlyf

Not Religious
I do not agree that is the cause. I think it is more cultural than media. I think we see this culture reflected in media. And while media without question fuels animosity, something is wrong with us for flocking to such media.
Democrats don't flock to conspiracy theories and scare tactics. Only 1 side does that. Propaganda is very powerful and explains your reasoning.

Propaganda goes after human emotions. RW media has created a cult of followers that completely believe everything they're told.

So not only are these people fed lies and disinformation on a daily basis, the propaganda behind it keeps them hooked for fear of what could come next. It's all psychological.

Did you know the Kochroaches and their think tanks know tons of personal information on conservative voters? They even know what kind of cereal people buy. The goal of this is to understand how the minds of conservatives can be manipulated and exploited.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Both are true. There has been equal poo flinging, and both sides are guilty.
"False equivalency".

Trump, for example, was well known as a devout poo flinger even before running for president. And during the campaign he flung poo pretty much daily, and what became his base ate it up. Their way of "recycling" I guess.

esmith

Veteran Member
"False equivalency".

Trump, for example, was well known as a devout poo flinger even before running for president. And during the campaign he flung poo pretty much daily, and what became his base ate it up. Their way of "recycling" I guess.
Depends on what you consider "poo", which depends on which side of the political spectrum (both social and economic) one associates with.
However, I will disregard any verbal attacks, that are not of the harmful variety (calling for actions that would cause physical harm), of both sides of the political spectrum.
However, those that create or cause civil disobedience which calls on or cause harm to property or persons for political reasons I find despicable. Now if one looks at the history in the past few years we find those on the far left of the political spectrum have a history of doing so more than those on far right.

I go by the old adage "Sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me".
Then again it appears that there are those in today's society that do not agree with the above.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Depends on what you consider "poo", which depends on which side of the political spectrum (both social and economic) one associates with.
However, I will disregard any verbal attacks, that are not of the harmful variety (calling for actions that would cause physical harm), of both sides of the political spectrum.
However, those that create or cause civil disobedience which calls on or cause harm to property or persons for political reasons I find despicable. Now if one looks at the history in the past few years we find those on the far left of the political spectrum have a history of doing so more than those on far right.

I go by the old adage "Sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me".
Then again it appears that there are those in today's society that do not agree with the above.
I am not so sure that is the most productive way forward. Disparaging rhetoric does not mend fences well.

esmith

Veteran Member
I am not so sure that is the most productive way forward. Disparaging rhetoric does not mend fences well.
But if one is intelligent, one could realize that those that are as @metis said "flinging poo" could consider the source and just disregard them.
Of course this means one would have to be able to recognize that.

Curious George

Veteran Member
But if one is intelligent, one could realize that those that are as @metis said "flinging poo" could consider the source and just disregard them.
Of course this means one would have to be able to recognize that.
Again that doesn't seem to be what happens. Verbal attacks just causes the other side to dig in.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Again that doesn't seem to be what happens. Verbal attacks just causes the other side to dig in.
Plus the flinging of poo may indicate underlying problems with the poo-flinger him/herself, such as chanting "Lock her up?" which, if done is called "lynch-mob mentality" and is the antithesis of what's found in the Constitution. And if words don't have any real impact, then why are we here posting? [rhetorical question]

So much of Trump's poo indicates a mind that simply is egotistical and non-compassionate towards others, and he tends to attract people of similar ilk. They want "strength", regardless as to how many innocent people he may hurt.

This is what autocrats tend to do-- it's all about them and their retention of power, and there often are masses of people who are so ignorant as to the danger that this entails that they blindly excuse his morally depraved words and actions.

As 44 former senators just posted (I believe 11 of them are Republicans), we are in a constitutional crisis with Trump and his disregard, and sometimes even contempt, for the "rule of law".. But the "lemmings" that blindly follow him really don't care-- unless he treads on them, of course. If Trump were to suddenly endorse strong gun-control laws, for example, you could even imagine the cries of the "lemmings" right now.

Last edited:

Shaul

Premium Member
The fault is actually not with the politicians. The fault truly lies with the people, the body Politic. The dishumor and nastiness that people show to their fellow citizens just because they hold differing opinions and perspectives is the true problem. It is disgusting and pathetic. The politicians are just reflecting our own bile.

Don’t believe it? You can find examples of strident political one-sidedness and animus here on RF, even within this thread.

tytlyf

Not Religious

Democrats have flung more poo in your opinion? That's funny. But would make sense if you watch Fox for information. They hide a lot of stuff from you.
Your lesson for the week is to only watch MSNBC. Can you do it? I have no problems watching Fox all day long.