• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We Are Not Yet Gods.

Ellen Brown

In this existence, in this present life, more than once I have heard people bitterly complaining to God about various things, and I have done it myself. Hopefully I have learned my proper place in the Kingdom of God, and will not do it again.

In Job 34:8, he gets corrected by God. I spent several years in deep emotional pain from shattering personal loss, and hope that I've learned that I and everyone else are here at God's pleasure, and he created us for his purpose.

I know that the Mormons do believe that those who are worthy will be Gods and have planets of their own, and it does say that in the Bible, but for me I really don't want to rush things. I might have inhabitants on my planet that are like me, that would perhaps feel like punishment?

Jos

In Job 34:8, he gets corrected by God. I spent several years in deep emotional pain from shattering personal loss, and hope that I've learned that I and everyone else are here at God's pleasure, and he created us for his purpose.
I'm sorry for what you went through and I hope things are better now but was God completely happy and fulfilled before He made humans?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
In this existence, in this present life, more than once I have heard people bitterly complaining to God about various things, and I have done it myself. Hopefully I have learned my proper place in the Kingdom of God, and will not do it again.

I know that the Mormons do believe that those who are worthy will be Gods and have planets of their own, and it does say that in the Bible, but for me I really don't want to rush things. I might have inhabitants on my planet that are like me, that would perhaps feel like punishment?
Personally, I don't even have a desire to be a goddess. That would be way too stressful for me.

Jos

Personally, I don't even have a desire to be a goddess. That would be way too stressful for me.
Exactly. Why would anyone want to be God? It would probably be a very stressful job.

Last edited:

GoodbyeDave

I've learned that I and everyone else are here at God's pleasure, and he created us for his purpose.
That sounds like a very selfish god. But then I've always considered Job one of the worst books in the OT.

PS Why do you put most of your posts in the Seekers' Circle? I thought that was for people seeking help to find a religion.

Ellen Brown

That sounds like a very selfish god. But then I've always considered Job one of the worst books in the OT.

PS Why do you put most of your posts in the Seekers' Circle? I thought that was for people seeking help to find a religion.

I did not know that rule for "Seekers' Circle".

Many of my posts cross belief system boundaries that men have made. I do not believe that the Creator recognizes those boundaries. Raised in chaos, I know that is the only certain thing.

Who are we to judge God? That is presumptive. As to the Book of Job, I and others have lived in it. No, it is not a fun place, it is a teaching place to hopefully learn humility.

Jos

Many of my posts cross belief system boundaries that men have made. I do not believe that the Creator recognizes those boundaries. Raised in chaos, I know that is the only certain thing.

Who are we to judge God? That is presumptive. As to the Book of Job, I and others have lived in it. No, it is not a fun place, it is a teaching place to hopefully learn humility.
Do you believe in Allah or Yahweh? because your avatar indicates that you're Muslim but you reference the Bible a lot.

GoodbyeDave

Not a rule, like the DIR thing, but a guideline.
Seeker Overview.
Finding the best section for a thread is a good way to get it to the people who would be most interested.

As to the Book of Job, I and others have lived in it. No, it is not a fun place, it is a teaching place to hopefully learn humility.
I suppose that is yet another example of the difference between us: my religion doesn't teach humility as a virtue!

Ellen Brown

How can unimaginable suffering teach humility? Aren't there less painful ways to teach it?

You'd have to ask God on that.

I'm actually contrite, embarrassed, ashamed and repentant for what I endured, and search my soul often for any way in me that is not pleasing to God. Perhaps the root of it was my unquenchable rage at those who so long ago hurt me? Jesus is fairly direct about what happens to those of us who do not forgive. I was just this morning confronted by Matt 6:15 and had to acknowledge my failure. When we see this, all we can do is be contrite and repentant. Being that way does not mean that we have to accept future abuse from them.