• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We are not pampered

Mark Dohle

runninglight.jpg

We are not pampered

Christians, in their suffering, know on some level that they are united to Jesus in his sufferings for the salvation of the world. As St. Paus says: “I make up in my body, what is lacking in the sufferings of Christ Jesus”. In other words, the passion of Jesus is lived out in each of our lives.

The more we understand that and seek wisdom, the more we can withstand suffering without becoming bitter or sad to say, losing our faith. There is no magic man in the sky, but only, God-With-Us. The deeper we go into this mystery, the more we see our connection with ‘all’ because we are one with Jesus, becoming Jesus, and he lives in us for others.
No, we are not pampered, nor can we make deals with God, any more than Jesus could in the garden of Gethsemane with his Father.

As it says in the 12th chapter of Hebrews:
7 Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father? 8 If you are not disciplined—and everyone undergoes discipline—then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all. 9 Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of spirits and live! 10 They disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, in order that we may share in his holiness. 11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.
12 Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. 13 “Make level paths for your feet,” so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed.

It is the fear of suffering, and how it fragments our faith that will often drive us to seek out ways to deal with our pain that only leads to deeper suffering. So again, trust, take the next step, and get through the day, each day, for it is in the present where we met the Father and lover of us all.-Br.MD

pearl

I think our prayer in times of suffering is that we 'know' His presence with us through our suffering. Its hard to
put childish ideas to rest. Need to remember 'fear not I go before you'.

Mark Dohle

I think our prayer in times of suffering is that we 'know' His presence with us through our suffering. Its hard to
put childish ideas to rest. Need to remember 'fear not I go before you'.
Well said, my friend thank you.

Peace
Mark