• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We are called to love beyond family

Mark Dohle

love-god-love-people.jpg

When anger, contempt and stereotyping are in play, it can act as a wall of protection from seeing ourselves in others, in their pain, isolation and their many forms of suffering. It lessens our own humanity, for si n is a way that is used to escape the most central truth of life….that others for us, especially those we do not identify with, those with which we have a natural antipathy towards, are in fact for us an encounter with Christ Jesus. For me, it is a hard aspect of carrying the cross of Christ Jesus. We are called to love beyond family, tribe, race, and religion.--Br.MD

Neutral Name

View attachment 31117

When anger, contempt and stereotyping are in play, it can act as a wall of protection from seeing ourselves in others, in their pain, isolation and their many forms of suffering. It lessens our own humanity, for si n is a way that is used to escape the most central truth of life….that others for us, especially those we do not identify with, those with which we have a natural antipathy towards, are in fact for us an encounter with Christ Jesus. For me, it is a hard aspect of carrying the cross of Christ Jesus. We are called to love beyond family, tribe, race, and religion.--Br.MD

I just fell in love with both of you! Pastor Chan because of his beautiful belief which shows that he is a true Christian and you because you are also a true Christian understanding that Jesus is not just denominational. I am searching for Pastor Chan and will hopefully be able to watch his sermons on YouTube. God Bless You Brother Dohle!

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
View attachment 31117

Matthew 22:37-40 King James Version (KJV)

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

It is not that we shouldn't love our families, it is natural to love our families, but it is a lot more difficult to love and sacrifice for our neighbors.

People who only love their family and sacrifice very little of their time helping other people will be in for a big surprise in heaven if they even get there.